The new logo

News, announcements and technical support for the forum. Report any related problem and be sure it is going to be solved :).

Moderator: Moderators

Yothu

The new logo

haha, the blue planet is on category 4 8)
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
VeskoP

Re: The new logo

I had noticed that, too, Lena will have to explain the logic behind the colour selection :). We have exchanged emails earlier today and she was going to announce / surely is going to say something about her creation.

The logo is nice and cheerful, isn't it?
Last edited by VeskoP on Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Man exists physically for the sole purpose to develop spiritually" -- let us all really remember this when we think what to do next.
Yothu

Yes, provoking.

Congrats
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
Lena

the blue planet is in the 4th catagory because they're in rainbow order. the only reason behind this is asthetic reason :wink:

thanks vesko for smoothing out the numbers, it looks great. I was going to do that but I got lazy towards the end.
Alisima

Lena wrote:the blue planet is in the 4th catagory because they're in rainbow order. the only reason behind this is asthetic reason
Since when did the rainbow start with green??

The correct order is: red,orange,yellow,green,blue,indigo,violet. Where red is the 'lowest' color and violet the 'highest'. So, a category one planet would be red and a category 9 planet would be violet. You still miss 2 colors though.
Don't read my signature.
Lena

Alisima wrote:
Lena wrote:the blue planet is in the 4th catagory because they're in rainbow order. the only reason behind this is asthetic reason
Since when did the rainbow start with green??

The correct order is: red,orange,yellow,green,blue,indigo,violet. Where red is the 'lowest' color and violet the 'highest'. So, a category one planet would be red and a category 9 planet would be violet. You still miss 2 colors though.
well this rainbow ends with planet 9 being golden. i didn't want two golden planets so the 1st planet had to be green. besides, I think you're reading into the logo a little too much. :)
Alisima

Lena wrote:besides, I think you're reading into the logo a little too much. :)
Haha, I guess I am.
Don't read my signature.
ptex

New logo

Lena: I just wanted to say I really enjoy the new logo!
It contains a lot of significance: the 9 planets and the role of number 9, the importance of colors, the digits and a golden hallo :-) In my humble opinion it represents very well some important details from The Book. Well done indeed :thumright:
Lena

Re: New logo

ptex wrote:Lena: I just wanted to say I really enjoy the new logo!
It contains a lot of significance: the 9 planets and the role of number 9, the importance of colors, the digits and a golden hallo :-) In my humble opinion it represents very well some important details from The Book. Well done indeed :thumright:
thanks ptex :)
survivor

I think the logo rocks.

P.S I'm curious about the 9 countries above the logo, any significant reason, or just randomly chosen?

EDIT: found my answer in another thread.
Machine Translation Available
The forum can now be easily viewed in languages other than English via the icons in the top left corner. The translation is carried out automatically by computers and thus is far from perfect, but it may *occasionally* be at a fairly acceptable level. We hope this step is going to help people who do not know English well to find and access the forum. The currently available languages are:

Spanish
German
Portugese
French
Italian
Japanese
Chinese
Korean
Russian

All except Russian currently use the Google Language Tools ( http://www.google.com/language_tools ). Russian is currently provided by PROMT ( http://www.e-promt.com/en/ )

The credit for the idea goes to Bomohwkl.

Note: If you find a translation service offering a better translation quality for a particular language, or a language not included in the above list, please inform us, and if the service is possible to be integrated, it will be.