Board friendliness

News, announcements and technical support for the forum. Report any related problem and be sure it is going to be solved :).

Moderator: Moderators

Teda

Board friendliness

Before I mess up this board, could someone please explain how to do this quote thing.

Thanks
Teda
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

- Maori proverb
Alisima

Re: Board friendliness

Teda wrote:Before I mess up this board, could someone please explain how to do this quote thing.

Thanks
Teda
Just like that.

Hmm, that won't help.

But just press on the quote button on the far up-right of where this text appears, perhapse you need to scroll if your desktop resolution is low. When you press on it the forum generates my texted, but quoted. From this you can see how it works.

Or you can just type [ q u o t e = "xxxx" ] (without the spaces, ofcourse, but I can't type it since the forum then assumes I am quoting someone) for starting a quote and [/quote] for closing one.
Don't read my signature.
Robanan

Hi Teda, Welcome!

If you want to quote some text in your post, just select the text and press the quote button above. in [quote="****"] you can put the ID of the person you are quoting the text from instead of ****.

Please do enjoy yourself, I hope you find the forum to your likings, and also please read carefully the moderator notes (the sticky topics) before making posts, you will find that there is so little room to mess up this forum in general. :wink:
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Yothu

Robanan wrote:Hi Teda, Welcome!

If you want to quote some text in your post, just select the text and press the quote button above. in
**** wrote: you can put the ID of the person you are quoting the text from instead of ****.

Please do enjoy yourself, I hope you find the forum to your likings, and also please read carefully the moderator notes (the sticky topics) before making posts, you will find that there is so little room to mess up this forum in general. :wink:
just select the text and press the quote button
Obviously this doesn't work for me and my browser (Phoenix, ah Firebird, uhm Firefox 1.5).

At least, marking text in the textfield and hitting the "B" button makes it bold etc...
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Robanan

:lol: You quoted my text without paying attention that I have a starting quote tag in the middle of the paragraph. Your ending quote tag ended the starting one which was in the middle of the paragraph and not [quote="Robanan.... :lol:
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
Yothu

Robanan wrote::lol: You quoted my text without paying attention that I have a starting quote tag in the middle of the paragraph. Your ending quote tag ended the starting one which was in the middle of the paragraph and not [quote="Robanan.... :lol:
Yes, you're right. Buddd, besides, it doesn't work for me if I mark text I want to have quoted, as my computer (my browser more spefically) quotes the whole message instead of only the marked text.

Isn't a big problem. I simply open another tab - and copy and paste merrily.

Ya Hu.
Teda

:lol: I had BBCode off. You got me thinking though.

Teda
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

- Maori proverb
Vesko

Perhaps Safari (at OS version 10.4.3 or later) works better, Yothu? It currently has better standards compliance than either Firefox, IE or Opera. See http://digg.com/apple/Safaris_passes_Ac ... _and_Opera

Teda -- cheers!
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Yothu

Vesko wrote:Perhaps Safari (at OS version 10.4.3 or later) works better, Yothu? It currently has better standards compliance than either Firefox, IE or Opera.
thanks for the link, Vesko.
The update to OS X 10.4.3 makes Safari the first major browser to pass the Acid2 test.
I wish I'd own OS X 10.4
Currently I stick to 10.3 - so FF has to do it.
Vesko

Sorry, I got mislead by an e-mail of yours identifying the mail program as "Mail 2" (coming only with 10.4, as far as I know). I could have made a mistake though, I am not a Mac user.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Yothu

Vesko wrote:"Mail 2" (coming only with 10.4, as far as I know)
No prob. I didn't even know that there is a "Mail version two". I'm not a Hardcore Mac-ster either. :wink: