TP becoming a collector's item? How 2 widespread TP's reach?

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

ptex

TP becoming a collector's item? How 2 widespread TP's reach?

Would anyone believe that there's a second hand Thiaoouba Prophecy book selling at $198.99 USD? No? Please check this link.

Is Thiaoouba Prophecy becoming a collector's item out there ?! I believe this is only a case of a serious price mistake. Nevertheless it seems that The Book is getting increasingly difficult to find in big online shops as Amazon and Barns and Noble.

I'm interested in learning other's opinion how to increase TP's availability all over the world in as many languages as possible.

I can kick-off this thread by briefly saying that placing the books in major online stores is a way. Also increasing Internet exposure is a major asset towards this goal (like writing entries (as already been done) in Wikipedia and placing the book's content in Google Book Search)). All ideas are most welcome and needed :sunny:
Lena

I didn't even know it was available on amazon, I just ordered my copy directly from thiaooubia.com. I'm not sure if we really need to make the book better known... I think whoever is meant to read it will find it on their own. unless they don't have interenet access :P

we could try getting our local libraries to carry it.
ptex

Lena wrote:I'm not sure if we really need to make the book better known... I think whoever is meant to read it will find it on their own. unless they don't have Internet access :P
Lena, I believe that would be a passive approach very much like "there's no need to help anyone as everyone gets exactly what they deserve". You may even hear "by helping someone you may actually be doing them a disservice because it's their "fate" to go through it that you may otherwise be preventing from happening". I won't elaborate much on this (it's quite a topic on its own) but I simply want to say: I do what I feel I should, meaning that I listen a lot more to my heart and I apply this in some of the situations I face.
Now if we transpose this to the subject we're talking about I have to say:
  • 1) I find TP's message tremendously coherent, most worthy and urgently needed to be known;
    2) I personally benefited immensely just by reading it (not talking about the several aspects I introduced in my life as a result of that);
    3) I believe many more people will equally find the meaning and worth of TP;
    4) Widespreading TP message is in my view one of the best ways of contributing to a better and more just world which (I think) is what we all in this forum believe in and would like to see achieved some day;
    5) Searching my feelings regarding this I "feel" it's the right path and I have smashing evidence, not to mention many obvious signs along the way, that this so (at least personally that is).
To this, please take into consideration the state of confusion and need for guidance we witness all around us every day that goes by and tell me honestly you disagree with me... :-)
Aisin

No abstract or review given on the book and it's selling for US$198.99? That's unbelievable. Even Michel's name was spelt wrongly.

It doesn't sound like it's becoming a collector's item, especially with thiaoouba.com still providing it.

Anyway, I second with the need to let more people know about the book, because it makes people think more, and the conventions of our industrialized materialistic world is to steer people towards thinking less.

While we don't have to go to the extremes (not doing anything about it, or give out the book for free like Michel & Tom did and found out people won't appreciate), we could strike a balance between the two extremes, and make the book easier to be discovered by those who're searching.

Recently I've recommended the book to about 5 people, and 1 has read it.

Great ideas, ptex, keep it going.
Lena

I too have lent my copies of thiaoouba prophecy, the freedom of choice, and the joy of perfect health to several people I know personally, and NO ONE has read any of them (except for my mom, who's read a little bit). It's true that the world would be a better place if more people took the time to read this stuff, but from my experience I've found that they generally don't want to. they don't feel like it. a lot of them are just lazy.

now instead of suggesting people to read the book, I just talk about what I've read if it fits into the conversation. if one of these days I spark someone's interest, I'll offer to lend them the book, but until then the best I can do to inspire them to think is just by talking and asking questions.
ptex

Infosource makes a very good suggestion to expand TP's public exposure in another thread
InfoSource wrote: (...)Onto another potentially free resource, and that would be free video sites like Google Video, or youtube where you can watch many free videos and upload your own homemade video onto the website

Perhaps someone should upload the Japanese interviews of Michel onto either google video or youtube for more exposure of TP

Links

http://youtube.com/
http://video.google.com/
I wonder if there are any copyright issues that can prevent us from uploading the Videos into Video Google or another resource?
InfoSource

ptex wrote:I wonder if there are any copyright issues that can prevent us from uploading the Videos into Video Google or another resource?
I'll use YouTube as my example for an answer to your question

From YouTube's copyright section

http://www.youtube.com/t/help_content
What is your policy on copyright infringement?
YouTube respects the rights of copyright holders and publishers and requires all members to affirm that they hold the copyright or have permission for the content that they upload. If we receive a notice that content infringes another party's copyright, the member's account may be terminated and the content will be removed from YouTube. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, read Copyright Tips.

What are you doing to prevent copyrighted content from appearing in YouTube?
Since all content on YouTube is posted by our members, we make it clear in our terms of use and at the time of upload that they must own the copyright to the videos they post or have permission from the copyright holder. We take copyright issues very seriously and encourage copyright holders to contact us if they have any objections about specific videos—we will cooperate with them to take down any infringing content immediately. Repeat and flagrant offenders of the terms of use are addressed with proprietary technology.

How do I report copyright infringement?
If you believe that someone else has uploaded your copyrighted content without your permission, please contact us to submit a copyright notification.

What if I have been falsely accused of copyright infringement?
We'll let you know if we receive a copyright complaint about any of your video content that is hosted on YouTube. We'll also give you the opportunity to file a DMCA counter-notification.

From what I've seen surfing through YouTube and sites like it are that there are tons of videos that are taken straight from music videos, TV shows, and movies, some of it might have been consented to but many others were not

Generally it seems someone has to complain about a video being copyrighted for it to be removed as it would take a lot of effort by those websites staff's to sort through all the illegitimate material

I think if someone were to upload those Japanese interviews to those websites, the chance of it being removed would be very slim, because it wouldn't be a popular item on the website so it would be relatively unknown and then someone knowing the copyright owners of those interviews who would complain to the proper authorities would be even rarer

So in short I don't see any copyright issue being a problem with uploading those interviews, the only thing left to consider is if someone on the forum has an ethical objection to uploading them because their uncertain about copyright violations if they were to be uploaded
survivor

Lena wrote:I too have lent my copies of thiaoouba prophecy, the freedom of choice, and the joy of perfect health to several people I know personally, and NO ONE has read any of them (except for my mom, who's read a little bit).
2 years ago I gave a copy of (TP) to my brother; now, 2 years later I gave another copy to a self proclaimed atheist, recently both (including myself) were in the same room, when the atheist asked questions re:TP, then, my brother jumped into the convesation ranting about nothing and basically said to me "I think it's really sad, actually very sad that you believe in that book".(I so wanted to give him a polite slap across the face) ...because

...my brother only read (TP) up to when Michel is informed, that, Thiaoouba is inhabited with hermaphrodite's.

I also try to expose the book, But it's not that simple, some of my friends thought I was going loopy (crazy), others just walkaway slowly :shock: ...so, I guess it's timing and even at-times, apply anonymous exposure.
shezmear

survivor your tail is quite common, I myself have had some doozzeyysss!!!.
I prefer not to speak about TP to anybody that i know, it just complicates things.
eather you get it or you don`t.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Robanan

shezmear wrote:survivor your tail is quite common, I myself have had some doozzeyysss!!!.
I prefer not to speak about TP to anybody that i know, it just complicates things.
eather you get it or you don`t.
Same here... :roll: