Atomic War or Core Blast?

A place to discuss matters of bygone times that are forgotten, but are recovered so that humanity is no longer condemned to repeat history as it so often does.

Moderator: Moderators

Kestrel

I think that earth is probally engineered to in a sence "Self destruct" perhaps.
How would you set this self destruct? How would or by what means rather would this self destruct execute.
Lachie

If our core gets smaller and lighter, wouldn't that result in observable changes in our orbit?

Thao does not say how the earth will be destroyed, so a chain of natural disasters would be possible too if global warming gets out of control.

Just playing devils advocate here. It's ironic, isn't it, that this is the one thing we can never be sure of, that we can never verify. Not until it happens. I don't really think any of us could do much to prevent it, besides perhaps inventing a clean motor and forcing governments to accept its use.

Lachie

PS. Just thought of something interesting - perhaps we were much closer to the sun in ages past, resulting in larger amounts of sunlight hitting the earth, which could be recorded in the fossil record somewhere. Just a thought. If the core did get lighter, would it recede from the sun and cause less sunlight to hit the surface?
God is a games designer =]
Zark

Meedan wrote:The Book is saying that our pollution of the environment may cause the Earth to disappear, and as far as I know, there is only one way that can be.
Sorry Meedan, I believe this to be a matter of interpretation (But please do not take offense to my opinion on this). I will of course try to check into it further, rather than flatly reject your view.

I am quite willing to entertain the possibility of Tom's theory being correct. However for the time being, my intuition suggests nuclear war will provoke the catastrophe (perhaps through drastic climate changes caused by a nuclear winter.. think of Krakatoa for an example).

I do not wish to be closed minded.. I will search through the book and look for terms such as "planet", "explosion", "nuclear", "core", "reactor", etc. And try to find quotes to support each side of the argument.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Zark

Meedan wrote:In my opinion, The Book almost explicitly refers to the danger coming from global warming, and gives many hints about the core.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepage ... h_/env.htm
Thank you Meedan for that link, I finally checked it out and it is far more direct than I had previously thought. I was under the impression that the planet wide destruction could have been a reference to a planet wide holocaust as occurred with the Bakaratinians in pages 30 to 32.

folks, please check out that link so you know what Meedan is basing his statements on. It is too much to quote here, but I sincerely urge you all to read pages 163 and 164 again. as my quotes below are too superficial.

with metta :sunny:
z

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TP page 163 to 164:

'For approximately 140 years on your planet, man has been accelerating the destruction of Nature and the pollution of the environment. This has happened since the discovery of steam power and the combustion engine. You have but a few years left in which to arrest the pollution before the situation becomes irreversible. One of the principal pollutants on Earth is the petrol-driven engine and this could be replaced immediately with a hydrogen engine which would cause no pollution, so to speak.

...a group has well and truly stifled the business of the hydrogen motor so that it is no longer mentioned.'...

...they are making a big mistake, for the source of the coming disasters is the pollution which is growing daily on our planet, and its consequences will be felt very soon - much sooner than you can imagine . . .'

"‘Unfortunately, in the case that concerns us, the consequences are much more serious than the burn of a child. It’s the destruction of your entire planet that is at risk - with no second chance if you don’t place your trust in those who want to help you."
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Vesko

Meedan wrote:Have you asked Tom about these issues? It is important that we understand it now, not keep these questions to ourselves and claim that it's probably not true.
I didn't claim it was PROBABLY untrue, I claimed that it MAY be untrue. I'm 50% for Tom's theory and 50% against him, since as I said I lack the knowledge to even make an educated guess. I also claimed that we should keep ourselves open to all the possibilities. However, now I'm starting to waver to support Tom's and your view more (see below).
Exactly. So how is polluting the environment going to cause a massive object or a star to come and engulf us?
I just gave a straight answer, and admit that it has nothing to do with self-inflicted environmental pollution.

The Book is saying that our pollution of the environment may cause the Earth to disappear, and as far as I know, there is only one way that can be.

Only now I followed the link that you kindly provided, thinking I didn't need to. I, like Zark, was surprised by the directness, and previously thought it means more a planet-wide holocaust. Hmmmm. I think those two quotes are crucial:

"If the Earth disappears, as a result of horrific cataclysms, they assume they will already be dead"
"It's the destruction of your entire planet which is at risk - with no second chance if you don't place your trust in those who want help you"

I really don't know, Meedan, but now I can agree that the book supports more your view than my neutral one. I'll stop posting further on the subject as not to make a fool of myself. I'm still trying to be openminded but admit that there is probably only one way that the Earth could disappear. Thank you for being persistent in the argument. I'd like to see Tom's revised work, too. We should also note that we are not forced by anyone, including Tom, to wait for this theory to be proved. It may be too late when and if it happens. By cutting down pollution from our own individual actions and uniting to do all that, we can prevent the disaster, regardless of the reason. The problem is that it is so hard to inspire many people to correct their ways. IMHO the best way I have found is to give a great personal example to others.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Meedan

Vesko wrote:
Meedan wrote:Have you asked Tom about these issues? It is important that we understand it now, not keep these questions to ourselves and claim that it's probably not true.
I didn't claim it was PROBABLY untrue, I claimed that it MAY be untrue. I'm 50% for Tom's theory and 50% against him, since as I said I lack the knowledge to even make an educated guess. I also claimed that we should keep ourselves open to all the possibilities. However, now I'm starting to waver to support Tom's and your view more (see below).
I couldn't think of a better way to make it clear that I wasn't intending that directly for you. I meant it as a message to all.

I see so many people find what they see as a contradiction in The Book or TFOC. Instead of asking a question to try to resolve it, they do nothing. They then naturally assume that The Book or TFOC is not true.

If we find a problem with things as important as this, it is vital that we get it resolved, and not assume that the problem has not been addressed or that something remains unproven.

The core article may be offline now, but I'm sure Tom will still answer questions about the theory, and resolve problems you have with it.
With Love
Vesko

Meedan wrote:I see so many people find what they see as a contradiction in The Book or TFOC. Instead of asking a question to try to resolve it, they do nothing. They then naturally assume that The Book or TFOC is not true.
My impression from the people on this forum is that they are quite level-headed and are not jumping to conclusions. I gather that you are basing your judgement on all people in general that you've talked to about the issue.
If we find a problem with things as important as this, it is vital that we get it resolved, and not assume that the problem has not been addressed or that something remains unproven.

The core article may be offline now, but I'm sure Tom will still answer questions about the theory, and resolve problems you have with it.
The problem is that "we" are not able to get it resolved because most of us are not experts in geophysics, actually far from it. No scientist, including Tom, can RIGOROUSLY prove his/her research to a non-expert audience. Non-experts may BELIEVE that they understand the proof, but unless they are at an adequate knowledge level to derive every step and detail in the proof all by themselves, they CANNOT be sure that they KNOW the truth. That's why there exists the peer review procedure, where your work is scrutinized by other scientists in the field. That's why, even if they suppress your work without even looking at it, you have to persevere and approach scientists personally, so that they get individually acquainted with your work and eventually present it before the more skeptical scientists, forcing them to do an official review. It's a very laborious process, but there is no other alternative, simply because the rest of the world would lack the knowledge to do such a proper review at all. Once such reviews are finished, the theory is going to be widely published and it is going to be looked at by even more scientists. Experiments are going to be set up, the theory is going to be adjusted to the gathered real experimental data, and eventually the non-experts would be informed of the resultant solid theory if there is anything new to announce at all. We would still BELIEVE those experts about it, but this entire process would serve as a filter that non-experts are unable to make.
Of course it doesn't mean that we should stand still and wait for the official announcement on TV. Each of us can study and help in various ways in order to accelerate this process.
I will state the obvious: Tom's work has to be peer reviewed for anything to be proven. He has withdrawn it, so NO conclusive proof can be reached presently.
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Meedan

Vesko wrote:
Meedan wrote:I see so many people find what they see as a contradiction in The Book or TFOC. Instead of asking a question to try to resolve it, they do nothing. They then naturally assume that The Book or TFOC is not true.
My impression from the people on this forum is that they are quite level-headed and are not jumping to conclusions. I gather that you are basing your judgement on all people in general that you've talked to about the issue.

Of course. I am talking about many different people I have spoken to (including some of my own friends).
The problem is that "we" are not able to get it resolved because most of us are not experts in geophysics, actually far from it. No scientist, including Tom, can RIGOROUSLY prove his/her research to a non-expert audience. Non-experts may BELIEVE that they understand the proof, but unless they are at an adequate knowledge level to derive every step and detail in the proof all by themselves, they CANNOT be sure that they KNOW the truth. That's why there exists the peer review procedure, where your work is scrutinized by other scientists in the field. That's why, even if they suppress your work without even looking at it, you have to persevere and approach scientists personally, so that they get individually acquainted with your work and eventually present it before the more skeptical scientists, forcing them to do an official review. It's a very laborious process, but there is no other alternative, simply because the rest of the world would lack the knowledge to do such a proper review at all. Once such reviews are finished, the theory is going to be widely published and it is going to be looked at by even more scientists. Experiments are going to be set up, the theory is going to be adjusted to the gathered real experimental data, and eventually the non-experts would be informed of the resultant solid theory if there is anything new to announce at all. We would still BELIEVE those experts about it, but this entire process would serve as a filter that non-experts are unable to make.
Of course it doesn't mean that we should stand still and wait for the official announcement on TV. Each of us can study and help in various ways in order to accelerate this process.
I agree. However, this has nothing to do with asking questions. One has the level of expertise of one's problem or question though. If you see a problem somewhere, you must have had the expertise to see that problem. So you can get specific questions resolved.

It is a shame that the process takes so long, especially considering the Thiaoouba Prophecy quotes (emphasis mine):

"You have but a few years left in which to arrest the pollution before the situation becomes irreversible."

'These people couldn't care less what might happen to your planet in years to come. Selfishly, they seek their gains, expecting to be dead before 'whatever is going to happen' happens. If the Earth disappears, as a result of horrific cataclysms, they assume they will already be dead.'

'There, they are making a big mistake, for the source of the coming disasters is the pollution which is growing daily on your planet, and its consequences will be felt very soon - much sooner than you can imagine . . .'

I think the next solar maximum is in 2011...

I will state the obvious: Tom's work has to be peer reviewed for anything to be proven. He has withdrawn it, so NO conclusive proof can be reached presently.
I just asked Tom when he expects the revision to be complete. He said "Next month I should have a serious version".
With Love
Vesko

Meedan wrote:I agree. However, this has nothing to do with asking questions. One has the level of expertise of one's problem or question though. If you see a problem somewhere, you must have had the expertise to see that problem. So you can get specific questions resolved.
No matter how many questions we ask, most of us (in general) will never (in this life) gather enough expertise to follow every single detail of Tom Chalko's proposed theory. That's why many experts are needed. I am not arguing against the fact that we can dabble and resolve our own little problems with the theory, only that non-experts like most of us cannot know the final truth about it.
Lachie

http://lachie.antissa.com/library/core.pdf

Might come in handy.

How ironic that the one thing we need to verify is the one thing we cannot...

Lachie
Meedan

Vesko wrote: No matter how many questions we ask, most of us (in general) will never (in this life) gather enough expertise to follow every single detail of Tom Chalko's proposed theory. That's why many experts are needed. I am not arguing against the fact that we can dabble and resolve our own little problems with the theory, only that non-experts like most of us cannot know the final truth about it.
What I am trying to get across is one of the main messages of 'The Freedom of Choice'.

We may not have the expertise to know if every part of the theory is true. However, what we can do is make sure everything that we can understand at our level of knowledge/understanding makes sense to us.

It is the same way with spiritual evolution. I don't have the expertise to understand and know every part of the universe. What I can do is make sure that everything that I perceive makes sense to me at my current level of understanding. It is vital that I resolve any inconsistencies in my understanding.

That is why it is important to look out for anything about the core theory that doesn't make sense to you, or seems wrong. Then you can ask about it, or start working to find the answer yourself.
With Love
Vesko

And in trying to understand and resolve our problems with it, we can even help Tom in his quest :). Thank you for your input, Meedan. I would like to also thank you on behalf of all the others on this forum for turning our attention to the relevant passages that some of us (me! #-o) have forgotten. :)
I am hopeful that one does not need to be a geophysics expert to understand the truth about the core. Various psychic abilities can help anyone with discipline in that regard, and I do intend to pursue that path as well.
bomohwkl

"If the Earth disappears, as a result of horrific cataclysms, they assume they will already be dead"

I have talked about core blast with a few of friends. They all hope that they die before it happens! How selfish we are.

Besides, the CO2 emission is linked to the economy performance. It is back to money. Do you want to be out of job or unemployed? I think some sort of cataclysms are certain in future! I still plotting my plan.
Lachie

Thats weird, man! I would love to see 500-foot walls of lava, i would love to speed up into space on a piece of rock as the earth explodes. You would see things that few other people have seen on other planets. It would be cool fun :) Not so cool to burn to death but hey, thems the breaks.

Lachie
Kestrel

Lachie wrote:Thats weird, man! I would love to see 500-foot walls of lava, i would love to speed up into space on a piece of rock as the earth explodes. You would see things that few other people have seen on other planets. It would be cool fun :) Not so cool to burn to death but hey, thems the breaks.

Lachie
Dunno I doubt that would be a very lingering death. I think it be a minute deal there.