Sound Pollution and the Astral Body

Discussion on preserving Nature: preventing the pollution, destruction and disbalancing of the finely-tuned natural ecosystems on our planet.

Moderator: Moderators

Rezo

I am concerned and wish to figure out ways to protect my astral self from these damaging noise frequencies.

In other words, ways to prevent UNWANTED noise from reaching us, from manmade electromagnetic sources.

If there was a technology the human race needs here on earth against unprovoked types of astral impingement/damage, it is a protection technology!

...and it would seem to me that creating something like that is not within our capacity yet [unless a high-power noise cancellation protection device can be produced to this end].
Psi

Now hear this ... the answer is EARPLUGS!..

There is one way that you can avoid or lessen the impact of loud noise on your astral body.

Earplugs.

The key is in this one-liner from the Book:
The sounds that reach your ears are clearly very important
I know what you’re going to say – sound is vibration and the vibration will still penetrate / affect the astral body.

Not so, according to what Michel said in one of his final series of lectures in Melbourne in the late 1990s. He supported that claim by reminding people of his experience on Thiaoouba – how Thao gave him a mask to wear which filtered much of the radiant light of that planet. Light, as we know, is also a vibration – so, applying the same principle as sound, you would think that their ‘loud’ light would have penetrated / affected his astral body just as we think loud noise would. But, according to Michel, it did not.

Here’s a couple of quotes from the Book:
‘The second point,’ Thao resumed, ‘is that you will be obliged to wear a mask, for a while at least, for the brightness and the colours will literally intoxicate you, just as if you had drunk alcohol. The colours are vibrations that act on certain points on your physiological body. On Earth, these points are so slightly stimulated, so little exercised, that here, consequences could be unfortunate.’
‘How do you feel in your new voki Michel? Do you find the light tolerable?’ … ‘Your new voki allows fifty per cent of the vibrations of colour on our planet to pass, whereas your former voki subdued all but twenty per cent.’
And one final point regarding the damage you may have already done to your astral body from noise pollution and/or drugs. You can repair, even reverse the effects by connecting with your Higher Self.

Yes, good old fashioned meditation.

Simplicity, as we know, is far superior to complexity.
"The unexamined life is not worth living."
~ Socrates
survivor

Headache pills will treat the system but not the cause. It can also mask the damage.

Earplugs will treat the system but not the cause. It can also mask the damage. Let us not be misled.
an act against {free will} is an act against nature
Psi

Maybe you should read take a look at the other post on this subject:
http://www.goldenplanetforum.com/viewto ... =7617#7617

No one is trying to mislead you - I am just sharing what Michel has said. I think Ptex's idea of a scientific experiment is a good way to confirm or refute the claim rather than dismissing it without any investigation or thought.
~ Socrates
shezmear

well it crossed my mind, I`m not sure wether I want to run the test that is stand in front of something very loud with ear plugs in for 30 mintues and seeing what happens to my mind.....
By their deeds shall you know them.
J.C
ptex

shezmear wrote:well it crossed my mind, I`m not sure wether I want to run the test that is stand in front of something very loud with ear plugs in for 30 mintues and seeing what happens to my mind.....
Well, I happen to have answered that concern in another post (we keep shifting between these 2 threads on this subject quite often don't we?) ;)

Quoting it here I personally refuse in submitting people to any kind of excessive noise. My proposal is actually to remain safely below the danger level but in a way that we can still take conclusions about the danger of excessive noise. Hope to have reasured you on this :D
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
Psi

ptex wrote:Well, I happen to have answered that concern in another post (we keep shifting between these 2 threads on this subject quite often don't we?) ;)
As you say, Ptex, these two threads seem to have taken on a life of their own.

Is their any value in combining them into one thread, so that readers - present and future - get the whole picture?
~ Socrates
Zio

Psi wrote: Is their any value in combining them into one thread, so that readers - present and future - get the whole picture?
Hum, I replied to the other thread, and we're not talking about the same thing.

I have never been to a discotecque, but last Halloween, they were doing a huge Costume parade at my school. I could FEEL HUGE vibrations, like constant mini quakes. I knew that this was bad, so I left... I thought that I was putting my Ipod too loud... I listen to my Ipod because like car traffic noise, subway produce noises too. Is it good to listen to music? I put my volume just enough to hear the lyrics... and at home, I put music very low. Is it still bad? And what about guitar, piano and other instrument without amplification? And what about singing? With and without amplification, is it bad? Of course, I'm talking about good singing here, not screeching like a girl XP.

One more thing... I know that it's bad to listen to music when sleeping (I never knew that we could, I can't sleep with noises), so I'm telling my friends to stop it. What about our computer humming? Is every annoying noise bad eventually??
ronald

Re: Sound Pollution and the Astral Body

Does anyone know if there are noise neutralizing devices, something you could put in front of your home window to shield any noise.
jonansoy

I think there are these kind of devices. Maybe, it is something like a paper or whatever to block the sound from penetrating. Actually I am not very sure. I just guess so.
BlueHaze

Where I live we have double glasses in windows because of winter, or even triple glass near noisy areas (like train stations etc.).. these block out the noises quite effectively.

I know there are active cancellation devices where same sound is played back with inverse phase so the noise cancels out. They use it in some luxury cars or in some headphones for example. Not sure if there is a device for home use though, or whether it even completely cures the problem..

It's an interesting question though how will the noise affect the astral body. Is it directly through the ear canal or can it also happen through the body from sound pressure? I guess there was no direct answer to this. However we could conclude something from the notion that astral body is made from electrons and no one has been able to take picture of astral body yet, like they say in the book. As it happens AFAIK to be true that no one has been able to take a picture of an electron yet either..

Anyway if matter can be affected through sound (like levitate or shape pyramid stones), it would be agreeable to a point that it can also damage it. I remember Thao used the analogy of static in a TV picture.. so I guess the effect to astral body could be similar. To what intensity and to what degree, not sure. Most people still go on living after being exposed to loud noises throughout their live, but it might be that it might create some additional difficulties in ones spiritual development.. At least until the astral body has been rebuilt again by time.

Just guessing here, as we can't really know for sure, can we? I know I did my own share damaging my astral body when I went to clubs / raves when I was younger. Sometimes the music was so loud I could literally feel it in my stomach :shock: :lol:
ptex

On the subject of Active noise control

Such technology exists and we can already find it in some consumer products, as BlueHaze rightly pointed out.
The technology is called active noise control (aka noise cancellation, active noise reduction (ANR) or antinoise) and is a method for reducing unwanted sound.

Here's a small except of wikipedia's article regarding Active Noise control:
Wikipedia wrote:A noise-cancellation speaker emits a sound wave with the same amplitude but with inverted phase (also known as antiphase) to the original sound. The waves combine to form a new wave, in a process called interference, and effectively cancel each other out - an effect which is called phase cancellation. Depending on the circumstances and the method used, the resulting soundwave may be so faint as to be inaudible to human ears.
Back in July 2008, Ode Magazine published an full issue entitled The Silence Issue where several authors write about silence and briefly resume the state of the art of what's being done regarding noise reduction and a number of very interesting articles about Silence.

Active noise control is being used experimentally in aircrafts canceling the noise at it's source - the engine. Tests are being done in households nearby internation airports, like a test made in 5 households in the Dutch city of Hoofddorp. Here's a very interesting report (pdf format) on "Quality of Life in Airport Regions".

My personal view is that noise canceling is a promising field and can be relatively efficient in some controlled situations and specific applications but in a 3 dimensional area where sound waves can come from any direction, to effectively cancel all noise we would need to have such an array of noise-canceling speakers that would very likely be too expensive a solution. So the best alternatives may still be the usual "passive noise control" like sound insulation, etc.
The best portion of a good man's life is his little nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.
~William Wordsworth
ronald

If active noise control emits a similar counter acting noise, would you not be bombarded with twice the amount of garbage? :scratch: It seems the particular focus of the target area for noise cancellation is very narrow in this system. You could easily be standing out of phase :shaking:

..putting an array of speakers coupled with noise canceling control in front of my window seems not the ideal solution indeed.

Imagine if there is something like an anti noise field to absorb/break out any kind of sound and not hindering sight, that would be cool. Of course such field would need to be harmless, not influencing our dearest electrons. :listen music:
(perhaps we can make the iSilent, with 8 hours of battery life, ideal for long meetings :rofl: )
BlueHaze

similar concerns crossed my mind initially.. I guess it's difficult to verify because the methods for testing this don't yet exist..
ronald

p 81.
‘To continue on the very important subject of noise, it is such a danger that, if nothing is done, catastrophe is certain.
‘Let us take the example of a discotheque. The people who expose themselves to music that is typically played three times too loudly, are subjecting their brains and their physiological and astral bodies to vibrations which are so harmful. If they could see the damage that is caused, they would vacate the discotheque quicker than if there was a fire.
Since we do not know at this moment which methods for testing could be used I'm going to try a different path now, in dealing with this problem.
I'm searching for research done on the effects of people who spend a number of hours in discos. I'd like to find a measure of damage that could help us proof further that noise pollution should have stricter regulations and laws in comparison to those of nuclear power plants, for example.

How do you (or can you) recover quickly from such noise parasites?