Where to find Michel Desmarquet's book "She and I"

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

ptex

Since the book "She and I" is nowhere to be found, after the great number of attempts I (and others) made in several places, I'm wondering if any forum member who has it would consider selling his or her copy? I'm still very much interested in it and I'm certain the same happens with others.
Last edited by ptex on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
InfoSource

I think it would be a good idea for any forum member who has the book "She and I" by Michael, to scan their copy of the book to their computer and make it avaiable in pdf form online for others on the forum.

There are services that provide document scanning that can do the scanning and converting to pdf form, or you could try it yourself with the right tools.
PyroKinetic

What exactly is the book about?
ptex

PyroKinetic wrote:What exactly is the book about?
Well, usually you read the thread you're posting in, someone else asked the same question in this very same topic ;)
Infosource wrote:I think it would be a good idea for any forum member who has the book "She and I" by Michael, to scan their copy of the book to their computer and make it available in pdf form online for others on the forum.

There are services that provide document scanning that can do the scanning and converting to pdf form, or you could try it yourself with the right tools.
I don't know about making it available publicly. That seems to me like a serious copyright infringement even though the book is not available anymore. As such we should look for alternatives that don't have copyright legal implications.

The only one so far I could think of is buying the book in second hand. Although I came forward with the suggestion, I agree that others that expressed interest in reading it before me should have priority in buying it (2nd. hand).

There's a second one (after all) but it involves contacting Michel personally and asking his permission to distribute it like you suggested. Since he's unreachable this suggestion is inconsequential.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
PyroKinetic

Oops sorry, im just used to getting to the end of the thread, kinda lazy to read before, but it wont happen again :lol:
A.Friend

Hi there
Zio pointed me towards this thread from the welcome pages, I am new to the forum but I do have a copy of the book 'She and I' that I am willing to share with other members. I will gladly forward it on to anyone, as long as they promise to pass it on to another member when they have finished it. I have looked at the idea of scanning and PDFing the book, which I can do fairly easily although I would have to do it in installments. As someone said this many infringe copyright laws so could pose a problem. I will try and contact arafura to see if I can get their permission but I dont hold out much hope.

I enjoyed the book but was a little dissapointed after reading Abduction to the 9th planet as I was looking forward to more of the same, and maybe the book about Michels other past lives he said he 'would' write or even the other book he said he would need to write to cover another topic.

Paul
'A STRANGER IS A FRIEND YOU SIMPLY HAVENT MET YET'
ptex

A.Friend wrote:Hi there
Zio pointed me towards this thread from the welcome pages, I am new to the forum but I do have a copy of the book 'She and I' that I am willing to share with other members. I will gladly forward it on to anyone, as long as they promise to pass it on to another member when they have finished it. I have looked at the idea of scanning and PDFing the book, which I can do fairly easily although I would have to do it in installments. As someone said this many infringe copyright laws so could pose a problem. I will try and contact Arafura to see if I can get their permission but I don't hold out much hope.
Hi A.Friend,

I'm very much interested in reading the book She and I, from Michel Desmarquet.
As you've probably seen we've been trying to obtain it from many different sources and so far without success. Direct contacts even to libraries have been made and none of them has the book in stock.

Therefore if you agree, we can discuss the conditions and details of sending the book in a PM (personal message), which I will be most grateful.

To clarify things further, the sharing of a book with friends is not a copyright violation in any way, however some care is needed when digitizing (if to be done at all) and sending it to someone else because digital items can be placed on the Internet very easily and that will be a serious copyright infringement (I'm no legal expert I'm just applying logics).

Finally, to my knowledge, TP and "She and I" are the only books Michel wrote. And the latter is purely fiction (while the first is a true story). He mentioned he'd write one more book based on his previous lives, but I personally don't see the need for that, it's entirely concerning Michel and none of us else, besides mentioning a particular episode that happened to him in a previous life, can actually trigger a reaction in someone who is reading the book (the memories are somewhere "within" ourselves, we just don't remember them) this is called restimulation and can be psychologically quite harmful for the person (according to some psychologist's whose name or book I don't remember for the moment).

Past life exploration is something to be tackled very carefully aided by highly competent and ethical experts. "Solo" past life exploration, although I never did it, sounds a bit risky to me :-k
~William Wordsworth
Aisin

ptex wrote:Past life exploration is something to be tackled very carefully aided by highly competent and ethical experts. "Solo" past life exploration, although I never did it, sounds a bit risky to me :-k
I kind of agree here. Such explorations, including OBE etc, are not to be made the objective of our spiritual pursuit. These will be mastered naturally only when we're ready for them, some sort of by-products of spiritual advancement. Only after we've attained a certain level of enlightenment (well, hard to define explicitly, maybe a tranquil mind & compassionate actions at all times), then only such skills will become useful for us, otherwise they may cloud our mind and become obstacles instead. Knowledge of one's own past lives is neutral, but how & why we use it determines whether it is a good thing or not so good thing. Hence, only the ready ones should get in touch with it, and better to be guided by those qualified.
ptex

Book "She and I"

Dear friends,

I have already received and read the book "She and I" written by Michel.

A.Friend kindly sent it to me without any costs and now I'm asking who'd like to receive it next (send me PM). The conditions to receive the book are to read it and to pass it on to the next person, without costs for the latter.

I must say that I'm most surprised with this book.
First the timing the book arrived me was perfect because we had a nationwide referendum on the criminalization of abortion. Thus the book and also the public discussions that this subject brought contributed definitely to clearing my mind about this.

Second, the book is well written in a compelling style to read. It's based on a true story although obviously completely different from TP, Michel makes few strategic references to TP.

Given the previous opinions of the book (namely one somewhere that says that Michel's not a writer) I was ready to dismiss it as uninteresting and I started reading it with suspicion but I'm happy to report that for me it's been a surprisingly beautiful book to read. I simply couldn't put it down until I reached the last page.

So in my opinion, it's a book to read and remember. A story where kindness, friendship, courage, simplicity and love stand out as the greater lessons :)
~William Wordsworth
Leo

Doh!! I just found my copy of "She and I", thought I had lost it years ago. If anyone would like to read it you can also PM me and I will gladly forward it onto you :)
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
ptex

The Book "She and I" I received from A.Friend is traveling right now across the Atlantic Ocean towards Zio :sail:
~William Wordsworth
Leo

And my copy is on its way to Aisin :)
They have eyes, but they do not see - ears, but they do not hear...
Rezo

let me know b/c Id like to read this as well, getting curious :) enjoy
Zio

Thank you Ptex! I have received it yesterday! I'll probably finish this week and I'll pass it to someone else, probably Rezo :)
LVJ

She and I

Zio wrote:Thank you Ptex! I have received it yesterday! I'll probably finish this week and I'll pass it to someone else, probably Rezo :)
Hi guys :)
My name is Livija and I am new to this forum - I have just discovered it as I have been trying to find more information about TP and TFOC on the web. I have read both books last year and am now reading TP for the second time. I couldn't agree more with those who said that they learned something new each time they read the book and I know that I will read it again and again in the future.
I was pleasantly surprised to discover this forum and to realise how many other people had actually read the books. Thank you all for sharing your views and opinions, I hope to do the same. And PLEASE include me in the list of people who wish to read She and I - I would love to read it,too! I promise to pass it on to the next person, of course.