Do we deserve it?

News, announcements and technical support for the forum. Report any related problem and be sure it is going to be solved :).

Moderator: Moderators

Should we request?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes: 21

Robanan

Do we deserve it?

What do you think about the idea of having a link to our forum from the http://www.thiaoouba.com web site? Any other sites who would want to host a link to our forum?
VeskoP

Meanwell's site features a link to our forum (without us asking, BTW -- http://www.meanwell.com.au/page5.html). Perhaps Tom Chalko wouldn't mind linking to us, too? We have linked to him -- http://www.goldenplanetforum.com/faq.php#2.
"Man exists physically for the sole purpose to develop spiritually" -- let us all really remember this when we think what to do next.
Vesko

A couple of months ago following my last post here I asked Tom if he would link to the forum, among other things, but did not receive a response about that specifically. I would try again in some time but perhaps others need to ask, too.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
survivor

Vesko wrote:A couple of months ago following my last post here I asked Tom if he would link to the forum, among other things, but did not receive a response about that specifically. I would try again in some time but perhaps others need to ask, too.
Slowly but surely we can get this forum in order (you know my thoughts on "clutter") then, and only then, Tom may respond to your request, lets be "frank" would you really want to link this to http://www.thiaoouba.com ? This forum is filled with innuendo in regards to the best book I have ever read. With a little help from your friends, we can clean it up.

P.S I have noticed that, if you are not a member you can reply to a post or even start a new thread, is this wise? I'm just asking, perhaps you have a good reason for this.
Robanan

survivor wrote:Slowly but surely we can get this forum in order (you know my thoughts on "clutter") then, and only then, Tom may respond to your request,

True, well my impression is that Tom may also think that there is too much garbage on the forum. So unless we do a 'spring clean' as you said I don't think we should turn to him with an official request to link to us.

The purpose of this thread was to gather an overall rating of the forum. As it may be outdated already please post your opinions about the overall quality of the forum. Everyone please back your claims with evidence (posts, threads, forums, posters etc.) so that the board would know what exactly is being talked about and react properly.
survivor wrote:(you know my thoughts on "clutter")
I don't know your thoughts about clutter, so far you have just made a claim no explanation or elaboration. I'm intrested because the moderators are now actively rating and quality checking the threads. There is nothing to clean or to improve unless you show your determination in contributing to this forum positively and coherently. Tell us about your ideas, would you be so kink to handpick some clutter and show the board what you really are concerned with? Think of me as an individual very much concerned about the quality and coherence of the information presented on this forum. If you ever get serious about cleaning the forum I will be one of those individuals willing to help and assist such initiatives.
survivor wrote:lets be "frank" would you really want to link this to http://www.thiaoouba.com ? This forum is filled with innuendo in regards to the best book I have ever read. With a little help from your friends, we can clean it up.
I understand your feelings about the book, you may have to be a little more open to notice that some subjects and some threads did not appear out of thin air. If you are as concerned as you say then go on do something about it, you might very well end up helping us do what we do much better.
survivor wrote:P.S I have noticed that, if you are not a member you can reply to a post or even start a new thread, is this wise? I'm just asking, perhaps you have a good reason for this.
We are currently observing guest activity and effect on our forum, none of us is the all wise and so far I've noticed that it would be better to eye check guest posts and forum activity.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
ptex

Should we beg?

I'm sorry for stating such a strong opinion here but it seems worthless discussing something whose importance and relevance has already expired.

I understood the message has been sent to Tom and he chose not to respond.
I'll skip answering the obvious but it seems to me that no further efforts should be done in this direction.
In my opinion the worth of this forum speaks for itself!

The intelligent user will find worthy information and advice with a human face here, not a one voiced monologue(!)... people are sharing real life experiences, genuine pieces of each and everyone of us as Robanan very well mentioned who honestly contribute their best to enhance the discussion of the utmost important aspects of life in all its complex components.
So, tell me, why should we look forward for the approval of someone else? From Tom? Or (why not mention it) even Michel?
We have every the right to express our limited (or not) understanding and to learn from our own mistakes, wouldn't you agree?
In this forum we have the chance to read and post ideas and experiences of people who are on the same process of learning as we ourselves.

In my humble opinion we should therefore concentrate our efforts in finding ways to coherently increase the quality and accuracy of the information here provided but not for the the above mentioned purpose!
We also should unite efforts in finding ways to make this forum more widely available to other people: this is an open forum and please keep in mind that we're on a level 1 cathegory planet: so there's a huge amount of learning to do and we have people in all levels and conditions. We can keep hearing voices telling us: "you have to do the learning on your own", "you must find the answers by yourself" but if we find companions with whom we can share our views, hear a word of advice and wisdom, we come out enriched and ... how many times have I felt that way while reading other member's posts? I found true gems here, things I relates with and which are real to me as part of my living!

However I can't help saying that an important responsibility we ALL share as forum members is to complete any thread that according to our personal experience we can honestly do, thus avoiding people who read an incomplete / innaccurate thread to remain uninformed and confused and having to go through the same process of trial and error as we did before.

I recognize the outstanding contribution of many distinguished forum members whose names I won't mention now but who will know, by reading these words, that it's to them that I'm referring to and I refuse to diminish in any way the excellent work they've been doing through all this time. A prove of this is their genuine and permanent concern regarding the worth and relevancy of this forum ;-)

Please understand I mean no offense to anyone and my apologies if someone felt, even if slightly, harmed by my words :oops:
Sharing my thoughts with you: I intend to make this forum known in all the sites and information resources I manage.
VeskoP

survivor wrote:This forum is filled with innuendo in regards to the best book I have ever read.
Please elaborate on the innuendo. Thank you.
"Man exists physically for the sole purpose to develop spiritually" -- let us all really remember this when we think what to do next.
survivor

VeskoP wrote:
survivor wrote:This forum is filled with innuendo in regards to the best book I have ever read.
Please elaborate on the innuendo. Thank you.
For a good 3months, I scanned the WHOLE of this forum, at that time I had no desire to become a member, cause if I did, I would have jotted down all my 'concerns/queries', now if I were to elaborate on my acquisition of the word 'innuendo' it would take months, that’s a lot of mental usage I'm not prepared (at this time) to utilize, however, on the flip side, if you find the 'said' quote offensive, then I would have no problem with you editing 'said' post. :flower:
InfoSource

survivor wrote:For a good 3months, I scanned the WHOLE of this forum, at that time I had no desire to become a member, cause if I did, I would have jotted down all my 'concerns/queries', now if I were to elaborate on my acquisition of the word 'innuendo' it would take months, that’s a lot of mental usage I'm not prepared (at this time) to utilize, however, on the flip side, if you find the 'said' quote offensive, then I would have no problem with you editing 'said' post. :flower:
You don't have to give a lot of detail on what you see as the 'innuendo' on this forum, just some examples along with examples of the 'clutter' you speak of, so we get a better understanding of what exactly you mean
survivor

Yep, no worries, I'm hard at it.. :computer: But be patient, it could take days or even weeks. :sail:

..don't ya just love emoticons :D