Poll on International 'Thiaoouba Prophecy' conference

Contains polls on questions either directly or indirectly related to the books

Moderator: Moderators

Where would you prefer an international "Thiaoouba Prophecy" meeting / conference to be held sometime in the future?

Africa
No votes
Asia
13%
Australia
38%
Europe
31%
North America
18%
South America
No votes

Total votes: 45

VeskoP

Poll on International 'Thiaoouba Prophecy' conference

Please answer the poll and/or post your feedback and thoughts.
Last edited by VeskoP on Mon May 29, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Man exists physically for the sole purpose to develop spiritually" -- let us all really remember this when we think what to do next.
Aisin

/*probably you might want to cast your vote before reading my remarks, as the entry below contains some personal opinion, which may or may not affect your split of the second decision*/

just some thoughts... depending on the objective of the conference & the participants, we're currently voting out of free will of individuals, and not setting any control / boundary on the selection criteria. of course the poll is yet to be closed, and the final results is not out yet. i suppose eventually we have to pick a country and a city. embedded herein is the issue of currency exchange. if we end up having it in a country with an advantagous currency in comparison to other countries, then it may be an obstacle for participants from certain countries who may not afford the trip.

BTW, Vesko, is this just some hypothetical scenario? or does the polling serve some practical purposes?
bomohwkl

Affordability of the trip is a great concern, in particular people from Africa and Asia might have great difficulty to attend the meeting if it is held in developed country. It seems that the choice of the country is to ensure as many as people in this FORUM can attend.
Priority is given to

1. Affordability
2. Diversity
3. People from this Forum

In my opinion a country between Western Europe and Asia might be a good choice.
The polling will serve some practical purpose in near future (1-3 years time)
Vesko

Aisin, the poll is the result of private exchanges between some members.
My personal thoughts are that it is early for a real conference -- we currently have only 90 forum members after all, but if we make the event known well in advance, there are going to be many more people interested eventually.
I also think that the poor countries in the world are much more numerous than the more materially well off ones, so we might see strange poll results here. But on the other hand, very poor people usually are usually not very interested in spirituality because when you are struggling to meet even your most basic needs, spiritual development is not the first thing on your mind (although according to the book it must be, e.g. the beggar example).
I think if we leave this poll open for a very long time (a year or more), and then close the poll and choose a number of towns or cities from the continent with most votes from the first poll, and leave that poll open for a long period, too, things will sort themselves out. Please continue posting your concerns here so everyone can read and consider them before/after voting.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Aisin

Cool! I'm very excited abt the idea of a real conference. I've actually thought of this idea previously too. I agree with you guys to leave the poll open for a relatively long period of time.

But the decision of which city to hold it in is definitely not an easy one. I doubt plain voting alone can solve it. Bearing in mind the 3 priorities suggested by bomohwkl, the majority voted continent may not end up to be the most feasible location.

On the other hand, even if we select an affordable location, we may not have any of our participants there to do the logistic & organizing works, won't be practical enough. It's best to be held in a country where at least 1 participant / forum member is residing, and who's willing to head the organizing committee. it's much easier if the organizer is at the event location physically, to do the booking, site survey, accomodation arrangement, as well as to guide others on relevant matters (currency, budget, travelling methods etc).

Personally i feel that this poll is sufficient for the time being, and for 'publicity' purposes. In time to come, when the time is mature for us to take action, we'd definitely need more voting / decisions, eg: who're seriously interested to attend, and among the countries where committed participants are residing, we'll choose a most feasible country, and form the organizing committee etc. Just my 2 cents. :)
Vesko

Yes, Bomohwkl has thought about a committee -- it sounds reasonable that pivotal decisions are made by a committee based on poll results, but not necessarily directly reflecting those results.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Bastian

I voted for Australia, but hey maybe Vietnam would be a better location :-)
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Aisin

How about inviting Michel to grace the event?
Lena

I voted for Australia even though I live in North America, because 1.) like aisin said, Michael could come, and 2.) I've always wanted to visit australia anyway and I can afford that trip
Aisin

from what i last heard, he's in Vietnam :wink:
shezmear

what we could do is do a teleconverence, with TV`s in real time, in the respective country`s, say one in Europe, one in Ausralia, and any were else, and we link them, this way no expensive flight`s, we can do it yearly and we get to see each other`s wonderful faces and hear each other voices :)

We could even drag Tom along to the Australia one, and possibly maybe Michel or though good luck with that.

We just need to co-ordinate with each other.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Yothu

What exactly would be the purpose of this conference?
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
shezmear

A good question....

Off the top of my head,

1. It could be fun :)
2. It could be an opportunity for more like minded people to come together, which is always a good thing.
3. I also think each person would take there own things out of it, although we would need to have our own set of objectives, which I’m sure amongst our collective intelligence we could brain storm and bring out all sorts of ideas.

I think from my perspective it could serve to bring people together, which is not a small thing.
J.C
Yothu

Ok, basically you mean a "International Golden-Planet-Forum Meeting", if I understand well.

If it is this I would be glad to take part 8)
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
shezmear

Right on..
J.C