Where to find Michel Desmarquet's book "She and I"

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

ptex

Hi Livija,
Welcome to the forum!
I'm certain that shortly a book will find it's way to you: you'll be contacted when the time comes (soon I'm sure) :)
Our current 2 "traveling" copies are almost on opposite sides of the globe :D
Meanwhile enjoy your stay with us and if/when you feel like you may contribute with your opinion on the many ongoing discussions.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Zio

I have finished reading, and now ready to pass it to someone else. PM me if you want it :)

It is interesting to read it when we know French :) Lots of words are frenchlike, which may not be understandable to english people only. Even so, I couldn't understand some words :P If you link some passages of She & I to TP, you will discover some interesting facts not directly said. Overall, it's one of the most beautifully detailed story :)
Zio

I have now sent the book to Max, good reading :)
Aisin

I have finished reading the copy from Leo, and am ready to pass it on, PM me.
Otherwise I'll return it to Leo after 'time-out'.
Bruce

I have many copies of the She and I book

If anybody wants a copy of the She and I book by Michel Desmarquet, I have at least a couple of hundred of them (possibly more) at my house.

I'm not interested in making any money from selling the books, so if you are willing to pay for postage I'm happy to post you a copy.

You might be wondering how it is that I came to have a couple of hundred copies of this book. Back in 1997/1998 (I can't remember exactly when) I organised for Michel to come and give a lecture on Thiaoouba Prophecy in Brisbane, at the University of Queensland. Michel stayed with me for a few days, and during that time he asked if I would be willing to "store" some copies of She and I at my house, until he could work out what to do with them. I stayed in contact with Michel for maybe a year or two from that time, but eventually lost contact with him. Apparently he moved to Vietnam, lives in the jungle and is uncontactable. Apparently he left this civilisation saying it is too late to save it. At least, that is what Dr Tom told me when I emailed him asking if he knew where Michel was, because I still had all of the She and I books at my house!

Anyway, It's been years, and I still have not heard from Michel. Tonight I was doing a spring clean of my house, and happened upon the She and I books, which are still packed in their original packing boxes, unopened. I thought, "I should really look at getting rid of these books, but I don't want to just throw them out". So I googled "She and I Michel Desmarquet" and came across these forum posts. I must admit I felt a little guilty finding out that all this time people have been chasing this book, and I've got hundreds of them just sitting in my attic!

Anyway, if you want a copy, just contact me. My email is bruce_schneideritisbadtospamhotmaildotcom
(to obtain the correct e-mail adress, please substitute the itisbadtospam by @ and dot by . )

Cheers,

Bruce
ptex

Bruce,

Thank you very much for your message and what you shared!

I anonymized your e-mail above in order to cut your potential Spam effect caused by posting your e-mail address "on the clear" because it's well known that there are a great number of automatic bots and search engines who record e-mail addresses to feed spam lists. ;)
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Bruce

Thanks mate

Thanks ptex,

I was wondering about the spam thing myself, which is why I gave an email address that already gets heaps of spam, so I figured it didn't matter too much. So thankyou for saving me from a potentially large amount of fresh spam :D

I shoud also mention to anyone else reading this that I am located in Brisbane, Australia. I have already received one request to post the She and I book internationally, which is fine, but you'll have to understand that I'm by no means any kind of businessman, so I might take a little time to get postage quotes and to work out the best method for people to reimburse me for postage costs. So your patience and understanding is appreciated.

Cheers folks,

Bruce
Zio

T_T! Hi everyone! hope that everyone read the PM. In case there is people who don't know what's happening, there's an exchange issue here :)

So... Bruce, Ptex, A.Friend, Max. Hi.

Ok, first, A.Friend gave She and I to Ptex. Ptex gave me the book. I gave the book to Max. Max wants to give it back to me, but it's not mine. Bruce have hundred of copies. Max said Bruce can give one copy to me, but I say to give it to A.Friend because he's the real owner.

Bruce, Max thinks I'm the owner of the copy of "She and I" I sent to him. He asked me if he could pay the postage so that I get one of your copy as one of the option to get a copy of "She and I". I don't personally need it because I finished reading it, so Max, can you do the offer to A.Friend so that he gets one copy too?

And Max, if Bruce doesn't give a copy to A.Friend, can you send your copy to A.Friend? Also, when you said that Bruce can give me a copy, what did you intend to do with the other copy you currently have? :P

So... who's getting who's copy? :twisted: :lol: :P
Bruce

Who wants a copy?

Zio,

I found your post as confusing to understand as the picture of the necker cube that you have as your profile picture *laugh*

Anyway, I'll let you guys sort out who needs a copy of the book. Once you've worked it out, email me the address, and I'll post it.

Cheers,

Bruce
Matt

Hey Bruce, I sent you an email. I'm giving this thread a bump for anyone else who might want the book.
Bruce

Update on She and I book

Hi all, just a quick update. I have received several requests so far for the She and I book, and I have been happy to post books to those who want one. I just wanted to let people know the following:

1) I live in Brisbane, Australia. So postage costs within Australia tend to be around $3AUD (at least that seems to be the pattern so far). International postage tends to be about $10AUD (so far I have posted the book to Portugal, USA & China!).

2) I have now created a Paypal account to make it easy to reimburse me for postage costs. Although I'm not making any money from these books (nor do I want to), I do appreciate people helping out with postage costs as I simply can't afford to absorb postage costs each time I send the book to someone.

3) I can only make it to the post office once a week, due to work comittments, so I appreciate your patience and understanding that you won't receive the book overnight, so to speak.

Hope that answers some questions.

Cheers,

Bruce
gog

I hope i'm not too late to get a copy...

just email ya Bruce..
Bruce

Further Update on She and I book

Hi all,

I'm Bruce, the guy who has the copies of the She and I book which I've been posting to people who have requested it (please read previous posts in this thread for the full story).

I still have many copies of the book left (as at March 2008), and am happy to keep posting the book to people who want a copy, however, for a number of reasons I have had to review my policy on postage:

1) I now require payment in advance for postage. Once I have received the payment (via paypal), I will post the book.

2) For postage within Australia I am charging a $3AUD flat fee. For countries outside Australia (international postage) I am charging a $10AUD flat fee.

To arrange for a copy of the book, please email me at bruce_schneideritisbadtospamhotmaildotcom. to ascertain the actual email address replace the words itisbadtospam with @ and dot with .

I will need your postal address. I will reply to your email confirming that you wish to go ahead and have me send a paypal invoice for postage costs. Upon receipt of payment, I will post the book. I can only make it to the post office once a week, usually on a Friday, so please be patient. I will send another email once the book has been posted.

This new postage policy is a result of a) people not paying for postage who said they would, and b) ongoing costs associated with postage (e.g. packaging, paypal transaction fees, paypal annual account fees, etc). I wish to reiterate that it is not my desire to make any money out of these books - I believe the above-mentioned postage costs are reasonable and will allow me to keep posting books to those who want them, whilst not losing out on the deal myself.

Cheers,

Bruce
straedearts

Re: Where to find Michel Desmarquet's book "She and I"

Please email me admin AT klongnin DOT com if you or anyone has a copy of She and I ,
If there is a copy about in your attic - please let me know,

Thank you and best wishes from Melbourne, :D

M.
ptex

Re: Where to find Michel Desmarquet's book "She and I"

I'd suggest you contact Bruce yourself by e-mail.
There's an e-mail icon on the right side of his post above, either this or a private message, but e-mail is better in my opinion :-)