"Thiaoouba Prophecy" on Wikipedia

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Shall the wikipedia entry be 'Thiaoouba' the planet or 'Thiaoouba Prophecy' the book? [Pls check wiki's guidelines for notability before voting]

Poll ended at Thu May 31, 2007 7:32 am

Thiaoouba the planet
20%
Thiaoouba Prophecy the book
70%
Both (this would require extra effort to prevent the 2 entries from duplicating one another)
10%

Total votes: 10

ronald

I feel that the word "alien" should be avoided, and think it creates an unnecessary distance between people from different planets.

The word "mentor" is used in the book so it seems most natural to go with.

We should also be clear on the word "master" since it is mentioned toward the seven masters. A mentor (Thao) may report to a master. Their roles are different.

What about this:
Michel's mentor Thao explains that the first people on our planet came from a planet called Bakaratini 1 350 000 years ago. They were a black and yellow race.
Rezo

just to distinguish between black and yellow by saying [coexisting] races [not race], is important - the concept of aliens brings to mind ideas of unusual looks, i.e. black/yellow swirls or something, like bees look, or something else in nature both black and yellow colored ... imagination wanders esp w/imagining what people on other planets look like; and saying 'races' vs. 'race', since there are two, would eliminate this potential imagery]. Even though it might be obvious by saying races from earth came from elsewhere as a segway, it would help readers who like to skip around. Sometimes people love to open up a book [or a webpage] to the middle and just look quickly, so maybe this isnt needed but cant hurt to add the 's' at the end.
Robanan

In order to appeal to the "Testable which is not yet tested" I thought we should omit the word Bakaratini on the wiki page, but to tell the truth, I want to know why the name bakaratini was mentioned in the book, it clearly looks like a hint toward something, and it surely doesn't hint toward finding a dead planet in space, it must be something else... so I googled bakaratini, and found this article about TP in an independent journal.

http://www.mnmufon.org/mmj/mmj84.pdf

It doesn't explain the origins of the word bakaratini, but this can very well help us increase the notability of the wiki article.
Robanan

Rezo wrote:just to distinguish between black and yellow by saying [coexisting] races [not race], is important - the concept of aliens brings to mind ideas of unusual looks, i.e. black/yellow swirls or something, like bees look, or something else in nature both black and yellow colored ... imagination wanders esp w/imagining what people on other planets look like; and saying 'races' vs. 'race', since there are two, would eliminate this potential imagery]. Even though it might be obvious by saying races from earth came from elsewhere as a segway, it would help readers who like to skip around. Sometimes people love to open up a book [or a webpage] to the middle and just look quickly, so maybe this isnt needed but cant hurt to add the 's' at the end.
True,

So to include both your and ronald's ideas, I came up with the following:

According to Thao -The extraterrestrial mentor of the author(!or Michel)- none of the races that today exist on earth were Originally native to this planet, and that the first two races to land on earth precisely 1 350 000 years ago were the black and the yellow races.

Or with mentioning the word Bakaratini:
According to Thao -The extraterrestrial mentor of the author(!or Michel)- none of the races that today exist on earth were originally native to this planet, and that the first two races to land on earth precisely 1 350 000 years ago, were the black and the yellow races (which/who?) came from the planet Bakaratini.
Rezo

funny that review says the ship from hebra 'crash' landed. it didnt crash...it exploded during repairs made since the ship was forced to land....no mention of the white race either in this review [the pdf] - anyway;

i like the changes you made - however i think earlier, somebody wanted the constellation to be mentioned [centaur]. Another side note: It is interesting how a constellation/location is given in the book for Bakaratini, but not for the other planets [side topic?]...wonder why. Or maybe theres no special reason.

Im not sure about what level of detail is needed with things like planet names myself, I think its fine to leave the name in. Just my opinion though.
ptex

Dear friends,

Thank you for your contributions, which are all of incredible value.

For us to collaborate in this task of editing the Wikipedia entry regarding Thiaoouba Prophecy I have setup a separate resource (mediwiki - the wiki engine used by wikipedia) for us to use in order to proceed in the required direction in producing a clear, coherent, concise, plausible and attractive content regarding TP in Wikipedia that will make the collaboration process a lot easier.

I invite everyone to join us in this effort.

Everyone interested can either post your interest here in this thread or send me a Private Message and I will respond via PM with the appropriate information regarding the resource available and how to access it.

Given the strategic nature of this mini-project, I feel it's time we bring this to conclusion and thus I ask all interested ones to dedicate a small effort for 1-2 weeks only (the time I estimate we can conclude it - but can be even less - depending on your availability) so we can achieve satisfactory results.

Please understand that this is my suggestion, if you don't agree in accessing a separate resource for any reasons, you can still post all your comments here without any problem. My suggestion is only to:
1) allow easy collaboration between all members
2) allow fast transposition of the text to Wikipedia itself

I almost forgot: everyone who participated in the discussion so far is already automatically invited :)

Thanks! All your comments are most welcome
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Robanan

Re: "Thiaoouba Prophecy" on Wikipedia

The neutrality of the article is disputed and someone removed a big chunk of the article claiming that it didn't have anything to do with the article itself. I believe raising the notability problem again.

This is part of the discussion going on:
NPOV problem

This article presents, entirely credulously, a series of obscure fringe claims. Considerable work is needed to rewrite it, and present the claims context. It may be simpler, and more appropriate, to edit the text down to a couple of paragraphs outlining the claims made - the current degree of coverage seems out of proportion to the book's significance. LeContexte (talk) 19:05, 22 June 2008 (UTC)

The article is about a book, it truthfully represents the context of the book quite well. Please read the book and tell us if the article is misrepresenting it. Regardless of the moral or rather spiritual message of the book, it's a fairly objective alien abduction report and it contains a lot of information about the "Abduction phenomenon" in it's entirety. [1] Reader discretion is advised. 77.122.211.74 (talk) 21:03, 25 October 2008 (UTC)

I don't doubt that it fairly represents the book; but that's not what wikipedia should do - the article should present a neutral assessment of the book. LeContexte (talk) 14:29, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
Wikipedia:Neutral point of view
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.