"Thiaoouba Prophecy" on Wikipedia

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Shall the wikipedia entry be 'Thiaoouba' the planet or 'Thiaoouba Prophecy' the book? [Pls check wiki's guidelines for notability before voting]

Poll ended at Thu May 31, 2007 7:32 am

Thiaoouba the planet
20%
Thiaoouba Prophecy the book
70%
Both (this would require extra effort to prevent the 2 entries from duplicating one another)
10%

Total votes: 10

Robanan

Dear bomohwkl,

It seems to me that you left our forum because of my entries adressed to your work presented under this topic. I have never meant to offend you in any way. Please forgive me if you think I was unjust and incorrect in my deductions. I hope you will read this message one day and think about coming back to be with us again. It might be possible that it's just a little bit difficult for the two of us to understand eachother, I whish we could work on it, so that our relationship would grow more trust and care through patience and understanding of the natural limits such ways of communication have when it comes to discussing serious subjects such as this.

I whish you good spirit in all your future endeavours,
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Vesko

The article is now also available at http://experts.about.com/e/t/th/Thiaoouba_Prophecy.htm.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
tom

http://www.wikipedia.org/Thiaoouba

Dear all

There is someone who claims to be an editor trying to erase the Thiaoouba page
on wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiaoouba). Please help to keep the page...

"May The Spirit enlighten you"

Tom
ronald

I have a few suggestions.

- Consider to take the article off line temporarily to discuss an updated version first. I think in that way confusion can be avoided for new readers, still unfamiliar with the book.

- Rewrite the article as a general education topic. (avoid book review writing styles)

- The article page is called Thiaoouba, so I suggest to keep the article's title the same.
(not; Thiaoouba Prophecy.)

- What about writing the article about Thiaoouba as a planet (short, simple and only about what we know from it via the book), avoiding the book in a direct sense, but including the source of the article, thus the book as a SOURCE reference so we cannot have a dispute about not including sources anymore. The "notability" then, can reference to the source, the book; Thiaoouba Prophecy, without being considered advertisement, since we can say at least that the book is notable.

- Also, we have the option to add several references of our article to other articles in wiki such as; meaning of life, etc. and vice versa.
bomohwkl

A topic is presumed to be notable if it has received significant coverage in reliable secondary sources that are independent of the subject.

"Coverage" means that sources address the subject directly and no original research is needed to extract the content.2 It does not require that a topic be the sole focus of a source, but does require that the source speaks on the subject in detail, rather than a mention in passing or name drop.
"Significant" means that the coverage goes into detail on the subject. Significant is more than trivial but less than important or famous.
"Sources" should be intellectually independent of the subject. Multiple sources are strongly preferred, but not necessarily required. Intellectually independent sources are based on independent research (e.g., not items sourced to wire services based on common research). The number needed varies depending on the depth of coverage and quality of the sources.3
"Reliable" means sources need editorial integrity to allow verifiable evaluation of notability, per the reliable source guideline. The type of source material that can be used encompasses published works in all forms and media. While secondary sources do not, in and of themselves, convey notability, they are considered a good test for and reflection of notability.4
"Independent" excludes works produced by those affiliated with the subject including: self-publicity, advertising, self-published material by the subject, autobiographies, press releases, etc.5
It is the notability of the article which is concerned. The article is not written in a scholarly manner. I have expressed that concern long time ago. Lack of support from the forum, I opted out from assiting on writing it.
Robanan

ronald wrote:I have a few suggestions.

- Consider to take the article off line temporarily to discuss an updated version first. I think in that way confusion can be avoided for new readers, still unfamiliar with the book.

- Rewrite the article as a general education topic. (avoid book review writing styles)

- The article page is called Thiaoouba, so I suggest to keep the article's title the same.
(not; Thiaoouba Prophecy.)

- What about writing the article about Thiaoouba as a planet (short, simple and only about what we know from it via the book), avoiding the book in a direct sense, but including the source of the article, thus the book as a SOURCE reference so we cannot have a dispute about not including sources anymore. The "notability" then, can reference to the source, the book; Thiaoouba Prophecy, without being considered advertisement, since we can say at least that the book is notable.

- Also, we have the option to add several references of our article to other articles in wiki such as; meaning of life, etc. and vice versa.
Good idea but no need to rewrite the whole article and change the context of that wiki entry about the book. We should just follow the guidelines mentioned at Wikipedia:Notability (books) and it should be fine.

I worry more about the following editor comment:
This article or section is written like an advertisement.
Please help rewrite this article from a neutral point of view per Wikipedia policy.
Mark blatant advertising for speedy deletion with {{db-spam}}. (help, talk)
do you think if to follow the above guideline our article will become more "neutral" too?
Aisin

tom, ronald, bomohwkl & robanan, thank you all for your ideas.

May I just clarify that the Thiaoouba entry in Wikipedia and this forum are two independent entities, although some individuals have been posting actively here, and contributed significantly to the Wiki entry.

That said, personally I think it's great to see so many of you interested and willing to contribute to the wiki entry. I hope something great will come out of this collaboration. This effort is for all fellow TP readers, and future TP readers.

Summarizing the ideas from the 3 posts above, this is the action plan I suggest:
1) decide whether the entry should be on 'Thiaoouba' the planet, or 'Thiaoouba Prophecy' the book.
2) strategize on improving 'notability' of the entry, according to the decision in (1), by maintaining a 'neutral point of view' and avoiding 'advertising' tone of writing.
3) drafting, writing, revising & auditing.

With these done, at least we would be able to remove 2 of the tags 'notability' & 'advertisement', whereas I haven't figured out whether the 'references / sources' tag is fair or not. The paragraph before 'summary' section indeed sounds like marketing material for the book.

I do think rewriting from scratch might be more time-efficient than editing the existing entry, of course by re-using materials from the existing entry. There's simply too much to change to meet the criteria, in order to remove the tags & avoid deletion.

I've added a poll for (1).
ptex

Aisin,

Regarding your poll there's something: I voted on the third option and I don't think t here would be any duplication of contents for one reason that already happens with Thiaoouba Prophecy: you can redirect contents.

In Wikipedia, currently the search results of "Thiaoouba" and "Golden Planet" all point to "Thiaoouba Prophecy". We can do the same with the new topics but in my opinion it's paramount to keep the already existing one.

I believe we should collaborate in the writing of the article. For this I propose that everyone who volunteers to do this to say so. The next step would be to create a Google Documents for us to discuss and collaborate in this project and then, the final step, would be to transpose the result to wikipedia itself.

This approach will avoid the hassle of having to install and maintain wiki software in the forum (which would certainly decrease the current security we're having here).

If you decide to go along with my siggestion, we only need to know who will be cooperating in this process. The following step includes this person being contacted through PM with further details.

What do you think? We can get the ball rolling immediately.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Aisin

Ptex, point taken. I said so because to be more helpful to the reader, the 'Thiaoouba' entry should at least explain briefly where the word originates from, and what it means, and the link to TP the book should be just 1 of the references or resources under this entry. Just a link without any text, like now, is somehow incomplete.
Robanan

So let's start this project, count me in.
ptex

Aisin wrote:Just a link without any text, like now, is somehow incomplete.
I understand your point :)

There's is something else regarding being only a link: it's actually a redirection (no link is visualized and there's no in between step), which means that the user is taken directly to the destination after the search... if we put a text on the redirection page, the redirection doesn't happen and this way we may have to duplicate part or all of the definition we want to give.

Personally I think that redirection simplifies the management of the definition but if we want to give a specific meaning to the original search phrase it means we'll possibly have to duplicate part of the content of the main definition.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
ptex

After visiting the Wikipedia page on Thiaoouba Prophecy I found at least one immediate inconsistency:
Origin of men on Earth

According to Thao, the alien master from Thiaoouba, first men on Earth came from the planet Bakaratini of the constellation Centaur precisely 1 350 000 years ago.
Although we'll add all the necessary scientific references and quotes needed to increase the notability of the topic, we ultimately have to be faithful to the contents of Thiaoouba Prophecy and in this example there's no mentioning there that Bakaratini is in the Centaur constellation. This is just another example why we need to revise the text urgently.

Remember, the easier way to discredit something is by introducing inconsistencies and non-sense things that only adds to the confusion.

By bringing this project to completion, we also need to be coherent, meaning that if we have an entry named "Bakaratini" we'll have to write the its corresponding definition.

As it is, Bakaratini points to a definition that still needs to be written.
~William Wordsworth
ronald

alien master?
Rezo

wow -- I see the relevance now.

I agree.

Just viewed the page, and it now mentions Centaur constellation. Still says 'alien master' though.

One other thing I did notice, is that reincarnation as a concept has taken quite the back seat. In other words, its not in the main intro-body that explains the book. Important.
Robanan

ptex wrote:After visiting the Wikipedia page on Thiaoouba Prophecy I found at least one immediate inconsistency:
Origin of men on Earth

According to Thao, the alien master from Thiaoouba, first men on Earth came from the planet Bakaratini of the constellation Centaur precisely 1 350 000 years ago.
We could write that:

According to Thao the Alien tutor(/guide/mentor/host) of Michel, none of the races that today exist on earth were Originally native to this planet, and that the first two races to land on earth precisely 1 350 000 years ago were the black and the yellow race.