Empathy or Telepathy?

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

YogiTranscend

well done frozn

Well said, frozn, well said! Great quote & reply topic identification, well written & most importantly great overall topics of discussion on your last post....really really makes one think.

Namaste :wink:
"The moon is one, yet on agitated water it produces many reflections. Similiarly ultimate reality is one, yet in a mind agitated by thought it appears to be many."
Frozn

Thank you for your kind words. This isn't the place to sing anyone's praises however, this is a place to share insight and information. Let us do only that on this forum as anything else would simply get in the way. If you just wish to compliment me or anyone else, private messages would be the best place for that.
Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. - Gospel of Thomas
YogiTranscend

A "ok" & a "view"...

Frozn wrote:Thank you for your kind words. This isn't the place to sing anyone's praises however, this is a place to share insight and information. Let us do only that on this forum as anything else would simply get in the way. If you just wish to compliment me or anyone else, private messages would be the best place for that.
My Apologie...every forum is different on how they take kind agreement.

My thoughts on "Individuality" verses "All as One":

I must say that the Distinction of universal connectivity while maintainingh an Individuality is crucial. Yes we are all connected as is every person, place or thing in the entire universe. Though We are all Individuals, serving as pieces of the same whole, apart of this great web.
Thao states in "Thiaoouba Prophecy", while talking to Michel, that the whole universe is one gigantic Atom. Thus confirming that we are indeed apart of the same whole but knowone can Deny our Individuality either. ...so lets not get these two things confused with one another for they are different facts.

*I know you guys have come to agreement on this point but one more perception of the same agreement wont hurt, will it? :)

Namaste
"The moon is one, yet on agitated water it produces many reflections. Similiarly ultimate reality is one, yet in a mind agitated by thought it appears to be many."
Alisima

YogiTranscend wrote:My thoughts on "Individuality" verses "All as One":

I must say that the Distinction of universal connectivity while maintainingh an Individuality is crucial. Yes we are all connected as is every person, place or thing in the entire universe. Though We are all Individuals, serving as pieces of the same whole, apart of this great web.
Thao states in "Thiaoouba Prophecy", while talking to Michel, that the whole universe is one gigantic Atom. Thus confirming that we are indeed apart of the same whole but knowone can Deny our Individuality either. ...so lets not get these two things confused with one another for they are different facts.
Although I have used, and perhapse will so in the future, the term 'All is one', it is only a concept and therefore NOT TRUE.

All isn't one since one implies two and thus still remains a duality. What I mean with 'all is one' is the indifference between two apparently seperate objects. That they are not different. One could also say, 'All is void', 'All is Tao' or just keep it simple and say 'All isn't.'
Don't read my signature.
YogiTranscend

Alisima wrote:Although I have used, and perhapse will so in the future, the term 'All is one', it is only a concept and therefore NOT TRUE.
I highly doubt that "All is one" is "Not True". Our universe is vastly big yes but scientifically/theoretically Everything is in fact connected to the same whole. We are individuals yes but we are also all apart of something much greater than just what we know & "see" around us.

Hmm Take "Quantum Physics" for instance: an object can be within more than one space at once, now if we wherent connected by "vibration" (or scientifically energy/atom masses) this Could NEVER happen.
Now how would our 9 bodies exists without our connectivity...even to ourselves for that matter? Makes you think, right?
Soo yes we are seperated by very small amount of space but even within those small amounts of space is more "vibrations" & within that vibration is more space & then vibration....thus repeats endlessly til they come to meet.

Our Spirit, Individuality, thought & bodies are some of the things that enable us to be Seperate from eachother in our web of connectivity. The energy web keeps us connected but yet we are seperate individuals...imagine that!

We can change the world one step at a time by our actions no matter how great or small because every thing we think, feel or do effects All that is within & around us.

We live within 1 gigantic "atom" mass so lets make the best of it by our actions being of pure Intention & good will.

Namaste!
Valotyo

i thought I'd post this here as I am uncertain within myself which is which :lol:

I have never been good with attributing labels to anything , to me things just are the way they are. And I have to say I do find a lot of what is written in this forum so far is very "technical" for want of a better word. :oops: It's kind of reminding me of what I was like in science class in high school.... knowing exactly what the teacher was talking about but not understanding the language they used to describe it. :lol: it seemed to me the language of science was more complicated than the science itself :lol:
Anyway...
But for the sake of wanting to learn a better way of using language maybe, or simply what the difference is, in terms of the labels "empathy" and "telepathy", (as it makes converation and explaination a lot easier, not to mention shorter :lol: ) i wonder if somebody might be able to help shed some light for me in reagrds to a few of my own experiences...

I am able to feel emotions from people both in the physical vicintiy and across long distances. And like most people have described already, crowded places can become quite stressful and exhausting at times.

I can "tell" what a person is thinking or doing even if I can not see them. For eg: there have been times where I have "seen" in my mind a physical action a person has just done, such as raised there arms to scratch their head or whatever, which has been confirmed to me by the person I have "just seen" at that time.

There have also been times where I have "projected" myself across long distance to be in the vicintiy of someone i care about and "in my mind" hugged them or touched their hair or shoulders, which they have confirmed to me they physically felt at that time. (I should add, the person is not previously aware of my actions, as in... i had not in any way informed them that I was about to "mentally" hug them or whatever, the confirmation always came immediately after it happened)..... I've also been able to describe the room that person is sitting in, to which they also confirm what I'm "seeing", down to the wind blowing in through an open window and moving the curtains.

I have felt what I would call a "pull" when a friend has been mentally calling out to me to which I immediately make contact with them (either via telephone or internet) which is then confirmed, they had indeed been "calling out" to me.

Maybe it's just a particularly strong empathic connection I have to a certain friend, but I have at times also known what someone else is "doing" either in her physical vicinity or not. (as in for eg:.. can describe the general gist of a conversation she may be having with someone else on the internet at the same time that i am talking to her over the phone)

And there are also times where we can both "see" in our minds the same scenery and describe it acurately to eachother of what it looks like and what is happening as its happening.

The words I have put into quotes I have done so because they are the best words I can think of to describe what is happening, but feel it doesn't describe it quite accurately enough. But I can't find any other word that does :lol:

If anyone can help shed some light onto which is empathy and which is telepathy I would be grateful thank you... Like I said, I've never used labels to describe these kinds of things before, they just are what they are... does that make sense?

I have just recently read TP which I couldn't put down btw. I literally picked it up one morning and finshed it late that night :lol:
And I also found, now this might sound strange, but some of it i instinctively knew for some reason. :? I will definately be reading it again as some have said there is more details you pick up the more you read it. But I was just curious as to whether or not there are others who felt the same way when you read it? Did you feel like you already "knew" some of what was being written?
There are no limits on love or acheivement....
trumpet_is_cool

Valotyo wrote: And I also found, now this might sound strange, but some of it i instinctively knew for some reason. :? I will definately be reading it again as some have said there is more details you pick up the more you read it. But I was just curious as to whether or not there are others who felt the same way when you read it? Did you feel like you already "knew" some of what was being written?
A bit off-topic but...
Yes...I had the same feel...It was like ":idea: Yeah....That is it !"...I also realised for example a lot of chakra activity that i got on certain passages of the book.
Frozn

Welcome to the forum Valotyo!!! :D Your first post tells me that you have an astute mind and are seeking the truth from life. You couldn't be more at home here. In good time I hope to discuss and exchange many ideas with you and the others here, so again, welcome!

I know exactly what you mean by having a pre-understanding of some things in the book. Its as if the secrets were hidden within you all along, and reading it awakened the sleeping truths and it clicked. An absolutely wonderful feeling I might add. Another reason why while reading it that I took it so seriously. I always try to research and confirm what is written, as well as scrutinize it as much is necissary to not hold a bias.

Back on topic though.
Valotyo wrote:But for the sake of wanting to learn a better way of using language maybe, or simply what the difference is, in terms of the labels "empathy" and "telepathy", (as it makes converation and explaination a lot easier, not to mention shorter...
That is a difficult barrier indeed. We here may sound like we're speaking technically on telepathy and empathy, but in truth the only way to explain things which there are no (correct) words for is to use the lingual 'best-fits'.

The words telepathy and empathy are seperate, yet they are marginally accurate words for two different sides of the same coin. The two are one process, yet they are seperable in definition for this reason. With Empathy (Which is what you have described, but I'll comment on that later), the receptive and open mind can feel the mental states and feelings of others to varying degrees. Telepathy is the same thing, but the perception is intellectual, and having to do with that concentrated language in which we think. In all, the only difference is the 'data' that is exchanged through that 'medium'. As you can see, I also struggle to find words to describe it.
Valotyo wrote:I am able to feel emotions from people both in the physical vicintiy and across long distances. And like most people have described already, crowded places can become quite stressful and exhausting at times.

I can "tell" what a person is thinking or doing even if I can not see them. For eg: there have been times where I have "seen" in my mind a physical action a person has just done, such as raised there arms to scratch their head or whatever, which has been confirmed to me by the person I have "just seen" at that time.
Based on your account, you truly have a special gift in this area.

A bit of advice, although I have already said it before: Stress from crowded environments occurs because of the combined stresses of the people who compose the crowd, as I'm sure you are aware. It is safe to say there are far more unhappy people than happy ones in this world, to generalize it. People who are full of bitterness curse themselves and everyone else without realizing it, their minds act as a broadcast tower of negativity and the sensation that follows it feels very much like that of a curse. As I have learned a long time ago, bless every curse. Love dissolves bitterness, and you can broadcast that as well. That is what I meant when I said earlier in this topic to envision yourself carrying a candle through the darkness. Not literally, but symbolically, through love, light and acceptance. Practice this and I can guarantee you that crowd situation will rarely bother you ever again.

As regards your ability to see over distances, that is definately astral projection. I wish I had experience in this area and it is what I'm working on right now. Unfortunately, that means I can not tell you much more than the basics which I havent personally verified. You should be helping me along with that :lol: Bits and pieces of actual experience here and there are all that I've had and therefore no help.
Valotyo wrote:I have felt what I would call a "pull" when a friend has been mentally calling out to me to which I immediately make contact with them (either via telephone or internet) which is then confirmed, they had indeed been "calling out" to me.

Maybe it's just a particularly strong empathic connection I have to a certain friend, but I have at times also known what someone else is "doing" either in her physical vicinity or not. (as in for eg:.. can describe the general gist of a conversation she may be having with someone else on the internet at the same time that i am talking to her over the phone)
The first post on this topic, my post, describes exactly the same thing. A good friend of mine, whom I dare say is the only one I've met that is exactly on my intellectual wavelength, is able to think TO me, and i said that I felt a sort of 'thump' which you called a 'pull', I know prescisely that feeling. I would have a complete thought in an instant which would have taken 10-20 seconds to say in any language. I would feel that sensation and turn my head to look over at him and hed be looking over with an enigmatic look across his face. Typically it was something humorous that we exchanged and thus it usually ended in a simultaneous belly laugh. Likewise, I would think things to him as well. Finding someone close enough to your mental wavelength is a great oppurtunity to learn. My advice there is, milk it for what it is worth. Learn everything you can and practice as much as you can with your friend.

If you have any other empathy or telepathy questions, I'll be glad to help out.
Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed. - Gospel of Thomas
Rezo

magnetite, soul retrieval, my 2 cents

Hey all --

What about magnetite supplements? Ive no doubt heard of binaural/trinaural beats like holosync, I have heard these are unhealthy for astral/physical separation. But now I'm attracted a little, to be honest, to this magnetite supplement buzz...so whats the word on it? I'm guessing it is some sort of a probiotic [bacteria that produces the magnetite secretion] for the brain --- I read online a little about it.

I feel disconnected or blocked, telepathically, when it comes to attraction and friends. It wasn't always like this for me. Still I can connect intellectually, in the way mentioned above, for sure....however what concerns me is this, is in the realm of initiation and maintaining of attraction [not just romantic kind]. I get a gut feeling that the lack of meaningful relationships in my life, may have something to do my inability to understand and apply 'appropriate spontaneity.' [a small part of me thinks it really just is terrible luck].. Can magnetite help this?? Maybe soul retrieval, heard about that as well. Is the latter effective, or only for certain situations?

-Rez
Alisima

All these tricks and supplements don't work as well as plain meditation.
Don't read my signature.
Frozn

Alisima wrote:All these tricks and supplements don't work as well as plain meditation.
Very true, or worse yet, they could do harm to your natural abilities. A talent is earned in practice, and that does take concentration training and general experience. Suppliments to enhance any spiritual aspect of the body's natural function should be avoided. Rezo, please realize that there are so many offers out there for solutions to things that are better solved by practicing and figuring it out by your own will to learn. None of them have impressed me. I doubt any ever will.

I've had a few telepathic sessions with the friend I mentioned in the beginning of this topic as hes back in town now. It seems to be getting stronger to the point I was shocked that I knew these things. He promised not to tell anyone about a private encounter with a lady friend, and he still hasn't.:twisted: :lol: Well, it was worth a laugh. Which brings me to my next point on telepathic thought.

Has anyone else ever noticed what kind of mood they were in when they had such an experience? By observation, it seems that when you are in a good mood, having a good time and some laughs, you are much more likely to be receptive. Any thoughts on this?

In the book, when they talk about Mu and other spiritually evolved cultures, they said they evolved to a high mental and psychic level. Perhaps it is the open-minded outlook that is the key to all of this. A certain process acting as a trigger (If ever dormant), perhaps a good mood, and maybe also certain states that interrupt the ability to hear/feel outside influence.

Back to Mu, This culture was very advanced, and the people lived in comfort and happiness. The people were well schooled and highly intelligent. If my previous theory is true, then this would mean that fairly high intelligence and mental comfort is necissary to use telepathy (or empathy) in a controlled repeatable kind of way. Mental comfort can be HELPED by a good meditative process, but it's also important to have balance and strength in your own mind when awake.

I want to try and go through the prequisites and basics as an article for people who read through here for answers on the subject. So if I'm missing something big here please add anything at all.