17%
80-90%
17%
90-100%
29%

Total votes: 24

survivor

VeskoP wrote:
survivor wrote:(or even delete the thread as it's "your" own mental thought). I believe in the book.
Survivor, could you please explain why Shezmear's thread is problematic? You say that it contains his "own mental thought". Please elaborate.
The title of the thread in mention is (and now was) "misleading" even Shezmear had this to say "Yes it is entirely my own mental thought, my own rationalizing, based on the information I have received" all is well, let's move on.
VeskoP

You have written in your quote above as if you had a problem with Shezmear's post contents, not only the title. Thank you for making it clear that it is not so.
"Man exists physically for the sole purpose to develop spiritually" -- let us all really remember this when we think what to do next.
Teda

Okay, here my thoughts. It’s very simple really. I think one of the main reasons why people have not participated in this forum is because it feels impersonal. I like to hear about why others think the book is true or partly true and to share their experience relative to book. We wouldn’t have turned up here otherwise.

I feel there is a little bit of hierarchy in this forum in a sense that we are restricted to speak freely of personal experience in case one feels less spiritually aware. Or if we are to praise someone posts, we have to private message them, another reason why the board seem impersonal. The only commonality I see in this forum is sharing of outside sources which are invaluable and interesting but those things are easy to ignore if you are too busy or not interested. Once someone starts talking about their personal experience relating to TP, I find myself interested and listening no matter how busy I am. The debate on this board sometimes goes wayward sounding more political than spiritual, not intended. I see no right and wrong in this board, only disagreements between members. Our personal experiences are unique and that could easily be the main topic of this board, I will certainly not be bored. Maybe if we opt to have a view that each one of us is right in our experience, then we are all right! :sunny:

Teda
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

- Maori proverb
TomJansen

It's personal, it depends... Shezmear likes the chatroom, while I think I would find it unpleasant to chat that way.

I think that for me, the main reason for not being as active on the forum as I'd like to be, is just the high quality of the discussions in the forum. Here, we think before we post and we have only intelligent discussions. That's very good of course, but it makes a high "threshold": if you're not sure that you're post is valueable, better post nothing. For some topics I have the idea that they're just too advanced spiritually or too intellectual, for me to take part. Perhaps this also has to do with lack of self-certainty.
(So the forum quality standard is a paradox. I have no solution.)
InfoSource wrote:So we are left with international news, discussions of global warming (nature and ecology section of the forum) and science news, which not everyone will understand enough to contribute to
Yes, that's what I mean, despite there are more things to talk about.

Further, InfoSource sais that the subjects are limited by our scope; maybe that's why the "Unrelated topics" category is so popular. I appreciate the "Unrelated topics" category very much. I don't fully agree that the subjects are limited, because as Teda sais, we must not be bored.

(Voted "a little", as I have mixed feelings.)
VeskoP

Ptex's positive opinion about the current state of the forum, posted on the "Do we deserve it?" topic in the "Forum News and Support" subforum.
"Man exists physically for the sole purpose to develop spiritually" -- let us all really remember this when we think what to do next.
shezmear

I can relate with Teda, I think the active search for truth is essential but I also think pleasant exchanges regardless of content are meaningful and enjoyable… :)

And we all are unique, and seems some of us are not always interested in who is rightist, or what is right.

This is a fine line, but I think with practice is can be walked, allowing more people to have there views which is a essential part of learning, and “getting along”, let us not forget that…. :)
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Robanan

Shezmear wrote:I can relate with Teda, I think the active search for truth is essential but I also think pleasant exchanges regardless of content are meaningful and enjoyable… :)

And we all are unique, and seems some of us are not always interested in who is rightist, or what is right.

This is a fine line, but I think with practice is can be walked, allowing more people to have there views which is a essential part of learning, and “getting along”, let us not forget that…. :)
I couldn't have said it better, you are absolutely right Shezmear we need more interaction and communication between ourselves aside from discussing the book and everything else related. I believe the chat room is a great big step ahead in this direction. ;)
shezmear

Yes, the chat room is really good,and a whole lotta fun :) you can exchange information
very quickly.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Robanan

Also the board is discussing other means of improving inter community communication. Ideas are as always very welcome.
ShahKorR

I have found that i am generally to busy with other things to be able to visit very often. I think that the "chat" feature is a good idea for everyone to join and discuss the topics that have been posted.
It is dificult sometimes to understand a post without speaking with the author to be able to understand where they are coming from. After all everyone has had different life experiences and so everyone has a different perception. chat is needed to come together and develope some familiarty. I guess there is always the time differences as well and when i do have time no one is usually in the chat room. Perhaps posting the times when there is the most poeple available to chat would help.
Well i hope i have said something constructive.

btw anyone notice how the moons path seems much more erratic now? I have not studied the pathway of the moon so am unsure if that is normal or not. Keep an eye out and see what you guys/girls/ladies think!?!(sorry not to post this in a thread but everyone seems to be coming here at the moment, i apoligize!)

Love and Light
Chao
When goodness grows weak,
When evil increases,
I make myself a body.
In every age I come back
To deliver the holy,
To destroy the sin of the sinner,
To establish righteousness.

~ Bhagavad Gita
ShahKorR

Vesko
What chat program did Impaler have? was that a live talk chat ? did it work?
When goodness grows weak,
When evil increases,
I make myself a body.
In every age I come back
To deliver the holy,
To destroy the sin of the sinner,
To establish righteousness.

~ Bhagavad Gita
Aisin

Robanan wrote:I couldn't have said it better, you are absolutely right Shezmear we need more interaction and communication between ourselves aside from discussing the book and everything else related. I believe the chat room is a great big step ahead in this direction. ;)
Shezmear wrote:Yes, the chat room is really good,and a whole lotta fun you can exchange information
very quickly.
I agree, the chat room gives very spontaneous experience, we may start talking about an intelligent topic which each may not have thought about alone, but had been triggered by a spontaneous remark by others in the chatroom.

:idea: Perhaps we could yield more from the chatroom, by concluding that certain useful exchange in the chatroom can be recorded as minutes, which can then be posted onto the forum for more to read. Any seconder?
Aisin

Also, about this poll, the level of satisfaction measured is too discrete, and ambiguous too.

Would this have been slightly more effective, for example?
=> Rate your satisfaction with this forum:
* 0-20%
* 20-40%
* 40-60%
* 60-80%
* 80-100%
Vesko

ShahKorR wrote:Vesko
What chat program did Impaler have? was that a live talk chat ? did it work?
No, no particular program was proposed. Once, during a chat, he said that the next step for the future could be a video chat ;).
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Vesko

On Aisin's advice, the poll has been restarted. Please vote again.

The previous poll ran from March 5 to March 10. Here are the results:
Question: Are you dissatisfied with the forum?

* No -- 38% (5 voters)
* A little -- 53% (7 voters)
* A lot -- 7% (1 voter)

Total voters: 13
P.S.

To Aisin: you said "Also, about this poll, the level of satisfaction measured is too discrete, and ambiguous too." What is the ambiguity?
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?