Recommended Books

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

bomohwkl

Recommended Books

BIOMIMICRY: INNOVATION INSPIRED BY NATURE

"Nature runs on sunlight.
Nature uses only the energy it needs.
Nature fits form to function.
Nature recycles everything.
Nature rewards cooperation.
Nature banks on diversity.
Nature demands local expertise.
Nature curbs excesses from within.
Nature taps the power of limits
Alisima

Any of the 8 books by Wei Wu Wei.
Don't read my signature.
Aisin

I recommend 'The Freedom of Innocence' by Lara A. Shah.

Marketing talk... If you like Tom's TFOC, then you should read this book, it's a wonderful complement to it; if you didn't like TFOC, you should also read this book, presenting ideas as significant but in a more sentimental story-telling travelogue style that might be more to your liking. :P

On a more serious note, I enjoyed this book tremendously. It contains ideas from the author's personal enlightenment, the scope of which is about as much as we can think of, but condensed into 126 pages. And while we speak of 'enlightenment', it's actually just our 'innocence', what we've known all along even as kids, but have given up while we grow up to embrace what we think are beneficial in the cynical materialistic capitalistic world. The style of writing is sprinkled with touches of personal emotions; and the theory is revealed as a story in a progressive yet systematic manner.

I can't help but started to compare it with TFOC, because the truth contained in each book coincide in bits and pieces everywhere, and I'm quite confident that the two authors' paths are unlikely to have crossed one another. If Tom's book is the Yang, then this book is the Yin.

The only shortcoming of this book is that some of the names given to the laws don't immediately click, but they eventually make sense after elaboration.

For a preview of this book, please visit: http://www.lawsofhealing.com/books.htm or http://www.aquarianagepublishing.com/. It's a worthy purchase.
dloheb

Aisin wrote: On a more serious note, I enjoyed this book tremendously. It contains ideas from the author's personal enlightenment, the scope of which is about as much as we can think of, but condensed into 126 pages. And while we speak of 'enlightenment', it's actually just our 'innocence', what we've known all along even as kids, but have given up while we grow up to embrace what we think are beneficial in the cynical materialistic capitalistic world.
That point is very interesting to me. For instance, in the Bible it says you should become like children; here's a funny and accurate quote on the modern day Christian with regards to innocence:

"The New Testament for all these people has been written in vain; they will still
believe that a good Christian is one who drinks a cup of cocoa at 9:30 and is in bed by ten
sharp. And to such persons, of course, the texts which assert the necessity of becoming like little children if we would enter the Kingdom of Heaven are clear enough; it is merely a
matter of early hours and plenty of cocoa - or, perhaps, of warm bread and milk."

(the quote is Arthur Machen's and it was used in Serpents of Wisdom, where I saw it)

I also read somewhere that everything in the universe is innocent by nature; the thought is very real to me when I reflect on it.

I will read it, although I typically don't go out of my way to read different things, as doing so serves to confuse me initially - I should definatly not limit myself in this way. Thanks for the link.
Labinola

I recommend reading any of Lobsang Rampa's books. You can read/download them all for free here:

http://www.tlrampa.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk ... terial.htm

He wrote about interesting things like karma, astral traveling, telepathy, UFOs/ETs, reincarnation, aura, drugs, death, meditation, religion, etc.
ronald

Re: Recommended Books

GUIDANCE FROM SILVER BIRCH
Edited by Anne Dooley
ronald

BlueHaze

I've particularly liked Carlos Castanedas books this far (read about half of them now). Mainly because I can relate to some of the teachings through my own first hand experience. Also the story of educated man re-learning wonders of the world is very compelling. There are things I do not necessarily agree, but that is only reasonable since it is just one interpretation of reality after all. Anyway all in all the books have been very helpful, and the most valuable thing for me has been dealing with my fears and thus unlocking certain stages in dreaming for example, which I think has been the biggest obstacle for me in learning this far..

The first two books mainly deal with the psychotropic plant experiences and thus might be a bit misleading, later in the book it has been explained that those practices are not necessary, but only serve as temporary aid to assist learning. I still recommend reading them all though in case one is interested, to get a better grip of the backgrounds.. The books can be found for free on scribd.com for example..
Rasmus

The Lost continent of Mu
by James Churchward

This is no sci fi ***. It's a pure professional archaeological work.

I would also recommend Robert Monroe books. Journeys out of the body, Far Journeys and Ultimate Journey.

http://www.robertpeterson.org/obebook.html Was the first book that introduced me into OBE's. It has been posted at this forum before. Contained lots of information about astral projection thaught in a simple way.

Though I have not read much of his stuff, Deepak Chopra. Found some articles of his that really blew my mind.

I guess this is authors most of you are familiar with, but every name should be gathered in this thread.
http://www.scribd.com is awesome to find unusual books like these.
Rezo

Im interested in the peterson book. Ill check it out.