Another Undersea Pyramid?

A place to discuss matters of bygone times that are forgotten, but are recovered so that humanity is no longer condemned to repeat history as it so often does.

Moderator: Moderators

trumpet_is_cool

Another Undersea Pyramid?

What do you think about this ? Maybe there is a connection between the underwater structures near Cuba and this Pyramid ? Or is it just a nice Story ?
The Papyrus of Ani in the Theban Book of the Dead depicts an ankh surmounting a djed pillar. The ankh has hands holding a large reddish sphere. In 1970 Dr. Ray Brown, a naturopathic practitioner and lecturer from Mesa, Arizona, made an extraordinary discovery 135 feet down near the Bari Islands in the Bahamas, 20 miles from the edge of the undersea drop known as the Tongue of the Ocean. He saw a pyramid "shining like a mirror" [Brown], about 120 feet high, though only the top 90 feet was visible above the submarine sands. Like the Giza pyramids once were it was smooth, and the blocks so tightly jointed a knife blade couldn't slot between them. The pyramid had a lapis lazuli coloured capstone. It was surrounded by the buildings of a ruined city which, according to pilots, stretches for about 5 miles. Pyramids, domes and arches have been sighted around the Grand Bahama Banks, near Haiti and San Domingo, while extensive ruins are said to lie off Cuba.
http://www.pip.com.au/~paceman/SUBMARINEPYRAMIDS.html
Vesko

That Dr. Ray Brown's story about his discovery in 1970 and the rest of the information given on the page definitely does not seem impossible.

The pyramid supposedly discovered by him is probably one of many Atlantean pyramids. According to Michel's book, Atlantis had a pyramid, too. If such a pyramid had existed or still exists (Michel has said in an audio interview that it will be found), there is no reason to believe it is the only pyramid -- perhaps Brown's one and is another smaller one, like there are other pyramids in Egypt beside the Great Pyramid. If true, it must be related to the underwater structures that have been discovered near Cuba, but not yet confirmed, by Paulina Zelitsky and her team, which we have already discussed on the forum. I presume you refer to those underwater structures.

Note that as indicated at the end of the web page, the entire or a part of its text (and illustration?) is from the book "The Lost Continent Revealed", page 102. It is a 1984 book.

By the way, I have read at least some of Ray Brown's story before, however, not on the page you have provided. A paragraph from the page is relevant to the topic "3 Special Places under the Sphinx?" in this forum ("General History: Events and Lessons"). I have posted the paragraph under that topic. Here is a copy of the paragraph:
A New York psychic, Elizabeth Bacon, said, during a reading, that Thoth buried his Hall of Records near the Sphinx and pyramids. Intriguingly, the Edfu Texts describe the Hall as being, "a pyramid shaped entrance hall surrounded by 12 cylindrical chambers" [the Chambers of Creation], each containing material from a different branch of knowledge. There may be medical equipment, communications equipment, evidence of air travel. If you translate the Edfu Texts literally there is even mention of "power tools".
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
tom

"Atlantis, the Antediluvian World" by Ignatius Don

Hi all,

I've found an interesting book on Atlantis by Ignatius Donnelly (published 1882)
with title "Atlantis, the Antediluvian World".

I haven't had the time to read the whole book, so I don't have any comments
at the moment.

Th URL link is

Atlantis, the Antediluvian World
tom

I've found a related article, just post to give more information
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Underwater Finds Raise Questions About Flood Myths
Brian Handwerk
for National Geographic News
May 28, 2002

Ancient stories of massive floods pass from generation to generation and in many places in the world are integral to a people's spoken history.

The tales differ by locale, but commonly feature torrential rains or a hugely destructive wall of water bursting into a valley, destroying everything in its path. In many cases, the flooding is an act of retribution by displeased gods.

Many scientists, historians and archaeologists view these enduring tales as short, dramatised versions of the memory of rising seas at the end of the Ice Age. Like all good stories, they are rich with local drama, religious legends, and moral principles.

While images of catastrophic floods are popular, many scholars argue that the real rising sea level slowly invaded the Stone Age hunting territories for thousands of years, and the stories compress this event into overnight floods, storms, and destruction.

Recent undersea findings may yield new clues to the study of human habitations that now lie beneath the waves.

Cuba's Sunken City

Deep in the waters of Cabo de San Antonio, off Cuba's coast, researchers are exploring unusual formations of smooth blocks, crests, and geometric shapes. The Canadian exploration company that discovered the formations, Advanced Digital Communications, has suggested that they could be the buildings and monuments of an early, unknown American civilization.

Many scientists are skeptical of any theory that might tempt people to draw a parallel with the fabled lost city of Atlantis. Geologist Manuel Iturralde, however, has stressed the need for an open mind while investigations of the site continue.

"These are extremely peculiar structures, and they have captured our imagination," said Iturralde, who is director of research at Cuba's Natural History Museum. Iturralde has studied countless underwater formations over the years, but said, "If I had to explain this geologically, I would have a hard time."

In his report on the formations, Iturralde noted that conclusive proof of man-made structures on the site could reinforce some oral traditions of the Maya and native Yucatecos. These people still retell ancient stories of an island inhabited by their ancestors that vanished beneath the waves.

Iturralde makes it clear, however, that just because no natural explanation is immediately apparent, it doesn't rule one out. "Nature is able to create some really unimaginable structures," he said.

Further research is scheduled to take place over the summer. Data thus far has been collected using sonar scans and video. The structures are buried under 1,900 to 2,500 feet (600 to 750 meters) of water.

Link:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... ities.html
Rezo

ancient sites, etc

does anyone have any information about 'Kumarinadu' the stories about a continent or mass of land stretching south of india and connected to madagascar in the west, and australia in the southeast? I only remember in TP I think that, burma was much bigger but it didnt say i dont think where it stretched or connected to. [in the kumarikandam ideas its india that extends, not burma, anyway].

what do people think about this, anyone know about any megaliths or anything in any of those islands? some call this lemuria/mu, but obviously thats gonna be different than the other description so its some other place.

I have heard, and this is unrelated, about an island in micronesia called 'mu'a' that has heavy stone blocks, and another near malibu that robert stanley wrote about, that had zoomorphic rocks like those at marcahuasi. Anyway heres articles I found for those interested, about 'kalimu':

http://unicusmagazine.com/html/kalimu.htm
http://unicusmagazine.com/html/mupics.htm

what else oh right, mu'a tongatapu and the Ha'amonga'a Maui Trilithon [burden of maui]:

http://www.janeresture.com/tonga_mua/index.htm
http://www.pbase.com/wcph/image/54663272
http://palaceoffice.gov.to/content/blogcategory/75/87/

they say the trilith is only about 1000 years old, ive read each stone is about 40 tonnes.
The Paepae ‘o Tele’a is also interesting. I read that many say the rocks did not come from that island but had to come there from 'somewhere'.