older than 65
No votes

Total votes: 65

PyroKinetic

:lol: hehe true
soulrider

35 so far in this life :wink:
ivan4iai

I'm 16 and I'm also very glad I found this book. Now my mission is to evolve spiritually as far as possible! :P
Essene

18 in this life....

Just my opinion but I think that materialism is a big thing when your young, it is harder to be the person you really are as your peers all expect something else. I remember going on a fast for a week yet I only told my mates I wasn't going to eat any junk or drink any alcohol. Even this produced an outcry and as I did not come out on the weekend for the usual 'bender' which consists of getting drunk and being exposed to smoke and very loud noise, they thought I was a different person.

The reaction would of been much more severe if I had told them I hadn't eaten for a week!

They just could not comprehend the 'why'.

Although I must of reached one of my mates who decided to go on a 'detox' a week later and stopped eating junk for a few weeks to lose some weight.

In the next year I am planning on undertaking another fast, this time properly and hopefully in total seclusion.

I just hope 2012 isn't humanities deadline...
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
soulrider

Essene wrote: I just hope 2012 isn't humanities deadline...
It isn't... and good on you for standing your ground...

Yes, you're right, we are/were a more materialistic fool when young, but that is usually due to lack of eductaion and trying to "fit" in... well done for getting it together when you have - you da man! as "they" say :wink:
Always remember you're unique, like everybody else.
Essene

Thanks.

My next major goal spiritual wise is to undertake a proper 3-4 week fast preferably at Tom's place whilst trying out such things as astral travel and trying to reach my Higher self as Tom did. I have proved to myself aura's exist by seeing Tom's machine in action and if I can reach my higher self then there will be no more doubt on the subject of spirituality because unless I have experienced it myself there will always be a shred of doubt.
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
alexH

i'm 14 :)
This book has done me wonders, changing my point of view in the world , but when you take your thoughts and try to live them out, people abuse you in their ignorance. I'm trying to overcome what these people have done to me and the barriers that they put on me, and at this time of life absolutely nobody would believe what i say. They usually say that i'm young, and i don't know anything about life...if only they would listen to me and read this book, with a sincere and honest mind.
Anyway, i wandered off the main topic, but i think that i'm one of the youngest now?
If a blind man leads another, they will both fall into a pit. -Jesus Christ

The no-mind not-thinks no-thoughts about no thing.
Gautama Buddha
Essene

Looks like you are, you seem older than your years though and even though greater knowledge and understanding can seem like a curse at times when people around you simply can't understand you remember there are people out there who are on the same wavelength.

It looks like you've started your journey early, I myself was 16 when unhappy with Christianity as my understanding of the world I decided to sit down and go through most of the religions and searching for truth, eventually I came across TFOC and it's changed the way I think since.

Sooo basically good for you buddy :wink:

alexH

The thing is, whenever somebody in my family mocks me or says something to abuse me, i never reply.

All these thoughts go through my head right at the moment that they say something, and most of these thoughts would make them seem stupid, but for some reason, i just don't say them.

Its like some kind of unknown fear thats preventing me from saying anything

Gautama Buddha
Rezo

Wish I had your restraint, Alex.

s/t I feel an emotional need to defend myself against vain comments [my situation] but usually if I get involved, the argument only lasts longer. Its hard sometimes for me to keep myself from reacting with 'yeah, but...'

anyways. nice to meet you :)
alexH

Nice to meet you too : )

You wish you had my restraint? i wish i didn't

I guess that we have use our strengths and weaknesses to find our own path, too bad it's so hard too do

Gautama Buddha
pax47

Re: How old are you?

TP answered all of my "koans", this materialistic world distorted my consciousness. *Sigh*
I'm 21 years old. :applause:
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Prince Gautama "Buddha"
ElectricIty

I'm in the 36-45 age range. No spring chicken then. :D I remember what life was like growing up in the late 70s and 80s and how life has changed now. I guess I will discuss my thoughts in other topics. Greed will be one thing that I would like to talk about. Got to get it off my chest like a volcano that needs to vent, but I need to be diplomatic. [-o<
bobzw13

I was 12 when I found the TP site and 13 or 14 when I read it. Now I am 15.