Understanding Your Life

A place to discuss the higher self, chakras, meditation, spiritual healing, and other methods of healing.

Moderator: Moderators

Marcus

Understanding your life.

Do you examine your environment, the country you live in, the state/suburb/town you live in, the people you associate with, your family, people you are attracted to, your associates/peers, your country/state/suburbs attitude or can I say collective consciousness?
I do and in doing so I can understand a little better why I chose this lifetime.

Try it out, I'm sure you will be able to see things in a new light. :)
It aint about who you love but do you love?

Michael Franti/Spearhead.
Kestrel

I live in america. I see so many things. What I see the most is the potentioal of those who care to realize certin things to change and be happy with their choices.

I can some what see through asking questions. I say some what, because of this fact. There is also the possiblity that I dont yet have all the things I need to understand yet, or other possibilitys I might be missing. Its hard to tell.
‘And there we are. When you push away your neighbours, your son or your daughter - if you aren’t always ready to help even those whom you don’t like, you contribute to the disintegration of your civilisation. And this is what is happening on Earth more and more, through hate and violence."
Thao
bomohwkl

i am living in a city which is considered the *** city in the UK and I am living in a neigbourhood who enjoyed being drugs and loud music. I associated with friends who I see incapable to understand the truth. I am surrounded by people who enjoy getting drunk and smoking in order to chill out.

One good point is the housing price is cheap. Expensive houses ensalve everyone into materialism.
Zark

bomohwkl wrote: I am living in a neigbourhood who enjoyed being drugs and loud music. (...) I am surrounded by people who enjoy getting drunk and smoking in order to chill out.
The saddest thing is you can't do anything much to help them. In the end they have to realise for themselves how stupid and self-destructive that behaviour is. Perhaps this is the result of a mentality which says "you only have one life, so live it up!", what do you think?
bomohwkl wrote:One good point is the housing price is cheap. Expensive houses ensalve everyone into materialism.
I've heard the prices are pretty crazy in the UK.. and that the food is pretty ordinary :-)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Zark

Re: Understanding your life.

Marcus Collins wrote:I do and in doing so I can understand a little better why I chose this lifetime.
Try it out, I'm sure you will be able to see things in a new light. :)
Well... when I think why I chose this life, it is hard to avoid me asking why I chose one with such screwed up DNA :shock:. But hey, I guess someone had to draw the sort straw ?

cheers,
z
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -- Douglas Adams
Marcus

Well... when I think why I chose this life, it is hard to avoid me asking why I chose one with such screwed up DNA . But hey, I guess someone had to draw the sort straw ?

cheers,
z
So many personal possibilties why you did? Is it something you are actively finding out?

For me it would be, "Why did I choose DNA that made me start to go bald and grey at 26 :? 8)

Vesko

Don't lose hope, I bet all those effects are reversible, but it would take humongous discipline... until 'making it' we must all suffer each with his own problematic idiosyncrasies...
Recently I read the following words of Edgar Cayce that we, being divine creations, are never meant to die as long as we follow the godly way... What father would want his children to be sick and die? What programmer would want his program to crash and get corrupted?
From his words I got the impression that we have the opportunity to do so (prevent sickness and forced dying) within 1 lifetime; that was my personal impression.
Yet the choice of that form which any of these shall take is ever dependent upon the will, that heritage from the Father that makes for every soul's development--whether as a companion for those environs of the celestial form or whether the terrestrial or the earth that must find its way. For the will of self is as of the Father; He hath not willed that any soul should perish but hath with each temptation, with each trial prepared a way of escape; making as the bridge the Cross, over which each soul may find the glory of its Lord and of that to which it has sought to attain.

Edgar Cayce Reading 1246-2
Do you REALLY practice meditation? If your REALLY do, do you practice a GOOD method? Are you sure this is REALLY so?
Lachie

Marcus: when i was doing the tibetans regularly i found that, instead of my hair falling out, it started to grow back... it was a lot stronger, so you might want to give it a go.

I think we all chose our bodies not looking at what we have, but what we could have, given how much we learn. i know thats why i chose mine... i think i could be an exquisite specimen if i learned lots and put the work in... as i'm sure all you guys could be.

Lachie
God is a games designer =]
Marcus

Lachie wrote:Marcus: when i was doing the tibetans regularly i found that, instead of my hair falling out, it started to grow back... it was a lot stronger, so you might want to give it a go.

I think we all chose our bodies not looking at what we have, but what we could have, given how much we learn. i know thats why i chose mine... i think i could be an exquisite specimen if i learned lots and put the work in... as i'm sure all you guys could be.

Lachie
Hi Lachie,

I was just having a bit of a laugh. It doesn't concern me at all now. It did in my early 20's. I even took tablets to stop the loss!! Suffice to say, other areas were effected :shock: It's so low maintenance now. I shave my head a couple of times per month at home.

How did you go with Tibetan 6???

Lachie

Well i have not done the 6, just the 5, but the results are good. I try and do them as often as I can but it generally works out to just be when i'm nearing sickness or i am during a period of stress. Sadly i know i should do it every day but i cannot muster up the resolve or the willpower.

Heh, so since you took those tablets you have to shave all over your body now other wise you will look like a yeti? Is that what you are trying to say, big man? :D

Lach
God is a games designer =]
Zark

Lachie wrote:Heh, so since you took those tablets you have to shave all over your body now other wise you will look like a yeti? Is that what you are trying to say, big man?
Depends what drug they used. I might end up losing some hair too, I will have to wait and see. With male baldness a doc told me it is related to testosterone levels. It isn't so much that people who go bald have high testosterone levels, but rather that their body is more sensitive to moderate/high testosterone levels.

So the obvious drug choice for men is one that lowers testosterone production.. hmmm, I can guess what that would do :D ??

I reckon an infra-red lamp would be helpful. The mitochondria that power your cells love infra red energy. Infra-red lamps are known to increase the rate of wound healing...
Marcus

"So the obvious drug choice for men is one that lowers testosterone production.. hmmm, I can guess what that would do :D ??"

Very clever Zark. You are correct. Once I discovered the problem, I quickly stopped taking the tablets! :oops: Thankfully things returned to normal immediately :lol:

Side note, I also learned a lot. As the old saying goes, "It's not appearances that count, but rather what is behind them".

Zark

Marcus Collins wrote:Once I discovered the problem, I quickly stopped taking the tablets! :oops: Thankfully things returned to normal immediately :lol:
Modern medicine is very crude indeed, despite the billions of dollars spent on it. I have had my own trouble with the drugs perscribed for an inflammatory conditon (spondylitis, which is kinda like arthritis). I used their anti-inflammatory drugs for many years, and did a great deal of damage to various bodily organs in the process.

I am in the process of overcoming this disease through more natural means. Lately the real winners seem to be: diet restriction, mega doses of Vitamin C (eg: 10,000 mg a day), and use of an infra-red lamp.
Marcus Collins wrote:Side note, I also learned a lot. As the old saying goes, "It's not appearances that count, but rather what is behind them".
So true, and it is worth reminding ourselves that. When I look carefully I see people everywhere worrying more about superficial appearances than they do about deeper more spiritual matters.
bomohwkl

With male baldness a doc told me it is related to testosterone levels. It isn't so much that people who go bald have high testosterone levels, but rather that their body is more sensitive to moderate/high testosterone levels
:roll: Oh dear. Either the doctor is incapable or you dom't hear it correctly. Baldness is not due to high level of testorerone!!!! Hint: it is due to the conversion of testostrone into some dihydrotestosterone that kill the hair follicles. Cerainly those people who tends to get bald have high rate of dihydrotestosterone conversion.
muster up the resolve or the willpower
I recently find out that willpower is not enough. You have to find out and how to make it FUN.
Zark

bomohwkl wrote: :roll: Oh dear. Either the doctor is incapable or you dom't hear it correctly.
bomohwkl, there is no need to be rude. Besides this, you have also misunderstood what I said.
bomohwkl wrote:Baldness is not due to high level of testorerone!!!! Hint: it is due to the conversion of testostrone into some dihydrotestosterone that kill the hair follicles. Cerainly those people who tends to get bald have high rate of dihydrotestosterone conversion.
Last edited by Zark on Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.