Awareness and (Un)consciousness

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Alisima

Awareness and (Un)consciousness

I was wondering, is their a difference between awareness and consciousness?? If there is, one could be aware of yourself being unconsciousness.

Which brings me to my next question, is unconsciousness merely forgetting that you are conscious?? As if you memory isn't working.

These questions are related to my latest 'I-am-almost-sleeping' experiences. Where you are not fully asleep but are already half dreaming. With little stories or fantasies which drag you further into the unconscious state.

What do you think?
Don't read my signature.
InfoSource

From http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art ... ekey=11852

The medical definition of unconsciousness

Unconscious: 1. Interruption of awareness of oneself and one's surroundings, lack of the ability to notice or respond to stimuli in the environment. A person may become unconscious due to oxygen deprivation, shock, central nervous system depressants such as alcohol and drugs, or injury.
2. In psychology, that part of thought and emotion that happens outside everyday awareness.

I'd agree with the above definitions, I've heard that most dreams are uncounscious recollections of your thoughts, fears, and emotions during the day
These questions are related to my latest 'I-am-almost-sleeping' experiences. Where you are not fully asleep but are already half dreaming. With little stories or fantasies which drag you further into the unconscious state.

What do you think?
Maybe your in a buffer state, where your getting ready to go into the full dream state

To answer your questions:

I would think awareness is a part of consciousness, where your aware your conscious and vice-versa

Also I don't see how your can be aware your uncousciousness unless it's after the fact not during that state