Chlorine Treatment Risky

Discussion on preserving Nature: preventing the pollution, destruction and disbalancing of the finely-tuned natural ecosystems on our planet.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

Chlorine Treatment Risky

March 15, 2005: "Chlorine Treatment Seen as Risky" (Source: Wired.com)
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0, ... -1,00.html
"The chemical process might cause more problems in the environment than if you didn't do it at all," said Tom Franza, assistant general manager of wastewater enterprise for the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, or SFPUC. "Scientifically it's controversial, but the regulators take the approach that, since we're not real sure, let's chlorinate."
A treatment used in five plants around the San Francisco Bay Area as well as in municipalities in Ohio, Pennsylvania and elsewhere around the country that doesn't impart DBPs utilizes ultraviolet light, which kills bacteria by changing their genetic structures. Other promising technologies not yet in widespread use for wastewater management include ozonation, the use of membranes, peracetic acid or bromine, and even a diamond electrode-based system.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
InfoSource

Reply..

Glad to see new and innovative green technology being used to help out our problems in the recycling of waste and water

It's too bad we don't have toilets like they do in thiaoouba..it would be the end of toilet humour
Q. What about toilets on Thiaoouba?
A. On Thiaoouba they use a kind of device that looks similar to our toilet, but isn't. It simply disintegrates the waste as it comes out - into elementary particles I guess. No water, no paper, no smell, nothing. Michel was scared that this machine might disintegrate his private parts...
Last edited by InfoSource on Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robanan

InfoSource wrote:It's too bad we don't have toilets like they do in thiaoouba..it would be the end of toilet humour
I can't imagine how many private parts would be lost by the time our scientist would finish testing the first prototype of such a toilet. :lol:

"The technology might look very good on paper, but you need to make sure they’re going to work in practice," said Domenec Jolis, senior engineer at SFPUC Wastewater Enterprise. "The consequences could be very severe."

-quote from the article presented by Vesko
Isn't Hydogen peroxide a good natural disinfectant already?I'm not comforatable with "Killing bacteria by changing their genetic structures". I feel that there must be a very good reason behind the fact that UV light is filtered through the atmosphere of our planet.

What other disinfection methods can we find in nature?
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Marcus

Re: Chlorine Treatment Risky

Vesko wrote:March 15, 2005: "Chlorine Treatment Seen as Risky" (Source: Wired.com)
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0, ... -1,00.html
"The chemical process might cause more problems in the environment than if you didn't do it at all," said Tom Franza, assistant general manager of wastewater enterprise for the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, or SFPUC. "Scientifically it's controversial, but the regulators take the approach that, since we're not real sure, let's chlorinate."
A treatment used in five plants around the San Francisco Bay Area as well as in municipalities in Ohio, Pennsylvania and elsewhere around the country that doesn't impart DBPs utilizes ultraviolet light, which kills bacteria by changing their genetic structures. Other promising technologies not yet in widespread use for wastewater management include ozonation, the use of membranes, peracetic acid or bromine, and even a diamond electrode-based system.
Before I destroyed my pool the chemicals I put in there were atrocius. I was told that if I spill any of the chlorine on me to immediately jump into the pool and hope for the best. A few years ago a man did spill some on himself and died as a result.

Horrible chemical cocktails!
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.