"Thiaoouba Prophecy" on Wikipedia

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Shall the wikipedia entry be 'Thiaoouba' the planet or 'Thiaoouba Prophecy' the book? [Pls check wiki's guidelines for notability before voting]

Poll ended at Thu May 31, 2007 7:32 am

Thiaoouba the planet
20%
Thiaoouba Prophecy the book
70%
Both (this would require extra effort to prevent the 2 entries from duplicating one another)
10%

Total votes: 10

bomohwkl

"Thiaoouba Prophecy" on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thiaoouba_Prophecy

wondering who wrote the article.....
Vesko

You can see precisely who wrote what through the history of the page that stores all revisions, compare revisions, etc., having in mind that:

140.104.x.x is GreatIntellect (the member on our forum; as you can see, he started the article).
212.72.x.x is me (as is "Vesko").
Yohans is a someone on the forum who will have to choose whether they would like to be known who they are.
202.154.x.x is Yohans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?*** ... on=history

The article can also be accessed through http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abduction_ ... 9th_Planet and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abduction_ ... nth_Planet.

Finally, http://www.answers.com/topic/thiaoouba-prophecy contains an older version of the article that they haven't updated for several months, which is a shame, and it cannot be updated by us. That article is also linked from http://www.answers.com/topic/abduction- ... 9th-planet and http://www.answers.com/topic/abduction- ... nth-planet, in effect mirroring the links on Wikipedia.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Robanan

I've just been reading the entry on wikipedia it's clear and fully understandable there is also a link to our forum, PERFECT! :D
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Vesko

I am glad that you find it so. I ought to say that Yohans and I had intended to announce it here after one more edit or so (hasn't happened yet), so we do think there are still some little edges at least, and didn't intend to keep the article secret, but, overall, I just came to, well, agree with you after I read it again today ;) ;), not having read it in the months since August. Needless to say, anyone can contribute. You will want to register a user account with Wikipedia first, if you don't have one already. Make sure you are logged in that account before editing the article, because otherwise only an IP address (a number separated with dots like above) would appear to be the author of your revision. An IP address instead of a name, of course, is not desirable for a number of reasons, unless you desire (some) anonymity. There's a discussion page for the article, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Thiaoouba_Prophecy where changes can be discussed.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
bomohwkl

I think I will edit the article to make it flows smoothly.
Vesko

Go ahead, Bomo.

I've rewritten the 3rd paragraph, especially the 1st half of it, because it could definitely be more detailed and more explanatory to people who are new to the matter. It is an important paragraph, since much of the book's main message lies in that:
The book informs and warns of the dangers that Earth's society holds, asserting that materialism and preoccupation with money is Earth's biggest downfall because it is extremely harmful to the cultivation of the mind; something that is so necessary for spiritual development and solving our big problems, both material and spiritual. The second terrible downfall is our predominant focus and obsession on technology and using technology as destructive weapons. We are told that our technology, while amounting to something, is nothing in comparison to what genuinely spiritually developed people have and are capable of, technologically and spiritually. Other threats include religion, violence, and the media. In addition, it points out that hallucinogenic drugs and loud noise are the two most extreme dangers to our spiritual wellbeing. In short, we are told that the spiritual (mental) evolution of the individual man and society as a whole has been terribly overlooked by us and even its basics have been far from comprehended, let alone undertaken seriously. This spiritual apathy results in terrible costs to society and individuals.
Here is the full 3rd paragraph (with a supposedly slightly improved 2nd part, which I've broken into 2 separate paragraphs):
The book informs and warns of the dangers that Earth's society holds, asserting that materialism is Earth's biggest downfall. Man has an eternal spirit (soul), housing and giving rise to the mind, that is capable of surviving the death of the physical body, Thiaooubans say, and it has the curious feature that it is unable to benefit directly from anything material. But the material can provide resources for the development of the mind, and thus accelerate its progress, so the material in general and technology in particular ought to be used solely to assist the cultivation of the mind, and not entrap and enslave it, inevitably deteriorating man's health, well-being and happiness. Yet such tremendous enslavement is exactly what has been happening on our planet for the last several thousand years. People all over the world have "purely material concerns, with insufficient time allowed for matters of the spirit" [1]. They spend a considerable part of their precious time procuring excess material things, yet when they die, they are able to take none of them (and none of the non-excess ones, either) into the next life they will have to incarnate into on the basis of their life experience up to that moment. They take only their experience, but purged from any concrete association with material objects. If that experience leads to obtaining knowledge of the inner workings of the spirit and the mental underpinnings of reality, the person who possesses such knowledge is actually better off in comparison with someone else who lacks knowledge, or whose knowledge is limited to material objects.

Terrible consequences of the neglect of our inner nature are our preoccupations and downright obsessions with money and obtaining money at all costs; technology and using technology as destructive weapons, and many other major dangers. We are told that our technology, while amounting to something, is nothing in comparison with what spiritually developed people possess and are capable of. The other major dangers include religion, violence, and the media. The book prominently points out that hallucinogenic drugs and loud noise are the two most extreme dangers to our spiritual evolution. The book explicitly states that hallucinogenic drugs should be avoided at all costs.

To recap, the mental capabilities of man and society as a whole have been grossly overlooked by ourselves, and even its basics have been far from explored and comprehended, let alone undertaken seriously. That results in terrible costs to us and our natural environment, because we lack adequate means to solve or at least considerably mitigate our major problems, problems plaguing us for millenia and which many of us have come to accept as perfectly normal -- crime, corruption, injustice, sickness, unhappiness, and others.
Awaiting comments (haven't spellchecked / made a last read yet). (Later I'm going to delete this post and your comments that pertain specifically to it, just so that Google doesn't store old versions of text that may have been long since modified on Wikipedia).
Yothu

Honest opinion

I you want my honest opinion, I'd rather keep the article as it was when I read it a few days ago. There is just the perfect amount of information.

When I read it a few days ago, I thought that it might have been written by a professional, neutral editor. I'm serious. I was astonished how short and consise, yet provoking this article is.

Of course, if you think the modifications are necessary to anticipate main points of the book, go ahead. It won't do any harm. People who are genuinely interested will read the book most likely anyways.

With metta
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Robanan

Yothu wrote:When I read it a few days ago, I thought that it might have been written by a professional, neutral editor. I'm serious. I was astonished how short and consise, yet provoking this article is
Same here. It's an entry in an encyclopedia and it sounds encyclopedic :wink: It can be long. Vesko, bomohwkl my opinion is that you should add as much information as you deem necessary while keeping it all as simple and smooth as it is now. Michel's biography is anywhere to be found and added to the article?
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
bomohwkl

That's my version. First draft
Thiaoouba Prophecy written by Micheal Demesquest documents his nine days experience of abduction. During the nine days, he had travelled in a superliminal spaceship, witnessed the consequences of planet-wide atomic wars in Aremo X3, delved into akashic records, visited his past lives, learned the origin of Christ and taught by highly spiritual beings who referred themselves as Thiaooubans. Thiaoouba is a planet located in our galaxy who are only inhabited by people who at the near perfection of spiritual evolution. The book also claimed that yellow and black were the first human race on earth immigrated from a distant planet. The earth has witnessed two catastrophic events: the deep impact which almost annihilated the yellow and black races and the destruction of continent of Mu by massive underground volcano.

The main message of the book is about spirituality. According to the book, there are nine categories of planets. The earth is the lowest while Thiaoouba is the highest. Thiaooubans emphasized that human exists for the sole purpose of spiritual development. Our astral body is our true self which can only enrich spiritually. The current materialistic operation of Earth’s society is bringing spiritual, moral and ecological catastrophe. Technology should be use to assist spiritual development rather than to enslave people more and more within the material world. They also warned the detrimental effect of hallucinogenic drugs and loud noise on evolution of astral body. Thiaooubans have listed three ‘evils’ on earth, namely, in order of precedence, money, politicians, third journalists and drugs and fourth religion. Thiaooubans have suggested several ways of improvement of our current society.

According to the book, love and cultivation of mind seem to be emphasized as the solution of the problems on earth.Not only politicians and journalists have influential power, ordinary people possess enormous power via the power of inertia if united. Using the mean of non-violent, silence confrontation to acheive radical change of the forces of law. Thiaooubans pointed out the need of industrially manufactured “hydrogen motor” in order to reduce pollution. It is absurd as we are still allowed ourselves to be fooled by political and financial cartels. These selfish people expect themselves to be dead before any environmental disaster strikes. They warmed that we are making a big mistake as the destruction of entire planet is at risk with no second chance.

Other topics that are discussed in the book includes and not limited to the aura, telepathy, Easter Island, The Great Pyramid, exoplanet life-forms, antigravity, rejuvenation, health, well-being, sexuality, levitation, universal laws and etc. The book is definitely containing a very powerful undelying messaages whether Micheal Desmarquet has truly abducted. Michel Desmarquet is known to have written another book. "She and I", contains some elements from "Thiaoouba Prophecy" but it gears towards personal view of parenting and abortion issues.
Robanan

Dear bomohwkl,
I understand that this your first draft, my comments may sound universal but I want you to know that I'm really inside the current frame of your Draft. I also understand that you also might be anxious to know about the opinions of the forum members, so please forgive me if some of my comments do not meet your expectations.
So, with that said...let's start working on it :computer: :
bomohwkl wrote:Thiaoouba Prophecy written by Micheal Demesquest documents his nine days experience of abduction. During the nine days, he had travelled in a superliminal spaceship, witnessed the consequences of planet-wide atomic wars in Aremo X3, delved into akashic records, visited his past lives, learned the origin of Christ and taught by highly spiritual beings who referred themselves as Thiaooubans. Thiaoouba is a planet located in our galaxy who are only inhabited by people who at the near perfection of spiritual evolution. The book also claimed that yellow and black were the first human race on earth immigrated from a distant planet. The earth has witnessed two catastrophic events: the deep impact which almost annihilated the yellow and black races and the destruction of continent of Mu by massive underground volcano.
I don't agree with this paragraph at all. It biases the book and the first impression presented to the reader toward fantastic subjects which are far far from the message of the book. It can potentially turn to more "Thiaoouba Junk" for Skeptics who could use, just to smash the whole idea, logic and the cognitive structure/format of the book and everything related to it.

The main problem is that it contains too much information (all of which is not needed)that just overloads the curiosity cup of potential readers. One will have to overforce himself to even consider reading the book after this information shock.

The paragraph doesn't make a point.
bomohwkl wrote:The main message of the book is about spirituality. According to the book, there are nine categories of planets. The earth is the lowest while Thiaoouba is the highest. Thiaooubans emphasized that human exists for the sole purpose of spiritual development. Our astral body is our true self which can only enrich spiritually. The current materialistic operation of Earth’s society is bringing spiritual, moral and ecological catastrophe. Technology should be use to assist spiritual development rather than to enslave people more and more within the material world. They also warned the detrimental effect of hallucinogenic drugs and loud noise on evolution of astral body. Thiaooubans have listed three ‘evils’ on earth, namely, in order of precedence, money, politicians, third journalists and drugs and fourth religion. Thiaooubans have suggested several ways of improvement of our current society.
Again too much information, (which just make the main point fade out of the pragraph- spirituality). The connection between spirituality and the rest (panets with categories, astral body, Thiaooubians, Situation on Eart etc.) is unclear. Your formulation from subject to subject doesn't represent any type of cognitive order or harmony.

It creates the impression that people have to read the book and do as it says just because the :?: "Thiaooubians" :?: said so (this is something that can be redriven against the whole thing by those intrested in slamming the subject).

Pay attention "three 'evils' on earth...and fourth religion" a simple mistake it can be fixed easily but the formulation of the notion of the 'evils' is too stereotyped and doesn't give a clue about the depth of the subject so it doesn't look serious at all.
bomohwkl wrote:According to the book, love and cultivation of mind seem to be emphasized as the solution of the problems on earth.Not only politicians and journalists have influential power, ordinary people possess enormous power via the power of inertia if united. Using the mean of non-violent, silence confrontation to acheive radical change of the forces of law.
This at least sounds a lot better than the previous ones. better say, relatively better. becuase it depends highly on how are the previous and next paragraphs formulated and what the reader has understood (can be estimated approximately) up to this part of this pargraph.
continued from the previous paragraph wrote:Thiaooubans pointed out the need of industrially manufactured “hydrogen motor” in order to reduce pollution. It is absurd as we are still allowed ourselves to be fooled by political and financial cartels. These selfish people expect themselves to be dead before any environmental disaster strikes. They warmed that we are making a big mistake as the destruction of entire planet is at risk with no second chance.
We have to work on this one a lot :-k
bomohwkl wrote:Other topics that are discussed in the book includes and not limited to the aura, telepathy, Easter Island, The Great Pyramid, exoplanet life-forms, antigravity, rejuvenation, health, well-being, sexuality, levitation, universal laws and etc. The book is definitely containing a very powerful undelying messaages whether Micheal Desmarquet has truly abducted. Michel Desmarquet is known to have written another book. "She and I", contains some elements from "Thiaoouba Prophecy" but it gears towards personal view of parenting and abortion issues.
I don't understand: The book is definitely containing a very powerful undelying messaages whether Micheal Desmarquet has truly abducted

Good ending anyway, it will fit very well with all the links and stuff.
Robanan

From the revised form of the 3rd paragraph:
Vesko wrote:But the material can provide resources for the development of the mind, and thus accelerate its progress, so the material in general and technology in particular ought to be used solely to assist the cultivation of the mind, and not entrap and enslave it, inevitably deteriorating man's health, well-being and happiness.
In the middle of all the rest of the paragraph, it looks like preaching Thiaoouba truth.

The rest of the paragraph constitutes truth and facts and is very well formulated. :)
Vesko wrote:Terrible consequences of the neglect of our inner nature are our preoccupations and downright obsessions with money and obtaining money at all costs; technology and using technology as destructive weapons, and many other major dangers. We are told that our technology, while amounting to something, is nothing in comparison with what spiritually developed people possess and are capable of. The other major dangers include religion, violence, and the media. The book prominently points out that hallucinogenic drugs and loud noise are the two most extreme dangers to our spiritual evolution. The book explicitly states that hallucinogenic drugs should be avoided at all costs.
Not 'the media' but Journalists (and such) who are obsessed with material concerns (a little explanation why) such as: "according to the book The media has also turned into a danger -and is gaining pace everyday because- those who have the power of the media in their hands care just to make money bla bla bla sensationalism, bla bla, advertise violence, crimes, fame for criminals, bla, bla, is destroying the society.

Note "hallucinogenic drugs and loud noise" before the "." put it all the bad stuff about us in one box for the readers together with "religion, violence, and the media". Then After the "." continue with "The book prominently points out that hallucinogenic drugs and loud noise are the two most extreme dangers to our spiritual evolution. The book explicitly states that hallucinogenic drugs should be avoided at all costs." (which is indeed formulated very good because there is a chance that it will intrigue or challenge the reader to read the book to find out more information)
Vesko wrote:To recap, the mental capabilities of man and society as a whole have been grossly overlooked by ourselves, and even its basics have been far from explored and comprehended, let alone undertaken seriously. That results in terrible costs to us and our natural environment, because we lack adequate means to solve or at least considerably mitigate our major problems, problems plaguing us for millenia and which many of us have come to accept as perfectly normal -- crime, corruption, injustice, sickness, unhappiness, and others.
Excellent you can continue this a little bit more and say for example: "The book says bla bla bla the abattoirs." :wink:
bomohwkl

The purpose of the article is to SUMMARIZE what has written and not to preach. It should be written as neutral as possible. I understand that we all enthuasistic about wanting other people to read the book. What is lack from the website is a synosis of the book. Hence, the need to touch each chapter. If you want to give logical sequential reason of each fact, then, it wouldn't be a synosis. Reader's opinion should be minimal in order to maintain the scholarly quality of the synosis. At most two sentences can be devoted to readers' opinion.
Unfortunately, when I first read the article on Wikipedia, I find it reflecting badly what is written on the book. That's my opinion. Probably the book cannot be summarized.
Robanan

bomohwkl wrote:The purpose of the article is to SUMMARIZE what has written and not to preach.
What has made you think that I'm asking you to preach?

Are these the topics that should be summarized?
bomohowkl wrote:During the nine days, he had travelled in a superliminal spaceship, witnessed the consequences of planet-wide atomic wars in Aremo X3, delved into akashic records, visited his past lives, learned the origin of Christ and taught by highly spiritual beings who referred themselves as Thiaooubans. Thiaoouba is a planet located in our galaxy who are only inhabited by people who at the near perfection of spiritual evolution. The book also claimed that yellow and black were the first human race on earth immigrated from a distant planet. The earth has witnessed two catastrophic events: the deep impact which almost annihilated the yellow and black races and the destruction of continent of Mu by massive underground volcano.
I'm sorry I can't agree with you that they should be even mentioned in an encyclopedia entry for the book. These are stuff that cannot be verified and are fantastic and do not even contain a hint toward the message of the book.

Not everone who doesn't agree with you is against you.

bomohwkl wrote:What is lack from the website is a synosis of the book
I agree with you bomohwkl but we are making an entry about the book on wikipedia not Amazon.com i.e. we have to keep our entry relative and connected to the frame of an encyclopedia, the above mentioned summerization in the quote doesn't embrace that which is already there on wikipedia.
bomohwkl wrote:you want to give logical sequential reason of each fact, then, it wouldn't be a synosis.
I agree as long as we keep presenting "facts" in an understandable and neutral manner, and not unverifiable data. This exactly where we need to work on the entry given that we have two versions of the text, the book and so far my opinons and ideas.

Some "facts" need to have a logical sequential reason given for, just to represent (reproduce) the alternative point of view presented by the book in a clear and faithful (to the book) manner.
bomohwkl wrote:Reader's opinion should be minimal in order to maintain the scholarly quality of the synosis. At most two sentences can be devoted to readers' opinion.
I really don't understand what you are referring to. How can we moderate the reader's opinion? I'm missing your point here.
bomohwkl wrote:Unfortunately, when I first read the article on Wikipedia, I find it reflecting badly what is written on the book. That's my opinion. Probably the book cannot be summarized.
bomohwkl it seems that we need to debate this point. All the editors of that entry are to come to a common agreement regarding "what is written in the book".
bomohwkl

Filtering out information you deem it is impossible to verify from the book is an act of censorship. One's ability to verify certain points and events are determined and limited by one's intellect. The whole story should be told. Not only what you think which is verifable. Neutrality is important.
If you think that other people would 'slam' Thiaoouba Prophecy because of unverifable history ,for example, then it is the person's mistake. Anyway, people who are going to read Thiaoouba Prophecy will eventual come to the reading of 'unverifable facts'. You end up not being truthful of the whole story. Do you see the parallelism of your approach to certain salesman?
In my opinion, there is a reason why Micheal and Thao devoted several Chapters on very ancient history of the earth. We shouldn't remove it just because we think it is unverifable.
The article written also contains too much personal judgement (reader's opinion) which should be keep into minimal or even better keep in a separate article.

It is VERY IMPORTANT to define what purpose the article is going to serve. What are we going to achieve.
Robanan

Robanan wrote:Filtering out information you deem it is impossible to verify from the book is an act of censorship. One's ability to verify certain points and events are determined and limited by one's intellect. The whole story should be told. Not only what you think which is verifable. Neutrality is important.
Censorship? are you forgetting that we are just making an entry in wikipedia? I'm not aiming to rewrite the book nor filtering information that I consider unverifiable out of it. I have already told you that my comments are made to be "inside the current frame of your Draft". You are making a mistake if up to this point you already think that your version represents the book in it's full grace.

I'm just telling you that in "Your Version" you are not even giving a simple summarized overview of the "journey" your paragraphs are not making any points (still :wink: ) so far it all looks like pieces and bits of information that you collected from the book and have gathered together without any objectively percievable order (it's your first draft anyway).

To tell the whole story, will fill the "curiosity cup" of the readers of the entry. This should not be planned and it's a mistake. We are not to serve everything ready on a plate, and have to do our best to hint searchers toward the book.
bomohwkl wrote:If you think that other people would 'slam' Thiaoouba Prophecy because of unverifable history ,for example, then it is the person's mistake. Anyway, people who are going to read Thiaoouba Prophecy will eventual come to the reading of 'unverifable facts'. You end up not being truthful of the whole story. Do you see the parallelism of your approach to certain salesman?
I agree, but if someone is going to slam the book I want them to be forced to base themselves on the book itself and not able to base themselves on an entry from wikipedia.

What I call 'unverifiable facts' are all integral parts of the story of the "journey" presented in the book, I understand that they all are important because the book does not make sense without them. I think that those who get to the book from wikipedia should still be surprised by the amount of accurate details presented in the book. I'm saying that we have to leave room for that, instead of filling all the spaces with "Information shocks" like: superliminal spaceship, Aremo X3, akashic records, Thiaooubans etc. which in turn don't make any sense unless you start reading the whole book attentively.
bomohwkl wrote:Do you see the parallelism of your approach to certain salesman?
Are you mocking me?
bomohwkl wrote:In my opinion, there is a reason why Micheal and Thao devoted several Chapters on very ancient history of the earth. We shouldn't remove it just because we think it is unverifable.
I have pointed all my comments exactly to the parts of your draft to which they belong to, if you start making a mess out of all this we may never reach a result.

If you ask people who don't even know about the existance of the book, about Aremo X3, psychosphere (not akashic records) and Thiaooubians; You will understand what I mean when I say "These are stuff that cannot be verified and are fantastic and do not even contain a hint toward the message of the book".
bomohwkl wrote:The article written also contains too much personal judgement (reader's opinion) which should be keep into minimal or even better keep in a separate article.
Yours too, and my ideas too...
bomohwkl wrote:It is VERY IMPORTANT to define what purpose the article is going to serve. What are we going to achieve.
We are making an entry about the book in an online encyclopedia.