Integral institute

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

anonymousbeing

Integral institute

http://www.integralinstitute.org/integral.html

I think this is an interesting institute
shezmear

I will read up...
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Alisima

I already was familiar with Keb Wilber and his Integral Approach. I have read half a dozen of his books and it seems his approach is purely intellectual. Which is fine ofcourse, if you are an intellectual type.

Besides that I think that only few people will truly understand the Integral Approach, I think, because of it's lack of precisely those people, that the whole thought system will collapse with Ken's death. Although that is perhapse way too soon, since there are going to be people who will maintain the system after Ken's death, it is undeniable that a some point in time the system will collapse.

The problem is the fact that it is an intellectual approach, and concerning intellectual development there are many fallacies, fallacies that are not all easy to avoid. The only thing stopping such fallacies from corrupting the system is the presence of 'smart' men who will, at the unset of any fallacy, set things right. But what if the 'smart' men are momentarily away??

Ofcourse, all that Ken suggest is possible with the Integral Approach is probably much better than all that we have got now. But I believe there will be a great distinction between those who understand the Integral Approach and those who don't, much like the rich and the poor that we now have.

In any case, a system, whether that be an Integral system or not, is going to be limited towards all those who use it, except perhapse the lonely few who use the system and are not used by it. So, and here it comes, in order to have a working system you need people that work with the system who are themselves 'healthy', or wise if you prefer. I believe there are too few of those men.

The whole Integral Approach needs wise men to use it. But do these wise men need the Integral Approach?? No they don't. The whole Integral Approach is designed for those who are not wise. And here is the contradiction: the integral approach needs wise men to operate but is designed for working with not so wise men. Ken Wilber himself doens't need the Integral Approach, I don't need it, and many others don't need it either. They all already transcended the Integral Approach and will live fine without it. The Integral Approach is simply for those who haven't understood it. But those will never optimally work with the Integral Approach since they don't understand it.

So, to recap: the Integral Approach is only for those who understand it, but those who do, don't need the Integral Approach.
Don't read my signature.