God told me to invade Iraq, Bush tells Palestinian ministers

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Would God tell a leader like Bush to start a war?

Yes
No votes
No
91%
Don`t know
9%

Total votes: 11

Robanan

Bastian wrote:Robanan, correct me if I am wrong but you too have experienced some form of telepathic voice speak to you, one which could easily mistaken as having come from God?
Yes Bastian, I still remember that day. It has passed many years and I'm still not sure about the source of that voice.

The factors that makes me think the voice was generated out of my own thoughts and expectations, are:

-The similarity of the voice which actually stopped me from committing suicide, with the voice I use, to think verbally in my mind, which is very similar to the voice I hear from myself when I'm talking with another person normally. In other words either I talked with myself or Somebody else talked with me (telepatically) using my own voice.

-Not being sure if I really had the guts to commit suicide.

-Experiencing a very excited state of love which further didn't give me a good reason to commit sucide.

You see that these reasons may apply also if to consider my Higher-self having been speaking to me telepathically, so I can't say what really happened.

Such telepathic connections can potentially be mistaken as having come from God, by people with either fanatic or thight religious tendencies.
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Bastian

concepts of God

Robanan wrote:Such telepathic connections can potentially be mistaken as having come from God, by people with either fanatic or thight religious tendencies.
Yes it is so easy for us to confuse many things as having come from God:
* Angels are often confused with God
* I remember watching a documentary called "Chariots of the Gods", in which people in PNG started to worship people who had ome down out of the sky in planes. They thought they were gods! (AKA: "cargo cults").

I have heard stories that the apostle St. Thomas fled to India, was killed by Hindu priests (Brahmin), a legend grew about his life and eventually a statue of him was placed on their temple walls. In their eyes Thomas had become one of the many gods. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_(Ap ... _and_India

Many Christians believe they can talk to God any time they wish, and so they chat away with themselves and certainly their own thoughts are typically mis-interpreted as replies from God - this of course leads to all kinds of mayhem and cooky ideas as they end up being led by their own inclinations and imagination.
Last edited by Bastian on Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching
Frozn

Many Christians believe they can talk to God any time they wish, and so they chat away with themselves and certainly their own thoughts are typically mis-interpreted as replies from God - this of course leads to all kinds of mayhem and cooky ideas as they end up being led by their own inclinations and imagination.
Couldn't agree more Bastian. It is in this very process that the love (or fear) of god manifests itself to the fanatic in suggestive thoughts that someone truly confused and ignorant could take to be the words of God itself. Usually it is the person's own thoughts and self absorbsion that is the cause here. Neurotic behavior, but understandable.

Still, we have the clergy in many different religions shaping the same process into their own ambitions to the masses, so that this spiritual disinformation spreads through people who have submissed their free will and some of their potential. A priest respected in his field could say practically anything he likes and put a God sticker on it. How many will believe him?

Back on topic though: We have a president in a position as head of the most powerful (materially) country on Earth, and one of the above religious dilusions of god certainly appies to him. Make up your own mind.
Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. - Gospel of Thomas
Bastian

what is God?

The concept of what "God" means seems very different when comparing different regions. In India or East Asia an angel would surely be worthy of being called a God, as it is seems is the case with Buddha and St. Thomas(?). Whereas in the Middle East the title of God would be reserved for only the one.
"All things derive their life from it [Tao] All things return to it, and it contains them." -- Tao Teh Ching