The Vatican Supporting Criminals Today As in the Past?

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Vesko

The Vatican Supporting Criminals Today As in the Past?

"The Vatican Shelters a War Criminal", http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?pag ... le&id=1713, September 23, 2005.

Please read the full article, the excerpts here contain only a few important bits to make it easier to find and get interested about, and, of course, to comply with copyright law. The colouring and the emphasis in bold are mine.
The United Nations chief prosecutor for war crimes claimed this week that the Vatican is sheltering Croatian war criminal Ante Gotovina.
[...]
Students of Vatican history are familiar with the Vatican’s involvement with an organization known as Odessa that bankrolled the escape of many a Nazi from Europe following World War ii. They are also not unfamiliar with an underground network of safe houses and escape routes used by the Nazis in the closing stages of and years immediately following the war, known as the Ratlines.

Yet the general public remains basically ignorant of the high level of involvement of the Vatican hierarchy in the operation of the Ratlines that allowed safe haven in monasteries and other church facilities, and which used church manpower to facilitate the escape of countless thousands of Nazis to Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, Canada, Australia and even the United States of America.

It may come as even more of a surprise to the average man in the street to hear that the current pope, Joseph Ratzinger, was connected to the operations of the Vatican Ratlines network of Nazi escape routes.

[...]“I have information he is hiding in a Franciscan monastery and so the Catholic Church is protecting him. I have taken this up with the Vatican and the Vatican refuses totally to cooperate with us” (September 20).

[...]the Vatican could probably find out where ‘in a few days.’”

[...]“the Catholic Church has the most advanced intelligence services” (ibid.).

[...]the Vatican informed her that it had no obligation to assist the UN track war crimes suspects.[...]However, as with Pope Benedict xvi’s stance on charges of the Vatican’s complicity in *** [orig. "pedastry"] in the priesthood, he simply regards the church as being above at least U.S. civil law. As the Vatican State informed the nation of Israel when it complained about Ratzinger’s failure in a recent speech on terrorism to condemn Palestinian terrorist acts against that country, no power may dictate to the pope!

So it is that the Trumpet feels the shadow of the old Nazi ratlines rising to once again cloud the prospects of true justice being imposed in bringing Catholic fascists to book. We have consistently warned of this past repeating itself. Now we are not only witnessing an approach by the Vatican to the Gotovina case identical to that applied to the sheltering of Nazi war criminals 60 years ago, we see none other than the pope himself directly involved, once again, in frustrating the course of true justice. Such a stance by Benedict, so early in his papacy, bodes ill for the future of Europe, and indeed the rest of the world.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Yothu

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Vesko

Yothu, thank you. I did not know who Gerald Flurry is, and should have checked the name "The Philadelphia Church of God" that I noticed on the article website, but let me be the first to say: if one follows the links you provided, it turns out he is not a very suspect individual, he is beyond any suspicion, in my opinion. He leads one of those sects that Thao speaks about in the book.

That said, the particular article is fine and based on information from less dubious sources, as far as I can gather. What do you think? Here is an article from BBC News:

"Vatican denies aiding war suspect", http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4265694.stm, September 20, 2005.
Ms del Ponte said Archbishop Giovanni Lajolo, responsible for the city-state's foreign relations, told her in July that the Vatican had no obligation to assist the UN's war crimes tribunal in the Hague.

Chief Vatican spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls confirmed that this was the case.

But he added that Ms del Ponte had not yet responded to requests for more precise information about where Gen Gotovina might have taken refuge.

Tribunal officials have told the BBC that if they had such detailed information they would not have needed the Vatican's help but instead would have asked the Croatian police to arrest him.
[...]
Ms del Ponte wrote to Pope Benedict XVI in July this year in an effort to secure the Vatican's co-operation, her spokeswoman Florence Hartmann told the BBC News website.

The Pope has yet to reply to the prosecutor's request for a meeting, Ms Hartmann said.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Yothu

IOR

Last week I saw the movie called "The statement". It is exactly about what you are talking Vesko.
To which events in the past do you actually refer?

I read about a certain organization in the Vatican, a little-known entity identified as the Institute for Religious Works, or IOR, the official bank for the Vatican. (Instituto Per Le Opere Di Religione).

There had been reports that the organization was the majority stockholder of Industria Farmaceutica Serono, a corporation that produced a certain compound called Luteolas and Luteonorm which were prescribed by doctors as a contraceptive. [1]

Not only that, the bank was accused to have indirect connections to the mafia. Friday, June 18, 1982, a body was found hanged underneath Blackfriars Bridge in London, England. Soon it was learned that the dead man was really Roberto Calvi, chairman and managing director of Banco Ambrosiano in Milan, Italy. There had been rumours that he was made an example of, because he tried to dupe mighty men in the Vatican. [2]

[1]
http://www.theboot.it/calvi_affair.html
http://www.namebase.org/main3/Paul-Casi ... inkus.html

http://www.zeit.de/archiv/2001/45/20014 ... anbank.xml
(^ german)

[2]
http://www.edwardjayepstein.com/question_calvi.htm
Yothu

Vatican had no obligation to assist the UN's war crimes tribunal in the Hague.

Chief Vatican spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls confirmed that this was the case.

But he added that Ms del Ponte had not yet responded to requests for more precise information about where Gen Gotovina might have taken refuge.

Tribunal officials have told the BBC that if they had such detailed information they would not have needed the Vatican's help but instead would have asked the Croatian police to arrest him.
Wouldn't it be odd if the people of Vatican would support manhunt?

I'm just not able to believe that the Vatican is a homogenic mass of currupt individuals. There must be some souls that have true mercy for those hunted creatures and provide them shelter, even if they are no more worth than beasts.
Vesko

I do not believe it is a homogenic corrupt mass, I believe there are people there who oppose this and would like to see justice.

But what do you mean by manhunt and some souls who have true mercy by providing shelter to criminals? I would not consider tracking criminals a manhunt in this case, since Gotovina is sought to be brought to an official international legal court, it is not like the United Nations are a lynch mob, are they?

The US disregarded the UN for the war with Iraq. The Vatican disregards the UN, too. Then what does the UN stand for? United Nonexistents?
Bastian

Loyalty, love, and trust bind social groups

Vesko wrote:I do not believe it is a homogenic corrupt mass, I believe there are people there who oppose this and would like to see justice.
Yes, I agree. Even kind and decent people can make the mistake of placing their loyalties with leaders that do not deserve it. And it is the loyalty of people to infamous leaders such as Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin and Mao that drives huge armies to do terrible terrible things. So I have to remind myself to be careful where I place my loyalty. When we put our loyalty in the likes of Stalin we become part of one entity (in this case a group of people) which behaves like a beast.

I guess loyalty is part of that cohesive force that Thao talked about which binds a society or group of people together, along with loving kindness, and trust.
From TP page 111:
‘What is the house which shelters you made of, Michel?’
‘Of bricks... of wood, tiles, plaster, nails...’
‘Indeed, and what are all these materials made of?’
‘Atoms, of course.’
‘Perfect. Now these atoms, as you know, have to connect very closely in order to form a brick or any other building material. What would happen if these atoms repelled each other instead of combining as they do?’
‘Disintegration.’
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence.
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Vesko

Gotovina was captured on the Tenerife island last Thursday, December 8, 2005.