What the "Bleep" Do We Know?

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Marcus

What the "Bleep" Do We Know?

I highly recommend seeing the movie "What the Bleep Do We Know!?". If you
haven't heard of it, or would like more info, see the attached link. It is
an amazing movie about the constructs of reality and creating your reality.
The film includes interviews with several eminent scientists who explain
things in simple terms.

Watching it, I could relate a lot of Thiaoouba subjects.

http://www.whatthebleep.com/
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Vesko

Thank you, Marcus.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Alisima

Well, I have seen it, just yet. And I think it is a good step in a good direction. Whenever you mind goes astray, you can use this film, or the information presented in it, to get you back on track, i.e. positive thinking. For that purpose it is good. But the whole idea about, "You create your own reality" is totally absurd. Not that it is untrue, no, we create our own reality, that much is true. But we have to understand who this "you" , in "You create your own reality", really is. What most people know, and what is explained in the movie also, is the conscious/unconscious ratio. You are only 10% conscious, and 90% unconscious. Now, with that knowledge in mind, look again at the saying: "You create your own reality." So, 90% of the creating of our realities is done unconsciously!! That means that the red line throughout the movie is only 10% true!!

So what this movie does, is placing a huge burden, namely that YOU are responsible for all the mess you create, unto only 10% of what actually IS creating the mess. This is where a false center is created, i.e. an ego. This 10% now thinks that it creates his reality and feels very much in power. But this is false.

The next time, or if you haven't seen it yet, the first time, you see the movie, watch for moments when there is a sudden feeling of power and control. There is bound to be. Know well that this is your ego. This is the 10% which feels almighty.

This is the reason why almost all mystical teachings in the whole recorded history, including all enlightened ones, have placed some much emphasize on awareness. Whole the teaching of Buddha can be represented by "Be aware". There aim was to bring the conscious/unconscious ratio of 10/90 to at least 50/50, and eventually to 100/0. There has been a EEG scan on an enlightened one. And guess what, FULLY conscious. Only when you are fully conscious does the idea of "You create your own reality" apply.

In the movie they try to make people believe that great, big scientists have worked on the movie. And indeed some of them are great, big scientists. But there are far more greater scientists alive today, who can explain this, and much more in less than 1,5 hour.

But I still think this movie is a good step in a good direction. Namely the direction of a positive attitude. Many people can learn from this movie, so that is good for human development. However, it is a mainstream movie. So it is not for the spiritual seeker, because they already know this, and many times, much more.

Anyway, I can go on and on for hours, commenting on this movie. But I think you have to do it for yourself.

One thing though, have you noticed that there is not a single technique given in this movie, or conclusion for that matter, which could bring you to closer to yourself. To your inner being. To God. And they haven't even mentioned the word 'Meditation' even once!! Although I have seen it on a computer monitor, in the background. :wink:
Don't read my signature.
Yothu

I've watched the movie, though I got a question open:

A speaker (I don't know his name - were they introduced at the end? I didn't watch but only 4/5) said his definition of addiction is simply: "Something you can't stop."

"Your cells may say: 'Make me suffer please', hence we bring situations to ourselves that fulfill the biochemical craving of the cells of our body by creating situations that meet their chemical need."

"An addict will always need a little bit more in order to get a rush or a high of what they're looking for chemically. For my definition really means that if you can't control your emotional state you must be addicted to it."

:?: :?: :?:

It is the last paragraph and particularly the last phrase puzzles me a bit. Ideas anyone?
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
bomohwkl

I watched today. Highly recommended.

I am thinking to get "Evolve Your Brain: The Science of Changing Your Mind " by what I think the most knowledgable speaker in the programme
bomohwkl

[quote="Yothu"]
"An addict will always need a little bit more in order to get a rush or a high of what they're looking for chemically. For my definition really means that if you can't control your emotional state you must be addicted to it."

:?: :?: :?:

It is the last paragraph and particularly the last phrase puzzles me a bit. Ideas anyone?[/quote]

It looks obvious to me. I dont understand what actually puzzles you.
alexH

This movie is awesome, i recommend to anybody
I watched it today, and I'm gonna watch it again because some parts are still unclear to me.
I had a snowday today cause about 30 cm of snow fell, so i just went watching and learning things.

I remember one quote from this movie and it was "Positive thinking is like a thin layer on top of all negative thoughts, your past and all the negative things that are going on in your life"
so then "If you want to change how you live, then you need to go to your roots - with positive thinking."
If a blind man leads another, they will both fall into a pit. -Jesus Christ

The no-mind not-thinks no-thoughts about no thing.
Gautama Buddha
Rezo

wow evolve your brain looks real good, weird - I missed this!

oh yea i saw wtb :) it was great. Theres a sequel of that I saw also, called 'down the rabbit hole'. Also good.