General Comments, Critique and Suggestions

Your opinion about this forum. It matters! Even a single person can make a difference by posting here.

Moderator: Moderators

GreatIntellect

19 here.
Vesko

Are you sure it is not 99 to the power of 99, GreatIntellect ;) ?
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
GreatIntellect

No no. That's in dog years. :wink:
Zark

Vesko wrote:Are you sure it is not 99 to the power of 99, GreatIntellect ;) ?
I don't know why this popped into my head.. but... in Mandarin the numbers 1 and 9 sound like the words "easy" and "spirits/alcohol".

That is when I thought.. hmm it seems odd that the number 9 sounds almost exactly like the word for spirits (the alcholic variety). Especially given the spiritual significance of the number 9. And.. why do we use the same word for spirit and really strong alcohol anyway. You see, I'm not convinced that strong spirits are good for ones spirit. Certainly not in the long run. But I guess spirits do tend to raise ones spirits - albeit artificially. Hmm... it is this synththetic joy that is so harmful to ones psyche I guess.

(fixed an error in the Mandarin translation)
Last edited by Zark on Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Kestrel

Wouldent it be 89

9x9
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Lachie

uhm, kestrel, 9 x 9 = 81 :S

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
Marcus

Lachie :shock:
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Kestrel

Typo I sware ;)
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
Lachie

hehe

what? it's true! i bet it was just a typo, too :)

no worries kestrel

lach
God is a games designer =]
Kestrel

All the numbers look alike man ! :lol:

Its just not like arabic where you can tell them apart. The way numbers are intented to be.
Thao
Vesko

Of course it's a typo -- but somehow ending each number with 9 makes you more likeable in the eyes of the Creator :). I didn't propose 9 x 9 since the Creator would be younger than my grandmother then...
But on a second thought, GreatIntellect mentioned dog years, so maybe that will add enough "senility" to the Creator... :lol:
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
GreatIntellect

Who ever said it was the years of a dog on THIS planet? Time doesn't seem to go by very fast in the ether!
Kestrel

lol GI that was pretty good ;)
Thao
GreatIntellect

Ha ha... Thanks! :wink:

With the way Earth is turning out, I'd like to think I did SOMETHING right! :shock:

(Maybe that was uncalled for...)
Yothu

and spiritual progress through science is archieved.
There is an 'r' obsolete in the Index.

:wink:

Kind regards
matthias
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.