17%
80-90%
17%
90-100%
29%

Total votes: 24

VeskoP

Rate your satisfaction with the forum

Please vote on this extremely important poll. It determines the future of the forum. Be totally, totally, totally frank. The voting is anonymous so now is your chance to determine the future!
Last edited by VeskoP on Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Man exists physically for the sole purpose to develop spiritually" -- let us all really remember this when we think what to do next.
Robanan

I voted no because I have put so many pieces and bits of myself here and there on this forum that I now can't say where is me and where is the forum. :lol: I'm not dissatisfied with myself. :wink:
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
shezmear

Vesko, I don’t really understand this poll, however I have voted.

The forum is really only reflective of the individuals that work with in it, but I think the intention behind it and the fact that it allows people to communicate with each other is a wonderful thing….. Thumbs up! :)

As far as clutter goes I think this is more of a perception of the person reading it then it actually being a truthful representation of the forum.

People not only come together to make points and have valued intelligent exchanges but also come to together, to enjoy each other, and just hang out, maybe they are alone? Maybe that has no friends? Maybe they have no one to talk to about this book they have been reading and it has really started to make them think?

Maybe they need someone to bounce ideas off. Or debate with?

Everybody is trying to figure out there own thing and they start this from the strangest places; I don’t think that entirely forfills the criteria of clutter in any way.

In fact I would be careful about heading down that path.

I certainly would not consider another’s post clutter, I would simple say, well that is something that they want to explore, I will leave them to it, if it does not grab me; I move on and start my own post about something that I may find interesting.

I think what is important is that people are exchanging ideas and information.

I personally find the chat room a blast :)
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Lena

I was going to say "no", but I voted "a little" only because this forum isn't as active as I'd like it to be. we don't have a whole lot of active members.
survivor

'An interesting proof about abducted to the ninth planet'

Shezmear, I have some healthy criticism for you.

You started a thread titled "An interesting proof about abducted to the ninth planet".

Now, may I suggest that you whack a question mark at the end of the title, we wouldn't want you likened to the 'journalist' mentioned in the book.(or even delete the thread as it's "your" own mental thought). I believe in the book.
shezmear

Hi Survivor,

Yes it is entirely my own mental thought, my own rationalizing, based on the information I have received.

Vesko or any of the moderators can put a question mark at the end of it if they like,or if they see fit.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
VeskoP

Lena wrote:I was going to say "no", but I voted "a little" only because this forum isn't as active as I'd like it to be. we don't have a whole lot of active members.
Completely true about inactivity. Even following the newsletter that we sent out last week, kindly inviting people to participate, participation hasn't increased tangibly. Activity has been sustained by only about less than a dozen people, from out of more than 130 current members.

According to you, why is this so, even though the forum is almost 2 years old? (This is a question to everyone.)
Shezmear wrote:Vesko or any of the moderators can put a question mark at the end of it if they like,or if they see fit.
Done.
"Man exists physically for the sole purpose to develop spiritually" -- let us all really remember this when we think what to do next.
VeskoP

Others, why have you voted that you are dissatisfied a little, or a lot? (Please share your thoughts, if you wish to do it anonymously, you can by posting as a guest /log out if you are logged in/.)
Last edited by VeskoP on Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VeskoP

survivor wrote:(or even delete the thread as it's "your" own mental thought). I believe in the book.
Survivor, could you please explain why Shezmear's thread is problematic? You say that it contains his "own mental thought". Please elaborate.
InfoSource

I voted "a little" dissatisfied with this forum for basically the same reason as Lena, lack of activity on the forum. I think they are a couple of reasons for this

I think the forum being about Thiaoouba prophecy has the effect of narrowing the amount of topics that can be discussed, and I think we are nearing a limit as to what is discussed about the book already without repeating ourselves

Some other forums/message boards I've been to have usually (like this forum) one main focus (for instance a sport like hockey) and many off topic sub-forums to discuss things such as entertainment news, politics, TV shows, etc

In the case of sports forums including or excluding off topic material, they have a continuum of news that they discuss about players, matches, trade proposals and so on

In our case we have TP, a book written in 1987, and the scope and range of topics that can be discussed are limited because TP is not a daily newspaper but a relatively old book, also when discussing off topic stuff like politics we would have a difficult time discussing it because everyone is spread out across the globe so it wouldn't make any sense for me to start talking about Canadian politics because it wouldn't really effect anyone else

So we are left with international news, discussions of global warming (nature and ecology section of the forum) and science news, which not everyone will understand enough to contribute to

And the biggest reason I think why we have little forum activity, is because TP is not well know so people who have found the book TP, weren't looking for it but stumbled upon it and subsequently if they thought highly of the book they would look for more information and found themselves here

Not too many people have so far

So a way to increase forum activity is for TP to have major publicity, something like a famous celebrity endorsing the book to get peoples attention, it could work
Robanan

By aiming to have many forum members we might risk the quality of the forum for the quantity of the members.

Also, Are we ready to host many people here? I think not...
The essence of Consciousness, is the ability to Create, Process, Transmit and Receive Information Autonomously.
VeskoP

Robanan wrote:Also, Are we ready to host many people here? I think not...
Does this happen to mean that there will not be enough dependable moderators to be found to manage the forum, each with a normal workload, if there are many more people?

Or is it about technical resources?
Robanan

VeskoP wrote:
Robanan wrote:Also, Are we ready to host many people here? I think not...
Does this happen to mean that there will not be enough dependable moderators to be found to manage the forum, each with a normal workload, if there are many more people?

Or is it about technical resources?
I'm not talking about the future Vesko, I'm talking about today. If I can be considered as a moderator I still don't have clue as to what exactly is to be done to increase the quality of the threads (what to do to let the reader get the best out of each thread without spending much time reading and going through irrelevant stuff?). Well I noticed that yothu too is quality checking the posts and threads here and there.
VeskoP

You are a moderator with full rights to revise / move / delete topics; I trust you that you will do that well when it is necessary. You'll have to answer the following questions to yourself: what are your exact criteria for irrelevant stuff (clutter, etc.)? Given that, how much irrelevant stuff do you think exists on the forum? And then proceed to handle it. Of course, you'd want to discuss that with others that you trust, so the effort can be coordinated.
Robanan

ok Vesko, and to add to what is been said I've just made a post that reveals many people are in the process of reading the book, and yet many others have already made up their mind about it. Many still are discouraged to search further.