Mortgages Anyone?

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

survivor

It is choice to purchase a house;

-I however would not purchase a house in the suburbs.
-I would not obtain a mortgage; I don’t want to work the rest of my life with a burden, forcing me to work.
-I prefer to rent, I can pack up and move on whenever I choose.
-If I were to buy property, it would be in the country and owned 'outright'.

Early last year, my partner and I decided we wanted to travel Australia for several months. So we sold all of our household furniture (very nice furniture) to gather extra funds. We traveled for 3months until funds dried up, we did plan to pick fruit, but, it was way too hot.

Now, after roughing it for 3months (we slept in a tent) we are back in Melbourne, sharing a house with a friend, we have virtually NO assets (excluding our air polluting vehicle) and we are happy, although, at-times, anxious to travel again.

We are both unemployed by choice, however, both creative in the mind, that's our source of income.
shezmear

cool, i did the same thing, back in 2001, except i went with my partner and fastered in the desert, I have felt like doing it again lately.

My mum bought her house out in the country, for $12 000, she had to fix it up, but she own`s it, i might to the same thing next year.

I agree this world of debt makes me sick, I rent also out of choice, and if i buy it will be because the money has come easy to me, as apose to slaveing my life away, been there done that.

When you really understand TP, and universal law, you discover that happyness and freedom are our birth right, everything in the universe is free, we don`t need to be in debt.

When ever i get into the whole money thing, it always comes back to bit me spiritually and lately i have realised that i can die anyday, anytime, and when that time comes, what will take with me? sertonly none of this.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
bomohwkl

How to Survive Without a Salary: Learning How to Live the Conserver Lifestyle (Paperback)

I have the book. Whether it works depends on the assumption of the fact that the housing is CHEAP. So, it doesn't work in UK.
One thing is certain, the author warns that it is NOT EASY.

BE WARN of disregard of the real world. You cannot disregard the monetary system. The world is ruthless to idealist people. Of course, if you have friends and partner who share your ideal and support your ideal, you will more capable to face the world.

Renting by choice? You must know that your are making other people rich by that choice and you don't own it at the end. You need to think as an investment of your future when you are 65 and above. Do you want to pay to rent? You also need to consider the slow deterioration of your health which might not allow you to work in order to pay the rent. You will have considerable freedom if you have a house which is yours at the age of 65 compared to if you don't have.

You have to take note as I strongly believe that Tom has a mortage too.
You couldn't be your best self if you constantly worry about physiological and safety needs, couldyou?
I strongly recommend reading
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_h ... y_of_needs

We are living in a imprefect world. There is no easy way out, is there?