Vehicle pollution reduction technologies

Discussion on technology and how it could be used to assist spiritual development and NOT enslave us. This includes technology that will help us live in harmony with Nature (e.g.: "Lifter" technologies that could replace the petrol driven engine). Also, discussion of past and current scientific thought so that gems are not buried in the sands of time, and spiritual progress through science is achieved.

Moderator: Moderators

survivor

Vehicle pollution reduction technologies

A simple, yet revolutionary 'spark plug' for motor vehicles. Can cut pollution from vehicles at up to 40%.

As seen on ABC- The New Inventors http://www.abc.net.au/newinventors/txt/s1128892.htm

website: I have emailed them for a quote on 6 plugs, still waiting for a response.

http://www.greenfire.com.au
ptex

Re: Vehicle pollution reduction technologies

survivor wrote:A simple, yet revolutionary 'spark plug' for motor vehicles. Can cut pollution from vehicles at up to 40%.
Congratulations for the post. This seems quite promising and together with two other pollution reduction technologies I'll post below may really make a difference in achieving a significant decrease in pollution levels produced by cars. I'd love to see an independent review on tests regarding these technologies because the pollution reduction percent values quoted by each maker sound too much of a commercial hype to get consumers attention.

The first technology is EuroFuel Saver Supertech
SuperTech® is a solid immersion device working inside the fuel tank of vehicles having hydrocarbon traction (fuel or diesel)
This product is being mass produced and is available for purchase. Basically this is a fuel pre-catalyst that works by changing the molecular structure of the Hydrocarbons in fuels. Please beware that newer vehicles, with advanced motors - like the new hybrid cars from Toyota and Honda - may not gain much with the use of this device. The device doesn't need external power: it uses the vehicle's own static electricity as power. They claim to reduce up to 12% fuel consumption and between 35% to 75% escape gas emissions. :-k

The second one is Velocity Tuner a simple and ingenious (very cheap) concept (available to most car brands and models):
How does Velocity Tuner increase horsepower up to 16%?
The Velocity Tuner swirls the air in the intake tube much like a tornado. As a result, this allows the air to move faster and more effectively around corners and bends. Think of it this way: when you drain a bathtub, a whirlpool is created because it’s the fastest way for the water to go down the drain. The concept is the same. The faster the air moves in your intake tract, the more power your car, truck or SUV will have - it’s that simple.

How does Velocity Tuner increase fuel efficiency up to 31%?
The Velocity Tuner creates a mini-tornado which in turn creates finer particles of atomized fuel allowing better flame proliferation for a more complete ignition in the combustion chamber. Your vehicles ECU (computer) reads data through the O2 sensor then recognizes the change. In turn, it adjusts by cutting surplus fuel delivery thereby resulting in better gas mileage.
I have purchased and installed the velocity tuner in my car but honestly I don't notice any change in consumption levels, autonomy or anything else.

These 2 technologies seem to depend very much on the car maker, model and specially the driving style.

Hydrogen vehicles are apparently on the way but they seem to be too slow to come forward to mass production, I can only guess big oil companies are adjusting their "strategies" to comply to the new fuel type (some time ago I read news that both BP and Shell already have hydrogen units), they forget that Hydrogen will be easily produced without needing to go to a gas station. Besides this one of the biggest challenges engine producers are trying to overcome is Hydrogen's risk of explosion.
ptex

A small update to my post above.
After extensively testing of the "Velocity Tuner" I can say it doesn't make a noticeable influence for me.

The Greenfire Spark Plug Survivor mentioned, on the other hand, seems quite promising though. I wonder if you have any update on this information, Survivor.

There's another Spark Plug called Pulstar Pulse Plug: http://www.pulstarplug.com/
I also just made a small inquiry about them and I'll report back the results. I'm very much tempted to trying it :)

The people from http://www.xpeditionstv.com/ reported it's the most efficient technology in reducing consumption they tried out. You can check their video called "28000 miles". Actually they mention a couple of other technologies that simply don't work!
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Rezo

A friend of mine works on cars, he was mentioning something to me about timing chips, I forget what exactly, was it maybe like the 'speed chip'? I wonder if this works either. The plugs on my used hybrid are platinum [and theyre expensive!] wish I had known this before. I've had it for about a year now.

I had also heard of something called 'millennium cell' which describes their called hydrogen-on-demand system that involves sodium borohydrate, uses a catalyst, and claims to have a safer storage medium:

http://millenniumcell.com/fw/main/Hydro ... el-30.html

NaBH4 (aq) + 2H20 ->[cat]--> 4H2 + NaBO2 (aq) + Heat [how it works page]