Inspirational / educational movies and TV programmes

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

Psi

Inspirational / educational movies and TV programmes

shezmear wrote:Did you like the matrix movies?
Yes, for the most part. I liked the mix of philosophy, metaphysics and action. I have always thought that this approach - melding entertainment and education - is the best way (perhaps the only way) to get through to the general public. Needless to say, the trilogy was a little too violent at times, but overall I think it has helped open people up to deeper issues that they previous wouldn't have considered.

The same goes for The Da Vinci Code (I read the book and have just seen the movie). While we all know "the truth" - I think the book and movie serve a purpose - they get people think independently beyond what they're fed in church / society. It has opened the eyes of a few of my friends and led them on to more important works, including TP.
shezmear

Psi wrote:
shezmear wrote:Did you like the matrix movies?
Yes, for the most part. I liked the mix of philosophy, metaphysics and action. I have always thought that this approach - melding entertainment and education - is the best way (perhaps the only way) to get through to the general public. Needless to say, the trilogy was a little too violent at times, but overall I think it has helped open people up to deeper issues that they previous wouldn't have considered.

The same goes for The Da Vinci Code (I read the book and have just seen the movie). While we all know "the truth" - I think the book and movie serve a purpose - they get people think independently beyond what they're fed in church / society. It has opened the eyes of a few of my friends and led them on to more important works, including TP.
Yes I aggree, I saw The Da Vinci code as well, just 2 weeks ago, I thought it was good to see some truth to the whole religion gig set out for all to see, sure there were some adds ins, but there were also some good points made that one can research for one`s self.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
Robanan

I saw "The Omen" remade to show so many lies and nonsense to which I lost count by the end of the movie.
Psi

I haven't seen it but thought as much. Nice marketing ploy, though, releasing it on 6-6-06!

Is anyone interested in starting a post regarding your favourite inspirational / 'educational' / mind expanding TV and movies. It could be useful to compare notes and expand our own libraries.

If so, here's some that work for me are:

TV:
* X Files
* The Outer Limits
* The Twilight Zone
* The Dead Zone

Movies:
* The Dead Zone
* Always
* Starman
* The Abyss
* Contact

Stuff that didn't make the grade:

TV:
* Taken

Movies:
* Mars Attacks

(There's plenty more but I can't think of them now)
"The unexamined life is not worth living."
~ Socrates
Robanan

There are many movies that I enjoyed very much, including the matrix and the lord of the rings, Others are the other movies with Tom Hanks playing like The green mile, Forest Gump and the Terminal to just name a few. There is another movie which I will never forget; Equilibrium, a mansterpiece of it's kind.
shezmear

Psi wrote:I haven't seen it but thought as much. Nice marketing ploy, though, releasing it on 6-6-06!

Is anyone interested in starting a post regarding your favourite inspirational / 'educational' / mind expanding TV and movies. It could be useful to compare notes and expand our own libraries.

TV:
* X Files
* The Outer Limits
* The Twilight Zone
* The Dead Zone

Movies:
* The Dead Zone
* Always
* Starman
* The Abyss
* Contact

Stuff that didn't make the grade:

TV:
* Taken

Movies:
* Mars Attacks

(There's plenty more but I can't think of them now)
Yes I have been thinking about a favourite movie place on the forum for some time, I`m up for it.
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
survivor

Hi Psi, welcome to the forum.
Psi wrote:

TV:
* X Files
* The Outer Limits
* The Twilight Zone
* The Dead Zone
* 4400? ( I only saw the first 3 episodes. It looked promising )
Psi wrote: Movies:
* The Dead Zone
* Always
* Starman
* The Abyss
* Contact
* The Abyss .....'directors cut'. Almost Pointless without the tidal wave.
* The Jacket
* Dune (we need more spice). :)
an act against {free will} is an act against nature