How good are you?

Contains polls on questions either directly or indirectly related to the books

Moderator: Moderators

How good are you as a person in your heart, in your opinion?

I am morally prefect. I couldn't see any morally flaws on myself
3%
I am trying to be morally prefect but it is very difficult
59%
I am not really morally prefect and I think it is ok not to be prefect
24%
It is important not to be morally prefect, i need to survive!
No votes
I think I have an evil side in order to gain something, I will of course not hurting people physically
7%
I am evil.
7%

Total votes: 29

bomohwkl

How good are you?

Do you think u are as good as angel?
Alisima

Ehm, what about the non-dual option: I am neither moral nor amoral nor am I both nor am I not both?? Really, think about it. Morality is man-made, it is a consensus, it is limited. There is no absolute-moral. There is no predefined set of actions which will take you to heaven. Nor is a predefined set of actions which will take you to hell. The concept of morals, of right and wrong, is wrong in itself. Does a bird think about whether to do right or wrong? Does a lion? Does a tree? Morality is a waste of time and it divides the universe into 2 parts which are then set against each other. Can God really create wrong?? And if he can, it is still wrong?? By what measure do you measure wrongness?? What is wrong?? Look into the dictionary: wrong is a consensus. Right! Wrong is what a group of people have come up with which, according to the same people, is to be avoided. How can these people decide what I should do in a given situation?? They can't!! They aren't even present, and they decide what I should do?? Morality is a way of keeping masses under control. Just mark some actions wrong and mark some right. Inevitable people will do wrong and then you punish them, they will feel guilt, they will repress and you will cripple them. Morality is keeping humanity small, fragile and weak. While at the same time we can grow into marvelous beings. Instead of learning things we get a tap on the fingers...

You ask whether I think I am as good as an angel. Well... I am the angel.
Don't read my signature.
shezmear

I do the best I can and that is enough :)
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Lena

I don't know. I try, but I make mistakes. my intentions are always "moral". What I intend to do and what happens, unfortunately, aren't always the same.
bomohwkl

Alisima wrote:Ehm, what about the non-dual option: I am neither moral nor amoral nor am I both nor am I not both?? Really, think about it. Morality is man-made, it is a consensus, it is limited. There is no absolute-moral. There is no predefined set of actions which will take you to heaven. Nor is a predefined set of actions which will take you to hell. The concept of morals, of right and wrong, is wrong in itself. Does a bird think about whether to do right or wrong? Does a lion? Does a tree? Morality is a waste of time and it divides the universe into 2 parts which are then set against each other. Can God really create wrong?? And if he can, it is still wrong?? By what measure do you measure wrongness?? What is wrong?? Look into the dictionary: wrong is a consensus. Right! Wrong is what a group of people have come up with which, according to the same people, is to be avoided. How can these people decide what I should do in a given situation?? They can't!! They aren't even present, and they decide what I should do?? Morality is a way of keeping masses under control. Just mark some actions wrong and mark some right. Inevitable people will do wrong and then you punish them, they will feel guilt, they will repress and you will cripple them. Morality is keeping humanity small, fragile and weak. While at the same time we can grow into marvelous beings. Instead of learning things we get a tap on the fingers...

You ask whether I think I am as good as an angel. Well... I am the angel.

I am more referring to YOUR-MADE not consensus-man-made
Alisima

Well, like I said: "I am neither moral nor amoral nor am I both nor am I not both".

To quote shakespear: "There is no right or wrong, only thinking which makes it so."
Don't read my signature.
shezmear

Do you mean there is no write or wrong full stop?
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Lena

in my opinion there is no right or wrong, only prefrences.
Aisin

My ans: none of the above.

To vote for the first or the last is not quite possible, I'll be laughing at myself. :lol:

For the 4th and 5th options, I've gone passed that stage, I know for sure I don't have to, my aim is not for materialistic gain, it cannot be reached through such actions.

For the 2nd and 3rd options, well, my aim is not for moral perfection, hence they're not really relevant as well. If one feels difficulty in maintaining morality, then look elsewhere. Instead of trying to be morally upright, why not try to be more forgiving (for eg)?

Better still, aim to give unconditional love, then morality doesn't really matter that much, it just becomes a subset of everything.

Best of all, don't even think about it, then I won't have to judge myself. There's a quote that I like in Judging Others.
dloheb

There is wrong.
Teda

dloheb wrote:There is wrong.
Do you mean 'there is no wrong'?
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.

- Maori proverb
ErMurazor

I think that everyone has their own idea about what is moral and what isnt, obviously there are a few things that most of us would consider total taboo e.g. rape, drugs but when it comes to the grey areas people have their own ideas and people will usually do the right thing based on their morals. I don't think it is a good question to ask how moral are you but ask what approach do they take to making moral decisions.
Zio

Well, we all are trying to be more spiritual, and that's the goal of life right? As a proverb says: The freedom of one stops at someone else's. Of course, if the person's says that his freedom can be passes, that's his freedom ^^.