Name this fruit

This forum is intended to cater for topics that do not strictly relate to the book "Thiaoouba Prophecy", "She and I", and other closely related material.

Moderator: Moderators

survivor

Name this fruit

Laikoti was the name then, how about nowadays?

[Pg 92 TP]

‘Fruit trees were laden with fruit, bowing under the weight of oranges,
mandarins or apples, according to latitude. Exotic fruits, of kinds that actually no
longer exist on Earth, were harvested in abundance. One such fruit, called the
Laikoti, possessed a property that caused an excitation of brain activity, allowing
whoever ate it to solve problems which would normally be beyond them. This
property was not actually a drug but the fruit was, nevertheless, condemned by
the sages. The Laikoti was only authorised to be planted in the gardens of the
King.2
‘Man being what he is, however, the fruit was secretly planted in various places
throughout the continent. Those caught with the fruit were harshly punished for
they had directly disobeyed the King of Mu. In matters of religion and
government, he was to be obeyed absolutely, as he was the representative of the
Great Spirit.
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
Yothu

Chakra Shirt?
Not exactly a fruit, but I think it has a very similiar effect on your mind's capabilities. At least I could concentrate far better and translate more fluidly when putting on that shirt. I do not wear it anymore but I remember that when I did not wear it for a few nights and days at the times when I was used to it, I awfully felt "ordinarily human".
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.
shezmear

Re: Name this fruit

survivor wrote:Laikoti was the name then, how about nowadays?

[Pg 92 TP]

‘Fruit trees were laden with fruit, bowing under the weight of oranges,
mandarins or apples, according to latitude. Exotic fruits, of kinds that actually no
Laikoti, possessed a property that caused an excitation of brain activity, allowing
whoever ate it to solve problems which would normally be beyond them. This
property was not actually a drug but the fruit was, nevertheless, condemned by
the sages. The Laikoti was only authorised to be planted in the gardens of the
King.2
‘Man being what he is, however, the fruit was secretly planted in various places
throughout the continent. Those caught with the fruit were harshly punished for
they had directly disobeyed the King of Mu. In matters of religion and
government, he was to be obeyed absolutely, as he was the representative of the
Great Spirit.
I must say I find that it bothers me that the king of MU was a so called "representative of the great spirit", would punish me for eating a fruit, that was created by the handy work of the great spirit...and yet he grew it him self...

Am I missing something?

While I am on my issue`s with authority, I also found the part in TP were Michel was a princess and he had all these servents bowing and I think from memory kissing his feet, correct me if I am wrong I have not read it in a while,

That to me is back to the dark ages...

Sorry about being off topic but it is something I have noticed...
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
bomohwkl

Can I have one Laikoti??
Yothu

bomohwkl wrote:Can I have one Laikoti??
Encountering some trouble, bomoh?

@shezmear: Yes, reading this passage of TP reminded me too of an absolutistic monarch or even the pope representing "god" on Earth.
The thing is, imagine poppies only to be grown on a presidents property. Wouldn't we be far better of if he'd consume the sh!t only by himself? And his staff of course ... "think tank"...
Whoa yay, now it makes better sense to me where they get their ideas from... smoking all that ... ya know ... puffing it all in the morning ...

Speaking about authority: As I understood from the emerald tablets the Atlanteans "did not behave well" and the Thaori sunk their whole continent...
... so I guess they'd (the Muians) be better off with that punishment from planting that fruit...
ptex

Re: Name this fruit

shezmear wrote:I must say I find that it bothers me that the king of MU was a so called "representative of the great spirit", would punish me for eating a fruit, that was created by the handy work of the great spirit...and yet he grew it him self...

Am I missing something? (...)

Sorry about being off topic but it is something I have noticed...
Not off topic at all.
First as you may agree, authority is needed at certain times, Thao speaks about this in page [80]
"If the child should require physical punishment, as unfortunately, is sometimes the case, isn’t it important that the parent be physically stronger than the child?
Certain adults, who refuse to listen and who are absolutely stubborn, also need to
be corrected by physical means."
Second, what planet category are we in? Many of us are learning discipline, a simple but hard lesson for those who rebel easily ;)

Third there must have been a reason for this prohibition and a strong one for the king was a spiritually highly evolved being.

Let's conceptualize a few possibilities in this last domain...

If this plant induces a state of mind which is not natural and the product of the person's own development then why should it be allowed? For the person to be able to do something he/she wouldn't normally be able to do? Why? To cheat on the exams for example? To boast to others about something he or she wouldn't normally be able to do? What's the purpose of evolution then, we can simply eat a piece of this plant and immediately have the capability to do things we wouldn't do by the natural order of things.

I don't know about you but to me there seems to a contradiction regarding the "natural law" of evolution. Since we're here to evolve spiritually, this prohibition seems to be quite logical.

What fruit can this "Laikoti" be? The closest candidate I know of is Guarana - a plant from the Amazon region (Northern Brazil and Venezuela) - whose seed contains caffeine (sometimes called guaranine), theophylline, theobromine and other chemicals. Water extracts of the guarana plant exert stimulation upon the central nervous system due to the caffeine content.

We can wonder about the plant or fruit whose properties are the closest to this "Laikoti" but analysing the context of Thao's phrasing, this plant very probably doesn't exist anymore:
(...)Exotic fruits, of kinds that actually no
Laikoti(...)
shezmear

Ptex, I think authority is essential to any civilisation, like the running of a ship someone needs to make the calls...

But I don`t aggree with banning a plant then growing your self,also I`m not willing to trade my own con-science because someone is spritual, or so called more evolved then me,I`m not saying we let the whole country eat it but, if you are going to ban it then ban it.

"Third there must have been a reason for this prohibition and a strong one for the king was a spiritually highly evolved being"

I`m sure he had his reasons, you can`t have half the country wondering about "ripped" on Laikoti...again, I would not grow it my self to set an example to others...

and Yothu yes, "absolutistic monarch or even the pope representing "god" on Earth" it does not wash with me...

Yothu, Do you really think that the thiaoouba`s sunk their country?

If so, then they must have been a lot worse then U.S.A...that`s pritty bad...
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
bomohwkl

It was harvested in abundance. So, who eat it? Besides, eating such fruits could help them to figure out the land they were living in was under a giant volcanoes.....
Yothu

The Emerald Tablets of Thoth 5 wrote:Light there was in ancient ATLANTIS.
Yet, darkness, too, was hidden in all.

Fell from the Light into the darkness,
some who had risen to heights among men.

Proud they became because of their knowledge,
proud were they of their place among men.
Deep delved they into the forbidden,
opened the gateway that led to below.

Sought they to gain ever more knowledge but
seeking to bring it up from below.

He who descends below must have balance,
else he is bound by lack of our Light.

Opened, they then,
by their knowledge,
pathways forbidden to man.

But, in His Temple, all-seeing, the DWELLER,
lay in his AGWANTI, while through Atlantis,
His soul roamed free.

Saw HE the Atlanteans, by their magic,
opening the gateway that would
bring to Earth a great woe.

Fast fled His soul then, back to His body.
Up HE arose from His AGWANTI.
Called HE the Three mighty messengers.
Gave the commands that shattered the world.
Deep 'neath Earth's crust to the HALLS of AMENTI,
swiftly descended the DWELLER.
Called HE then on the powers the Seven Lords wielded;
changed the Earth's balance.

Down sank Atlantis beneath the dark waves.
Shattered the gateway that had been opened;
shattered the doorway that led down below.
All of the islands were shattered except UNAL,
and part of the island of the sons of the DWELLER.
Sounds to me like "Thaori Power"!
dloheb

Where do you get the idea that was the seven Thaori?
bomohwkl

It was just a natural disaster. I don't think Thaori would harm a single innocent soul.
Yothu

Well, I can. Let's just agree that we disagree here.
My assumption is based on what I read in the Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean and my free association. You are free to believe - of course - what you want. Anyway, this is going to get off-topic.
Robanan

yeah absurd and off-topic
ptex

bomohwkl wrote:It was just a natural disaster. I don't think Thaori would harm a single innocent soul.
I agree in absolute!

On Page 142 Thao mentions:
"We required a messenger who would be able to persuade humanity that there was another life beyond this one, through reincarnation of the Astral body, etc. This was no longer commonly accepted since civilisation on Earth had become more and more degraded following the disappearance of Atlantis."
Although not clearly mentioned I assume this disappearance happened due to a huge natural disaster, very probably the very same which sunk the continent of MU. Thao here talks about the disappearance of a whole continent... please notice its size (excerpt taken from page 129 - TP): "
Atlantis, like the continent of Mu, did exist and was situated in the northern hemisphere, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. It was attached to Europe, and linked to America by an isthmus and to Africa by another isthmus at about the latitude of the Canary Islands. Its area was slightly greater than that of Australia.
"
That's a slightly large area to sink wouldn't you agree?

Analysing the following paragraph (Page 94 - TP):
"So, as I said, they colonised the continent of Atlantis. Many white people from Atlantis preferred, at the time, to emigrate to the region of Northern Europe, as they didn’t accept the new government and the new religion coming from Mu."
We can deduce that in Atlantis the great majority of people were the colonizers from MU. It doesn't seem logical to me that the people of Thiaoouba would take any action against the people of whom they were very good friends and who openly came to visit their King.

So, Yothu, sorry to disagree here, but it just isn't possible to happen, no matter what this "Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean" or any other book say in this regard.
Rezo

My books upstairs and I'm lazy --- i miss the online search engine for it :( anyway I - for some reason-- used to be able to memorize nearly all of it.....I am almost totally sure that Thao mentioned that the continenal sinkings were mentioned as 'natural events'.

Ive also heard other theories that the minor religious arguements way back then over astral reincarnation supposedly became a war and atlantis had weapons very high tech but got sunk through misuse of earthquake weapons, and there was nuclear war in what is now northern india [mohenjo-daro radiation, emperor ashoka [was that later?], stories of vimanas etc].

The truth, to me, is in between. I think its quite possible that there was a larger war going on w/those two earth colonies than the book mentions, perhaps since we dont 'need' to know about it -- or because it really never happened that way. All this skepticism probably comes from the hard-to-swallow idea of an entire continent just spontaneously Sinking! But maybe it did, maybe it didnt.....I dont know but I would also assume that Thao is telling the truth.

I admit its hard to picture...