How Did You Discover "Thiaoouba Prophecy"?

General discussion about the two books by Michel Desmarquet. Please ONLY post questions that do not fit in any of the available specialized forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Alisima

yothu wrote:No, it is not "all there". If we were complete, than we would not be here. We have to develop. Our intelligence, our capacity to feel, our sense of humour, our spirituality has to be developed. We have the desire to develop further, simply because we would not do it if we hadn't this desire.
No not developed, but rediscovered.
yothu wrote:Please keep in mind the quote Marcus used many times: "Man exists physically for the sole purpose of developing spiritually."
And marcus is right. But developing spiritually and wanting to delevop sprititually are two different things.
yothu wrote:Please read this article: Only a ripe fruit falls
Yes it is a wonderfull article, I already knew Osho and his teachings, I totally agree with him. Remember that Osho also says, besides "only a ripe fruit falls", this: "ego HAS to be dropped, but it may take a long waiting; and you can drop it only if you cultivate it." This is exactly what I said, the only difference is: I never said HOW to drop it, I only said that it SHOULD be dropped.
Don't read my signature.
Robanan

"Focusing on what you "want" rather than on what you "do" including all your actions and intentions can really inhibit your spiritual development"

Is this what you mean Alisima?

Wanting in itself is not bad at all. Since we all need to "fine tune" our "selves" with the sorrounding universe and reality without losing our integrity if we are to make any spiritual/material development. It is when "wanting" (or anything else) disables or inhibits the "self" from "fine tuning" itself that there appears the risk and the threat to lose integrity therfore turning our very existance into a huge waste of time.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
purpleprincessts

I too came to TP by looking up info on auras. I had found TC's page on how to see and read the aura. Following the links on the page I eventualy found the page of TP and ended up downloading the ebook. I found the book "resonated" with me. The anti-capitalist and anti-authoritarian message of the book fit well with my political belifes as an Anarchist. I also already belived in auras and reincarnation, so the spiritual side of the book fit well too. I was lucky to have found a copy of "abduction to the 9th planet" at a used book store. It's nice to be able to lay down to read rather than sitting at a computer screen.
May the spirit enlighten you -- The great thaori
Vesko

purpleprincessts wrote:I too came to TP by looking up info on auras. I had found TC's page on how to see and read the aura. Following the links on the page I eventualy found the page of TP and ended up downloading the ebook. I found the book "resonated" with me. The anti-capitalist and anti-authoritarian message of the book fit well with my political belifes as an Anarchist. I also already belived in auras and reincarnation, so the spiritual side of the book fit well too. I was lucky to have found a copy of "abduction to the 9th planet" at a used book store. It's nice to be able to lay down to read rather than sitting at a computer screen.
Welcome to the forum, purpleprincessts! Thank you for sharing your story on how you found the best thing since sliced bread ;) ;) ;).

BTW, the message of Michel's book is not really anti-authoritarian. My own conclusion from reading the book is that while the people of Thiaoouba would agree with various ideas maintained by anarchism, they would definitely not agree with the core one that coercive authority should be abolished. Think about it -- they gave us an example of a great civilization that has an authoritarian king on top of it:
"In matters of religion and government, he was to be obeyed absolutely, as he was the representative of the Great Spirit" (page 92, "The Continent of Mu and Easter Island").
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Bastian

Vesko wrote:BTW, the message of Michel's book is not really anti-authoritarian. My own conclusion from reading the book is that while the people of Thiaoouba would agree with various ideas maintained by anarchism, they would definitely not agree with the core one that coercive authority should be abolished. Think about it -- they gave us an example of a great civilization that has an authoritarian king on top of it:
"In matters of religion and government, he was to be obeyed absolutely, as he was the representative of the Great Spirit" (page 92, "The Continent of Mu and Easter Island").
Yes, I agree. I think the Thiaooubans have struck a balance between respect for authority (eg: the thaora) and respect for free will. The big difference is that the people chosen to lead Thiaoouba are loving and unselfish. Meanwhile the people on Earth who desire to be leaders - well they typically desire it for selfish reasons : fame, glory, power.. and not out of a desire to look after the spiritual and material needs of their country. If only we could see the auras of the people leading our countries, then we would know what poor choices we make !
Bastian

The slavery of want / desire / lust

Robanan wrote:Wanting in itself is not bad at all.
Yes, there are 'wants' which will make you their slave eg: lust for money and lust for pleasure (such as with drugs) .. And then I would reckon that there are other 'wants' which will help to free you, such as the desire for spiritual knowledge / truth, and perhaps also the desire to look after the well being of others.

In general I agree with what Jesus and Buddha said about want / desire. Buddha said that desire is the root cause of suffering (I think some people translate this as 'selfish desire'). And Jesus said that the desire for material wealth makes you its slave / servant.
Kosams

First Post: I found the book or should say it found me in the mid 90's. Walking through the local mall I was compelled to go into the bookstore and straight to the UFO section, a small area at the back of the store. It was the only book I picked up, read the back cover and straight away knew it what I was looking for. Like mentioned somewhere else, it's not like anything you'll ever read.

Pity it's taken me so long to find this forum. I've brought the topic up on another forum [The Book Of Thoth] I'm on and so far there are a few reading the eBook but there have been no comments. Once they do I'll direct them here.

Jim aka Kosams
Aisin

Cool. Kosams, glad that u found this forum. that's very unique experience of yours in discovering the book. similar to your experience, the book found me, a friend brought the book to me and lent me to read. from my observation, there're quite a number of people who found it by searching for aura on the net :) looks like that's the leading trend.
Lena

last year, I had a dream I was flying (which I was having often at the time) and I loved it so much that when I woke up I went outside and actually tried jumping up and down trying to fly. I don't know what had gotten into me, it was as if I was a little kid again. then I went straight onto the internet and was looking up chi and energy, because I knew if you could chanelle your energy in certain ways levitation could be possible. I ended up on wikka sites, then metaphysics, spoon bending (which I tried without success), OBE, and thiaoouba.com. for some reason I visited the website several times for different information before finally reading the book. I'd read it in school instead of working. I don't think I wanted to believe it but I wanted to read it anyway. as time passed and the more I reread it I got past the skepticism, past believing, and now I KNOW it is true. soon afterwards I stopped dying my hair pink, stopped going to confermation class, and started questioning the information our teachers were giving us... I felt lonely, and I still do sometimes because I know something my friends and family don't.

I just finished reading the freedom of choice and I feel bad for trying to push TP on people (haha toilet paper :lol: ) I will try not to violate anyone's freedom of choice ever again, even if they're wrong and I know it.
Yothu

Lena wrote:I just finished reading the freedom of choice and I feel bad for trying to push TP on people (haha toilet paper :lol: ) I will try not to violate anyone's freedom of choice ever again, even if they're wrong and I know it.
Yeah, a couple of years ago I tried the same thing. I thought they (a couple of friends) had to know. But, as I now know thru experience, if you try to push something onto someone, it will be likely that it creates the opposite of the effect you desire.

Often quoted saying that applies here (I like that quote very much):

"You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink"

and to the flying in dreams thing:
Isn't it fascinating how natural it feels when one's doing it? As if it is the most common thing on earth.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Lena

yothu wrote:and to the flying in dreams thing:
Isn't it fascinating how natural it feels when one's doing it? As if it is the most common thing on earth.
exactly :D
creativekey

Two years ago, I used to hang in the wrong crowd and do stupid [moderated] like drugs and drink, and well I was looking for a way or reason to get out of all that. So I got on my dusty pc and messaged a few random people on yahoo messenger. I ended up meeting someone really cool and he showed me TFoC. At first I didn't really understand what had just happened. The first thing I gained from that book was an appreciation for nature. After letting it sit in some more, my life did a complete 180. I started using my mind again, stopped fearing hell, stopped hanging out with loser friends, and moved.

Funny that only recently I've found the answers to questions I was asking when I was FIVE years of age. (why am I here? what am I?) Anyway, after reading TFoC I found the TP book and well, it was pretty far out there for me and I didn't know what to make of it. The Freedom of Choice, is a good ice breaker for the book. I don't think I would have taken TP so serious if I hadn't read TFoC first. I'm thankfully for both books and I'm ecstatic about finding this forum! (who btw my same "friend" showed me). This is so weird actually being able to talk openly about this. I have been reluctant to show TP to people because I feel people will think I'm nutty. I feel less alone now.
..... or something
Lena

creativekey wrote:... my life did a complete 180. I started using my mind again, stopped fearing hell, stopped hanging out with loser friends, and moved.
congratulations :D
survivor

Ever since I was a youngster and sent to church I thought something wasn't right, then in my teens a 'minister' told me jesus and his angels would one day come down from heaven and take all the good people back with them. And if you weren't baptised, you would be left behind. (I told my mother he shouldn't scare me like that and the 'church can go to helll).

So, 2 yrs ago on another forum (sports related) someone sent me a prvmsg in regards to a topic (non sport related) and the link was to thiaoouba prophecy, I read that book in two days, cause just about everything that I was reading, made absolute sense in every word. (others in this forum can relate to what I'm saying, some others still search for verification).

So, 2 yrs on and I'm collecting more and more info, I tend to stay away from UFO and alien sites, WAY TOO MUCH CLUTTER THERE.

P.S One thing I have learnt through reading TP and TFOC is, "there is nothing to fear".

Also, the monetry system still makes me sick.(I feel sad for others)
dloheb

Well I wanted to find information on auras online and Chalko's site came up.